Hayneedle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.3

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in April 2017.

Interview

Asked lots of situational questions, a lot of questions. Lots of in depth answers required,. You want to answer the most detailed possible with this company. Lots of questions but you must answer and prepare for this interview. Prepare to be asked how you may handle certain situations and how you have handled things in the workplace in the past.

Customer Experience Email Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in August 2016.

Interview

Before receiving the invite to go for an interview, I had to do three (3) online assessments (one math, one English grammar, and one misc.). Once I got confirmation that I 'passed' the tests, I got a call saying to come down for an interview. I didn't actually have to schedule the interview, they just said to come down between certain times of the day, Monday through Friday.

Interview Questions

• What is an example where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a time you messed up (at work) but owned up to your mistake?   Answer Question

Recruiting Position Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

I had applied to this position and never received any word as to how the application process was. I emailed the recruiter two weeks later and I was set up with an interview. I interviewed and it went great! After about two weeks I emailed back to check in on the status - I never heard a word back. Finally THREE MONTHS later and I received an email saying I was not selected. Very unprofessional.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

There were several positions posted that I interviewed for before actually being hired. At that time, there were a lot of internal promotions which was promising to me. The interview process itself was pretty standard. I interviewed with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then a panel of buyers, then the vice president.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview questions   1 Answer

WAH Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hayneedle in October 2015.

Interview

Went into the office for an interview. They lied about the starting pay. It is a few dollars less then what they listed on careerlink.com I was told that was the pay in house. That's the old bait and switch! Very sneaky, thumbs down!

Interview Questions

• How did you change a negative customer experience around?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They hired me for regular full time. However they switched it to seasonal after they did not review my results on time. Even though I turned them in before the deadline! With no adequate explanation other than positions are first come first serve...... Why, I outta!

Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, did intro interview with HR and then 2 rounds with people from the department. The interviews were all on the same day - stayed in one room and the interviewers came to me so nice I didn't have to shuffle around. Some of the questions were the same from each person so not sure if there is a script they refer to or not. Overall process too about 3 weeks.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviews are done one-on-one or with a couple of supervisors. It's a classic STAR interview scenario, a lot of "tell me about a time when" questions. Supervisors are friendly and are all good people. It is not a high pressure interview by any means.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided "Legendary" customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in May 2015.

Interview

Laid back. Asking about people skills and easy things. Situations and how you would handle them. Basically how we do under pressure and with escalated customers. The interview process is very easy, as long as you are a up-beat and positive personality.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tough situations you aren't sure how to handle?   1 Answer

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with HR first and then had a second interview with the DM of the department the position was in. I received an interview after talking to recruiters at multiple career fairs throughout my first two years of college. I left my resume with them in at the Spring 2016 career fair and received a phone call for this internship a week later.

Interview Questions

• It pretty standard interviewing question to assess culture fit and your previous experience.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hayneedle.

Interview

Had a phone call interview with HR that was pretty "meh".
    Had an in person interview with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. They asked more detailed experience questions. Honestly, I think this interview was a joke. If you showed a mediocre amount of experience and could get along with the two, then I think you could get the offer.
    Had an interview with 2 peers. Again, behavioral based questions. I don't think the two had much experience with interviews. Again, didn't take much to impress.

Overall, I think their interview process should be much more rigorous.

Interview Questions

• If you had a superpower, what would it be?   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a signing bonus since I was taking a step back in salary.