Hilton Grand Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hilton Grand Vacations Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.4

Outbound Sales Vacation Advisor Interview

Interview

I waited for about 30 mins to get interviewed , they asked simple questions mostly like tell a time and how did you take action questions , got a tour of the sales department and that's about it , it was a relax environment , I'm just hoping I got the job .

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time a customer was dissatisfied and what could of you've done better .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, which led to a phone interview with the department manager, which led to an in-person interview.
    Before the in-person interview, the manager mentioned that some other people would be in the interview with us and that I would need to take a technical test while I was there. This was fine, except that I tend to freeze-up when taking tests during the interview process.

When I got there for the interview:
    First, the manager was a little late and he said the receptionist didn't tell him I was there.
    Next, he took me into a conference room and then a few guys from the team came in... then a few more... then a few more. There were 9 people from the team there (plus the manager), so I interviewed with 10 people at the same time! I understand the idea was for everyone to get to know me to make sure I was a good fit, but having 10 people in the same room seems like overkill.
    Luckily, only 3 people asked questions, but still.
    Though one of the guys on the team tried to be social and ask if I was married or if I had an any kids. The manager quickly said that question wasn't allowed and I didn't have to answer it. But that shows that the guy is a team-member and not a manager, which means he's not familiar with the interview process.
    This interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I wonder how much productivity the company lost by having 10 of their team members in an interview rather than doing actual work.

After that, the manager took me to his supervisor's office and I interviewed with him for about 20 minutes.

Then the manager had me take 2 programming tests, each about an hour long.
    I couldn't figure out the answers for the second test, so I told the one of the guys that I was done. He went to get the manager, but the manager was in a meeting. (I'm not sure why he scheduled a meeting while I was going through the interview and testing process.)
    So instead of saying good-bye to the manager and asking what the next step would be, the guy walked me to the front of the building and I went home.

Overall, the interview took about 2 1/2 hours, though it would have been longer if I used the entire hour to finish the second test.

Two weeks later, I received an e-mail saying they're going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Was I married? Did I have kids?   1 Answer
    • What are some of my hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience in my previous positions would apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Name a project or accomplishment that you're most proud of.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you were behind schedule on a project or that you couldn't finish your work and held up a project.   1 Answer

Jul 11, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

We are disappointed to hear that your interview experience was not consistent with our typical process. We have reached out and discussed your interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor... More

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

First you do an interview where you are asked to answer questions on camera though the internet. If you pass, they will schedule an in person or phone interview. I rearranged my day and the first interviewer forgot to call me. I rescheduled and second day, I got a call that they needed to reschedule again. Third day I spoke with a hiring manager. It was pretty brief and they offered me the job.

Biggest issue is they were very vague about compensation package. There is a lot they don't tell you, like there are NO PAID DAYS OFF. NONE. NOT CHRISTMAS, THANKSGIVING. NADA. You have to use personal days if you want a holiday off. The pay is not competitive and you have to take a three week training making only your hourly wage of $9.00. Who can live on that even for a few weeks?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a disgruntled person.   Answer Question

May 3, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value our Team Member’s view and perspective. At HGV, it is our goal to provide an exceptional selection and onboarding experience. We apologize... More

Guest Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived at interview location to find that hiring manager was at another location in a meeting. I waited for 15-20 minutes before the manager appeared in the lobby lounge of hotel. I was approached by another employee who asked me to go to the table where the manager was sitting. The manager barely looked up at me as I approached table. The manager didn't apologize for being late. The manager appeared to be very busy while continuing to write notes and checking phone for messages as I sat down. I could tell right away that the manager wasn't prepared to interview me and hadn't even looked at my resume at all. Asked about 3 questions and then explained role of position. The end of the conversation was rushed and dry as if the manager had already decided I wasn't the candidate to hire. Role is very sales driven and title/description makes it seem as if candidate would be in a more customer service driven role. Didn't not enjoy this experience at all and after reading reviews how employees have been treated, I'm glad I haven't heard back from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people and selling vacation packages?   1 Answer

May 23, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Long drawn out, disorganized, unprofessional and a massive waste of time. The start date changed. I had from the beginning of this long drawn out process informed them that I required 2 weeks notice. I was called on May 1nd to be told I would be considered for the June training by the HR representative. I emailed her to thank her for the call and as it had been a bad connection on her line, I asked in the email for a point of clarification to make sure she had indeed said they had a June training scheduled. Almost 3 weeks later and my email was not answered. Perhaps that is just a blow off line they give people or maybe she has been on a 3 week vacation. In any event, if they are holding monthly training sessions it means that the retention rate must be dismal. I have been offered a position where no one looked miserable and feel like a dodged a bullet with HGV. The reviews from customers alone should have made me avoid them altogether.

Interview Questions

• Our conversion rate is extremely low (15%) how would you deal with constant rejection?   2 Answers
    • Friendliness is not necessary, We need sales pros that our potential timeshareholders can respect.   1 Answer

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we value all candidate feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your interview experience was not consistent with our typical process. We would... More

Outbound Vacation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I was interviewed in Las Vegas and the process went very smooth. The gentleman who interviewed me was very helpful in explaining what the job was and what was expected from me. It is a performance based job so if you don't hit your quota you do get let go, but if that is your thing and you can thrive under the pressure then it would be a good job for any salesman out there.

Human Resources Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy. You have to do a video interview, and then you have an in person interview. Other departments may have other interview processes. The recruiter was very nice and extremely helpful!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a mistake, and what did you learn from your mistake?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

After a short video of an introduction to the company. You get interview with a manager. Very down to earth interview. The did not offereda tour through the company though.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome a reluctant client when her couple is not present and you know you won't have a second chance.   1 Answer

Interview

The interview process was similar to other companies. The first round of interview is with your hiring manager. The second interview was a panel interview with two other department heads of the property. One was the resort director

Call Transfer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

2 tier 1 with hr 1 with a ct supervisor first interview is very brief and goes over basic job tasks second part is more in depth on your ability to perform