Hays Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2018

3.2

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in September 2015.

Interview

it was really easy process. its almost like they are begging to have people work for them. Then you start working there, you realise why they need people so badly. never seen such high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult problem you've successfully solved?   Answer Question

Aug 27, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your 2017 review of your 2015 interview. Hays has over 250 offices in 33 countries, so unfortunately one is unable to speak to turnover, as each country and office has their own... More

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

3 steps of interviews: 1st face to face short interview; introduction and behavioral questions
    2nd assessment center: was in a conference room and there were in total 11 of us 3rd Skype interview with hiring managers

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA).

Interview

Walked in through job forum, had a short conversation with their director and got an interview very soon. The third stage was the 3 hrs assessment center, challenging but rewarding. Consisted of role-playing and behavior exercises. They are all very nice and it was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (Columbus, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the interviews,

1st stage - phone interview, just talked about yourself and what makes you interested with the company.

2nd stage - phone call/face-to-face with the manager; talked about the process of recruitment and your goals.

3rd stage: assessment - there are 4 exercises on this stage

4th stage: talked with the manager from the location that you asked for.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

Jan 31, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience, albeit difficult. We currently have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, DC, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando, Raleigh... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Boston Career Forum and I got a phone interview directly from the Japan office. I was asked several questions and the HR person seemed to suggest that Hays is highly competitive place and everybody works in a stressful environment so if you don't like stress please don't come.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by group interview, followed by director. Most important thing is personality and fit towards a sales job. Ambition is also valued and ability to meet targets.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Maitland, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview Process is 3 hours long. You will meet with top producers from Recruitment, Account Management, and Managing Directors. Video Conf. with VP. Very happy go lucky, people who "love it so much" All but one seemed to actually be genuine. The rest were kind of "hard selling" the company and how "great" it is. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone who wants to make serious money. Doesn't seem to be a place where people are making any real money. Couldn't take a step back in pay and the recruiter will feed some BS about an initial draw to get you up and running. No thanks. Stay away from this company unless you want to starve for a year. Happy Hunting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received constructive feedback and how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult client and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Feb 1, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry the experience didn't sit well with you. We value and respect each person that walks through our doors, whether they choose to join Hays or take another... More

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

very short and mainly typical job interview questions. If you know what you are doing you can answer the questions asked during this interview without being nervous. You can do the work and deliver exceptional results. You will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. You possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out from the crowd. Hiring you will make him look smart and make his life easier.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

3 phase role-playing interview: 1. sell yourself; 2. sell the candidate; 3. sell Hays. You are basically role-playing a recruiter and you get to experience what it feels like to be a recruiter.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on linkedin.
    1) Skype interview with Hays Internal Recruiter
    2) Assesment Center - Group of 6 candidates + Hays Internal Recruiter and Hays Director. On this stage they will play roles and its great to better understand what the job is and if it is really for you. My tip is: do an extensive research about the company and what recruitment is. An extensive material is available on Youtube and on the website. The more you know, the better prepared you will be. You really have to show you want it.
    3) Skype Interview with Country Manager/Director. It would be presencial but he was out of country. Not even one useless question. Very professional. It took about 20 minutes but he asked me very stratagic questions. Again prepare yourself. Showing that you fully understand the business can make a diference. Show them you want it, show them you can do it.
    4) presencial meeting with head of office and senior consultant: last stage. again very professional people treated me really well. Long interview as I had to explain many questions and provide details about my CV. Prepare yourself. I noticed that your look is very important here. Make sure you are perfectly dressed with formal business clothes. Hair, nails, etc everything counts and you dont want to lose points with this. Show up very well dressed even on small details.
    5) references checks: if they ask you for this it is very likely you will receive an offer letter. provide them two contacts, ex-managers is prefered. Call your pp in advance and ask them if they can give good references. Choose someone you trust.
    Finally they will invite you to go back to the office and give you an offer letter!

Sorry for the typos. Writing from the phone. Good luck. if you read this youre probably doing a more extensive research than your competitors. So keep yourself calm and speak with confidance. Smile, stand up and shake hands when the enter the room. They will start evaluting you from the moment you arrive at the reception. Be friendly and polite with the recepcionist.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

Feb 1, 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition