Hayneedle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hayneedle

2.4

Sort:

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

The interview wasn't great. I didn't feel like the person doing the interviewing had any training or skill associated with learning what I might contribute to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was a little back and forth, but the offer for the most part was firm.

Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, did intro interview with HR and then 2 rounds with people from the department. The interviews were all on the same day - stayed in one room and the interviewers came to me so nice I didn't have to shuffle around. Some of the questions were the same from each person so not sure if there is a script they refer to or not. Overall process too about 3 weeks.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in July 2011.

Interview

I was signed up to get email alerts of relevant job postings. Saw job for buyer online, but did not apply online. Gave my resume to a friend who worked at Hayneedle who walked it over to HR. HR then called me a few hours later and I set up a time to do a phone interview with the HR person. After talking to them I was scheduled to do another phone interview with a senior buyer. I then was flown out to Omaha about a week later and met with buyers, DMM & VP of Merchandisng as well as HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had a lot of experience, and was able to negotiate my salary and days off that I had committed to. I was not able to negotiate vacation, it is the same for everyone.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in February 2012.

Interview

This wasn't the first time I had interviewed with Hayneedle, so the recruiter did know a little bit about me and my background before hand. The process was started when my resume was passed to the hiring manager from someone in upper management whom I'd worked with previously. Within a week, I was contacted to set up an interview. I first was asked some basic questions about my professional skills and personal experiences by the recruiter and then was able to sit 1:1 with the manager. I was given a thorough briefing of the job and had some time to build rapport. It was very conversation-like and I could tell that this was a place that I'd like to be. After another week, I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How can my past experiences most positively affect this role?   Answer Question
    • Please go into detail how you utilized reporting tools in your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, the few things that I asked for were non-negotiable ... but for good reason. I'd advise others considering an offer to just ask. The worst that happens is they say no.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with HR first and then had a second interview with the DM of the department the position was in. I received an interview after talking to recruiters at multiple career fairs throughout my first two years of college. I left my resume with them in at the Spring 2016 career fair and received a phone call for this internship a week later.

Interview Questions

• It pretty standard interviewing question to assess culture fit and your previous experience.   Answer Question

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in February 2012.

Interview

I was an internal candidate for the position. At the call center the supervisors set aside time for their team members looking to advance within the company. I went through mock interviews. I had my initial interview with our HR recruiter. They review your resume and past work history to determine if you are a qualified candidate for the position that you seek. If you are then they help you prepare to interview with the manager of the department.

Interview Questions

• I always have a hard time when asked. What is your greatest weakness? I always find the STAR technique to work with every difficult question. I think this question is aimed to find how much tact you have in sticky situations   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, I was an internal hire and I was given an offer that was very worth while.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Found the listing on glassdoor. About a week or so later I was contacted by Hayneedles recruitment team about setting up phone call with this message:

"Thanks for the application and interest in our Senior Engineer opening.  After reviewing your skills and experience, I would like to schedule an introductory phone call.  Do you have time available today or Tuesday for a conversation? "

So I set up for Tuesday and it was even confirmed by him and the guy is a complete no show. I reached out to him multiple times respectfully in case something happened and nothing. Around 2-3 weeks later I get a generic "We moved on" message from the same recruiter

" After reviewing your skills and experience, we have made the decision to move forward with other candidates for this position. We hope you will keep us in mind for future opportunities at Hayneedle "

Talk about being unprofessional and contradictory. You're the face of the company when it comes to hiring. Show some respect. I look good then I don't suddenly without even talking to me.

Advice: own your appointments and respond to people

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

There were several positions posted that I interviewed for before actually being hired. At that time, there were a lot of internal promotions which was promising to me. The interview process itself was pretty standard. I interviewed with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a panel of buyers, then the vice president.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in January 2012.

Interview

I encountered a very laid back atmosphere and casual dress code. The one on one interview took place within a half an hour. The interviewer was very nice. There really weren't any challenging questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Floor Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

Interview started off with a informational meeting of company history with other interviewees and then we were separated for the interview process. The first question was why I left my last job. This was followed by questions pertaining to my Resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked to give an example of decision I made at work that could have been positive or negative and what the outcome was. What kind of leadership style I have. What kind of leadership style do I prefer from my boss. Give an example of a tough experience with another associate and the outcome.   Answer Question