HealthNow New York Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HealthNow New York Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HealthNow New York (Buffalo, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It took over two months from the application and phone interview until the job offer and background check, and finally the starting date. There were 2 phone interviews , an in person interview, a skills test.., lots of dragged out hoops to jump through.

Negotiation

Unfortunately over a week after I accepted the job, they withdrew the offer due to my testing positive for medical marijuana. I produced my New York State medical marijuana card and even offered to discontinue use despite it being legally approved to treat my disability. Unfortunately they don't care. A director e-mailed me to advise me that they would not be employing me but good luck with all future endeavors! I offered to discontinue use and submit to future tests to prove it, to give them more details or access to my doctor... it's "impossible" for them to employ me.
    I just wish I had known their stance on discriminating against medical mj patients over 2 months ago. Live and learn. Future applicants beware if this applies to you.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HealthNow New York.

Interview

Talk to recruiter, then 2-3 more calls with Manager or Director of Health Promotion on skype and last might be in office. Might have to present a health topic and answer questions about how you would design a wellness program. Interview seems to be different with each employee because it depends on who's in charge. Know about Motivational Interviewing and Behavior Change techniques. Might do a mock coaching session. Will take a super easy Spanish language exam. Use your experiences to explain why you qualify to be a health coach. Think about how you can best serve low-income, mainly immigrant factory worker populations.

Interview Questions

• How can you relate to the Latino population?   1 Answer

USCB Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HealthNow New York in January 2015.

Interview

waited for a long time, interviewer was disinterested. did not act like enough time was scheduled. The interviewer was on her cell phone most of the time. Did not ask meaningful questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give feedback   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HealthNow New York (King of Prussia, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

4 Hour interview ending with a personality profile test. Had to sit with various Directors and reconfirm everything I just said. It was definitely like I was selling myself but in a good way

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions, but more interested in achievements   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation for salary and commissions lasted for about a few days, but I was happy with it because I ended up making 10000 more than last job.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HealthNow New York (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

HR Interview
    Technical Interview
    Management Interview - Optional - HR may ask for this additional screening based on the candidate skill level
    HR Process is very slow though
    Video call screening if unable to attend in person

Interview Questions

• Very general design questions
      Some specific expert level questions in your area of expertise
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthNow New York.

Interview

Completed phone interview. Questions consisted of how do you handle a irate customer? Same day I was scheduled for an in person interview. Consisted of two supervisors from claims. They asked what would you do if a claim was not processed correctly? Then met with customer service supervisors. Took a day to get a response from HR. I wa offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Try to negotiate salary because they will give you more than customer service duties to handle. They want you to process claims, flexible spending , and also send out letters to clients. No increase in salary since they are currently laying off again.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HealthNow New York (Buffalo, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Contacted by internal HR resource about a director level role. Called HR back and had a phone screen. Set up phone call with hiring VP. Had a good conversation. Was called back by HR and told that I would be called to Buffalo for indepth interviews but was told what the comp package was and furthermore was told basically that it was take it or leave it. Was then called by HR to tell me that the internal recruiter would be out of the office for over two weeks and they would call me when they returned. I waited three weeks and called HR--never heard back.

They are dealing with health care reform and know they need new skills. Appear to be afraid to pull the trigger and too many people want to be part of the process. Was not all that interested because who wants to move to Buffalo.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HealthNow New York in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the hiring manager. Standard outcome based questions. Not to difficult.

Negotiation

Got a few more vacation days. Get as much salary as you can, you will never have a better chance to get more.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HealthNow New York in August 2010.

Interview

I had a great experience meeting with someone from Human Resources. I was able to meet with this individual because I attended a networking event. The individual in Human Resources referred me to one of the hiring Senior Managers. I met with the Senior Manager within 2 weeks of the initial interview. Both meetings were great and very informative.