Hawaii Pacific Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hawaii Pacific Health

2.5

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Applied online. Received call regarding my qualifications, and confirmed an online video interview once they decided my qualifications were reasonable. Online video interview was with HR only and was mainly “would this schedule work for you” and “when can you start” and “how much would you like to make”. When I mentioned wanting higher base pay than I get currently on the mainland, the HR rep seemed peeved that I mentioned cost of living being higher and told me I didn’t do my research. I have been researching for weeks in general and for this job for days. Any other questions I had would have to directed at a nursing manager and not the HR rep on the call.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health.

Interview

Applied online. Did a video interview, then 2 logic/cognitive tests, a pharmacology test, and then in-person interview. In person interview lasted about 1hr mixture of behavioral and scenario questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health (Honolulu, HI) in November 2019.

Interview

The process was personable and easy going. Preparation is particular towards the job you are applying for, there is not much of a 1:1 behavioral analysis type of interview. Management within the department have great experience and would make great mentors. Personnel are continuously working and engaged while lacking a common uptightness in such an environment, refreshing.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health (Honolulu, HI) in August 2019.

Interview

I had five separate interviews for a Marketing Manager position (counting the first screening interview by HR) over a three-month period. I liked the 10 different individuals I met over the course of all the interviews and was interested and inspired by this position. However, the final interview and way in which I was told I didn't get the position (it was down to me and one other) were incredibly unprofessional.

At the third interview, there were six people in the room, one on the phone, which was overwhelming. I enjoyed the conversations with everyone during the process, during the final interview I was told it was down to me and one other, that clearly I was qualified for the role, but they needed to ensure they chose the right person. Because of that, the final interview had a very different feel, as if they were nit-picking and laser-focused on what they felt were my negatives.

For example, I was told I wouldn’t be able to do “graphic design” work in this role, and how would I feel about that. In the first interview, we’d talked about how this role wasn’t about work like that, I knew that and I didn’t expect to be doing any graphic design work, that was already discussed. So I had to explain that I never expected I would be doing graphic design work in this role. The final interview felt like I was constantly defending myself, and defending things I’d said in interviews 1-4. I hope this isn’t the case, but it felt like they’d already chosen the other candidate and wanted the final interview with me simply to confirm that choice by inventing and digging for negatives.

After the final interview, I was told I’d hear from them by the end of that week. After two weeks, I got an auto-generated generic email from HR “no-reply” address saying I didn’t get the job, there were many qualified candidates, please try again. That’s not the way you inform a candidate who’s been through a three-month process, had five interviews with you and was down to your final two. Really bad form, especially for a health care company whose mission to about caring for people's wellbeing.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health (Honolulu, HI) in April 2019.

Interview

Very professional and pleasant. Was interviewed by panel of doctors and business manager. They started off by telling me about the job. Then, asked me "tell me about yourself." You have to sell yourself.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long. They called me for an interview a week after I submitted my application. They called me for another test after 3 weeks. I didn’t meet the range requirement for the position. They wanted me to check back with them later on.

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health.

Interview

I applied to several online postings and only received one call back from the HR rep. She seemed very busy and didn't give me the time of day. Even though she called me, I had to explain what job I applied for, the Job posting number etc... She then said she would talk to the manager about me and see if I was a good fit and she said she'd "call me right back." I finally gave up waiting after unanswered emails and no call back from her. Very disappointing with how they treat their applicants, they make you feel replaceable and unworthy.

Interview Questions

• What type of patient diagnosis did you have on your last unit?   Answer Question

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health in December 2018.

Interview

The application goes through HR > Hiring Manager > Supervisor. Interview is about 15-30 min long. They ask mostly behavioral type questions. Nothing specifically regarding the specialty you are entering. HR will call if job is offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a patient.   Answer Question

Coding Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health (Honolulu, HI) in April 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by the director and supervisor in that department. I was very nervous at first but they both were so nice and so down to earth. I felt very confortable answering all their questions. They were very informative of the job description and even mentioned and re assured me that they will help me.

Clinical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hawaii Pacific Health.

Interview

In-person interview after applying online. Called back a few days later to offer the job. Rather long but very comprehensive onboarding process. Here's a note: timeliness is VERY important to HR throughout the entire healthcare system. Be early, NOT on time for every shift, every interview, & every meeting with HR. This is extremely important.