Heinens Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.5

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pepper Pike, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Heinens (Pepper Pike, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I took a long interview "test" online which is weighted so do it diligently! Then I got a call from Heinen's asking to me an interview appointment. I had my interview and they hired me right on the spot!

Interview Questions

• They asked me scenario kind of questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Twinsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heinens (Twinsburg, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was quick and simple and they offered me the job the next day. It was very quick and easy, if you have an interview it is likely that you will get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Bluff, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heinens (Lake Bluff, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online, got a call roughly a week later, scheduled an interview, and was offered a position within two weeks of applying. I think they expected to offer me a position before I even walked in, since I didn't do anything extraordinarily impressive during the interview. I didn't know what department I'd be working in prior to the interview, but the interviewer recommended I be a cashier when I mentioned I was good at interacting with people.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Heinen's? [paraphrased]   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in University Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Heinens (University Heights, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

One interview one on one with the head manager and then I did training. I worked there on and off for 2 years as I went to college and came home during the holiday and summer.

Interview Questions

• I was in high school at the time, I was asked a lot about my goals after high school.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Heinens (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Code challenge was first. This happens before they bother speaking with you. It was easy, no complex algorithms I did well, missed one unit test. After that an on-site with hiring manager and then a final with senior exec. I did well on the code challenge and the on site was ok. I followed up and was told no decision has been made but expect an update in a week. I am writing this review 4 weeks later.
    I probably was not qualified or a good fit and that is ok, seems like a one line email saying so is so difficult for people that interview.

Interview Questions

• online code challenge , two sql two coding. simple select and then complex joins and grouping. coding was a simple traversal and string manipulation of a phone number. if you take the time you will ace it.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Heinens in June 2012.

Interview

I applied back in 2012 so the process has changed alot since then. I basically got a call to do an interview, met with a hiring manager who basically explained the job to me. I was hired on the spot. Didn't really get interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Heinens (Mentor, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I went to customer service desk and told them I had an interview. The manager came from the back and then took me into a room in the back. She then asked me a few normal interview questions. ("Why do you want to work here." and normal stuff about me.)

Interview Questions

• If a customer approached you about a product that the store does not have how what would you tell them.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Heinens.

Interview

It was very quick. I applied online and was called for an interview within four days. I went in and interviewed with the general manager (the interview only lasted about 20 minutes) and he hired me on the spot. It was more focused on just telling me the history of Heinen's than asking me any personal questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Heinen's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Heinens (Cleveland, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

One on One with the Store Manager. Simple, basic interview. Straightforward and to the point. Met some other department heads during tour of the store. Hired on the spot. Manager asked availability and what type fo hours I was looking for. Explained to me the benefits for working for a union

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself managing your school work and job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Barrington, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Heinens (Barrington, IL).

Interview

Very easy. Brought in my resume, met for a few minutes with someone from management, and got the job. Mostly just had to show that I was a hard worker and dependable.