Hilton Grand Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Grand Vacations Interview Questions

Interviews at Hilton Grand Vacations

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations in May 2013.

Interview

I found the job online went in for an interview things look good so far. They were really nice, things went well and they offered me a job. i look at the reviews and I'm worried if there is a big turn over. It's kind of like selling vacations to members.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations.

Interview

They will hire anyone regardless of skills as long as you have an outgoing personality. Turnover is high and new people start every week. Their concentration is to bring people in, provide corporate and floor training then see if they can produce. Some stay some go. Make sure to understand pay structure and work environment.

Interview Questions

• they ask very few questions usually one or two   1 Answer

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable.

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

First you do an interview where you are asked to answer questions on camera though the internet. If you pass, they will schedule an in person or phone interview. I rearranged my day and the first interviewer forgot to call me. I rescheduled and second day, I got a call that they needed to reschedule again. Third day I spoke with a hiring manager. It was pretty brief and they offered me the job.

Biggest issue is they were very vague about compensation package. There is a lot they don't tell you, like there are NO PAID DAYS OFF. NONE. NOT CHRISTMAS, THANKSGIVING. NADA. You have to use personal days if you want a holiday off. The pay is not competitive and you have to take a three week training making only your hourly wage of $9.00. Who can live on that even for a few weeks?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a disgruntled person.   Answer Question

Hilton Grand Vacations Response

May 3, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value our Team Member’s view and perspective. At HGV, it is our goal to provide an exceptional selection and onboarding experience. We apologize... More

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

Short and sweet. Just wanna get to know who you are. As long as you show them you're sweet and can sell. They will want you in a heart beat! They ask random questions and you'll have a phone interview after you pass the face to face interview

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were successfully able to upsell someone?
      How do you keep your team or yourself motivated?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

After applying for the position I received an e-mail with a link for a digital interview. I believe you have 3 business days to complete. Make sure you are in quiet, well lit place when you record this interview. And make sure that you do the practice questions first in order to set up video and audio (lighting, angle, etc.)

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about work experience & use of Word, Excel & Outlook. Asked why you wanted the position. Asked about your salary requirements.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, which led to a phone interview with the department manager, which led to an in-person interview.
    Before the in-person interview, the manager mentioned that some other people would be in the interview with us and that I would need to take a technical test while I was there. This was fine, except that I tend to freeze-up when taking tests during the interview process.

When I got there for the interview:
    First, the manager was a little late and he said the receptionist didn't tell him I was there.
    Next, he took me into a conference room and then a few guys from the team came in... then a few more... then a few more. There were 9 people from the team there (plus the manager), so I interviewed with 10 people at the same time! I understand the idea was for everyone to get to know me to make sure I was a good fit, but having 10 people in the same room seems like overkill.
    Luckily, only 3 people asked questions, but still.
    Though one of the guys on the team tried to be social and ask if I was married or if I had an any kids. The manager quickly said that question wasn't allowed and I didn't have to answer it. But that shows that the guy is a team-member and not a manager, which means he's not familiar with the interview process.
    This interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I wonder how much productivity the company lost by having 10 of their team members in an interview rather than doing actual work.

After that, the manager took me to his supervisor's office and I interviewed with him for about 20 minutes.

Then the manager had me take 2 programming tests, each about an hour long.
    I couldn't figure out the answers for the second test, so I told the one of the guys that I was done. He went to get the manager, but the manager was in a meeting. (I'm not sure why he scheduled a meeting while I was going through the interview and testing process.)
    So instead of saying good-bye to the manager and asking what the next step would be, the guy walked me to the front of the building and I went home.

Overall, the interview took about 2 1/2 hours, though it would have been longer if I used the entire hour to finish the second test.

Two weeks later, I received an e-mail saying they're going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Was I married? Did I have kids?   1 Answer
    • What are some of my hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience in my previous positions would apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Name a project or accomplishment that you're most proud of.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you were behind schedule on a project or that you couldn't finish your work and held up a project.   1 Answer

Hilton Grand Vacations Response

Jul 11, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

We are disappointed to hear that your interview experience was not consistent with our typical process. We have reached out and discussed your interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor... More

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick , they asked if I can be tenacious but at the same time provide customer service, with years of experience on banking i said yes. Manager didn't like me but supervisor told her I was the one she needed and they hire me. Overall supervisor were lazy except the one who hire me

Interview Questions

• Provide example of customer irate? How did you diffuse him?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

Standard: phone interview, in-person interview, etc
    Recruiter was nice and very helpful. Detailed all of the steps in the process.
    Requested a portfolio, which is standard in this field.
    In-person interview was 1 on 1, with the manager of the dept. Asked questions about field and asked for samples of work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The human resourse officer conducts a pre screening over the phone with questions such as," Name a situation where you went above and beyond your normal duties and why," "name a time where you had a difficult customer, what did you do and what was the outcome." Then they offer you to come to a face to face interview and they ask you similar questions from the phone interview.All Hiltons are different.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you didn't get along with someone in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied and got video interview invitation video interview was simple but somewhat intimidating question were related past career and achievement and general hospitality questions