Haworth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Haworth Interview Questions

Interviews at Haworth

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haworth (Holland, MI).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, and then an in-person on site in Holland, MI. The interview process was smooth and I knew when to except the next step.

Interview Questions

• They were standard interview questions, like "describe a time you had to work with a difficult person" or "describe a time you went above and beyond"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haworth.

Interview

Phone screening and in person interview with 3 people. Depending on the hiring team, you could have 2, 30 minute interviews with different people from the department and future boss

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Haworth (Holland, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

The first round was a phone screen followed by two in-person interviews. The interviews were all very personable and welcoming -- they felt very conversational which made me feel comfortable and allowed me to paint myself in the best light.

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Haworth (Holland, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I loved my team that interviewed me because it was the team I worked with and I loved the people there. Overall I liked the interview because I was able to make it more conversational and less question after question

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual tell me about a time when, and tell me about yourself questions   Answer Question

Internal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Haworth (Holland, MI).

Interview

I had a few phone interviews and then flew in for a full day of face-to-face interviews with several people, usually interviewing in pairs. Interestingly, after the very first contact, I was never interviewed by HR, only the business group that I would be working with. I would have appreciated more discussion with HR. A lot of time (too much time) elapsed between each phone interview, the onsite visit, and the job offer. When I questioned them about this, they explained it was because they were just soooo busy and also because they didn't think I'd accept an offer anyway because of the salary I was seeking. I actually had to explain them that it was customary to negotiate a salary.

Interview Questions

• I was very well-prepared and didn't find any of the questions particularly difficult or unexpected. However, they did ask for many examples of difficult or challenging situations I faced on previous jobs, how I handled them, and the outcomes. They asked many questions about my responses, seeming to dig deep in order to verify that I really did know what I was talking about and that I had the competence and experience that I claimed. I actually enjoyed the interview experience and appreciated that they took that much trouble to verify my qualifications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was awkward and difficult. I gave away too much during the negotiation. I was very impressed with some aspects of the company and the job, and probably appeared too eager. They offered the low end of the range we originally discussed. They said the range they initially mentioned was actually a mistake. The manager said that as a compromise, I would get a promotion and raise within the first year if I proved my worth. (I should have got that in writing...my mistake.) Despite excellent (and documented) performance reviews and ratings, my salary wasn't raised to the level we agreed. The manager explained that the "powers that be" wouldn't authorize it. I would have left, but the ups and downs in the economy over the years were too disconcerting. Instead, I adjusted my effort and performance level to match my compensation level. I am now actively seeking a new job.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Haworth (Holland, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter phone call for the first two interviews
    Flew me into Holland to interview with the team and management (half day)

Questions were typical, very warm and nice interview process. The recruiter took time to give me feedback on my resume and even put me in contact with others in the organization who could benefit from my skill set while I was going through the interview process.

Interview Questions

• How did your experience working as a research intern with a local non-profit prepare you to work in a corporate research position?   1 Answer

Industrial Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Haworth in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two distinct conversations first with HR and then management. The questions were somewhat difficult from HR but overall it was still a pleasant encounter. Specific design related questions were straightforward and useful information was provided about the position.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Haworth (Big Rapids, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied and was called for testing within 24 hours which impressed me at the time there were 20-25 people in for testing all in their 20's and 30's all 30 to 40 years younger than me. Called one week latter for interview with HR and Team Leader interview started 30 minutes late but ok interview started out with statement from interviewers that they were impressed with testing results I posted and the years of experience I had in previous positions. Questions were right out of the HR play book no suprises no extremely hard questions all pretty standard interview. They asked me my views of doing quality work in any endevor I under took and my safety in work place views as well as production goals that may be required answered and accepted by them as fitting in with their standards and beliefs for positions. At end of interview I asked them the question about how in their view interview went and again they stated they were impressed and it appeared that I may be a very good fit and it was left at that.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to return to work force after retirement after 40 years.   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Big Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Haworth (Big Rapids, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

Application was placed online after about 30 days was contacted for testing date 15 days contacted for interview at time of interview we were subjected to a few more tests before interview and given an overview of Hayworth policies and then went into the first round of interviews. 3 days later was called in for second interview after interviewing with department manager and HR manager they called in employee from the department that was doing the hiring for brief interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that you can put in the required hours and labor at your age.   1 Answer
    • Q:Can you be at work every day that you are scheduled   1 Answer
    • Q: If offered a position would I accept and how soon could I start if offer was tendered   1 Answer

Sustainability Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Haworth in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview a week later. After the interview it took several weeks to hear a final answer whether or not I would be moving forward, even though the recruiter said that they would "be scheduling in-person interviews the next two weeks". I asked point-blank if the recruiter had any hesitations about moving forward and they said no, yet I felt I was led on to a final rejection. I was quite disappointed despite having similar qualifications to the person in this position prior.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to try to get someone to see your way of thinking.   1 Answer