Hilton Grand Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.5

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Easy not selective somewhat unprofessional with other interviews taking place right next to you. general lack of concern for the type of people he is hiring. didnt ask many questions or tell me much about the hours i would work or my opportunities for advancement

Interview Questions

• what plate would you make me to impress me   1 Answer

Outbound Vacation Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The recruiter and her team were very nice and make us feel comfortable with the company. But the supervisor didn't make eye contact through the interview. I tried several times to make a connection with her but wasn't possible at all. I felt horrible

Sales Executive for Timeshares Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Washington, DC) in December 2017.

Interview

Submit online application with resume. Hilton Grand Vacations is based in Orlando , Florida. It is an entirely separate and independent entity from the traditional Hilton hotel group of which most people are familiar.

Was contacted via email by a talent acquisition specialist domiciled at the Hilton timeshare location for which I applied. Invited to one-way, on-line video interview then invited to complete on-line personality assessment. Followed by a telephone interview. This led to an invitation to attend a face-to-face interview event at the Hilton timeshare location in Washington, DC.

12/18/18 Interviewed in the evening at the sparsely attended hiring event with another locally based talent acquisition specialist. It was a one on one, face to face interview. (The T.A.S. with whom I had been working with was also on-site but we had no contact). Now, the T.A.S. who just conducted the interview forwarded the process by extending a warm hand-off to a young man that appeared to be the local on-site sales manager, deeply involved in the hiring process. This professional indicated I was an excellent fit for this sales role. He was excited to have me join his team as early as late January 2018- February 2018. As he escorted me to the exit with the warmest, most sincere welcome to the team sentiments and a pat on the back he extended three requests and I accepted these three requests:

1. Remain in close contact and provide updates to the Talent acquisition specialist from original email.

Obtain a Washington DC Real Estate Sales License. (The initial ad specified applicants must possess or be able to obtain this license). I was directed to purchase an on-line 60 hr preparation course, a prerequisite to sitting for the license test. He indicated that he had taken a similar course and had passed the government test as well in obtaining the license and that I should be quite able to do so as well.
    Action Taken:
    Purchased the 60 hr course that night, at a cost of approximately $300.
    Emailed the T.A.S. with update. Requested that she forward update to the gentleman.

2. Schedule. Be available to sell on-site five days per week, to include every weekend. Hours are 8:30 am until 3:00 pm to possibly 4:00 pm. Income earnings would be entirely 100% commission. If quotas are met, payouts increase. If quotas are not met; there was the suggestions that one could apply sales talents outside of Hilton Grand Vacations employment.

Action Taken:
    Emailed the T.A.S. that I was engaging in action to confirm schedule availability for HGV.
    Rearranged a current part-time job schedule by bidding on a 3:30 am to 7:30 am shift.
    On 12/21/17 this new schedule was confirmed.

{Unfortunately, we will not be proceeding with your application}, was the return email reply just over three hours later from the T.A.S. She stated that I misunderstood the gentleman and she apologized that I had misunderstood (??!!). I was further told that the gentleman had no authority. I was further told that the regardless of the gentleman's involvement in this hiring process, his role does not permit him to extend any promise or any offer. To further pour salt into the wound, the T.A.S. stated I had left the hiring event with no offer. Had the HVC team wanted me then they would have extended a formal, written offer at that time. It was when she stated that she and the other T.A.S. members all met and decided collaboratively that they would terminate further consideration that I used a very bad word.

In retrospect, by exposing duplicity early in the process, the HVC associates did me a big favor.

Interview Questions

• How would you hand a stressful situation where you are tasked to convince a prospect to contract for a big ticket purchase in 1.5 to two hours?   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Interview

If you submit on HGV website HR manger email link for the video interview. Online video interview first and they contacted me 2 days after to set up the in person interview. All interview process finish in one week

Interview Questions

• 1. Introduce yourself
      2. Whats the difficult situation you confront and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Sep 12, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for interviewing with Hilton Grand Vacations and for taking the time to leave us a review. We greatly value your honest feedback on the review process. It is our goal to make HGV the... More

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kawaihae, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Kawaihae, HI) in September 2017.

Interview

For the first interview you download an app to your phone and video yourself. You have one minute to plan it out, and 2 chances to re-record. Very interesting. If you're not used to making videos, definitely use the practices.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Outbound Sales Vacation Advisor Interview

Interview

I waited for about 30 mins to get interviewed , they asked simple questions mostly like tell a time and how did you take action questions , got a tour of the sales department and that's about it , it was a relax environment , I'm just hoping I got the job .

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time a customer was dissatisfied and what could of you've done better .   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, which led to a phone interview with the department manager, which led to an in-person interview.
    Before the in-person interview, the manager mentioned that some other people would be in the interview with us and that I would need to take a technical test while I was there. This was fine, except that I tend to freeze-up when taking tests during the interview process.

When I got there for the interview:
    First, the manager was a little late and he said the receptionist didn't tell him I was there.
    Next, he took me into a conference room and then a few guys from the team came in... then a few more... then a few more. There were 9 people from the team there (plus the manager), so I interviewed with 10 people at the same time! I understand the idea was for everyone to get to know me to make sure I was a good fit, but having 10 people in the same room seems like overkill.
    Luckily, only 3 people asked questions, but still.
    Though one of the guys on the team tried to be social and ask if I was married or if I had an any kids. The manager quickly said that question wasn't allowed and I didn't have to answer it. But that shows that the guy is a team-member and not a manager, which means he's not familiar with the interview process.
    This interview lasted for about 30 minutes and I wonder how much productivity the company lost by having 10 of their team members in an interview rather than doing actual work.

After that, the manager took me to his supervisor's office and I interviewed with him for about 20 minutes.

Then the manager had me take 2 programming tests, each about an hour long.
    I couldn't figure out the answers for the second test, so I told the one of the guys that I was done. He went to get the manager, but the manager was in a meeting. (I'm not sure why he scheduled a meeting while I was going through the interview and testing process.)
    So instead of saying good-bye to the manager and asking what the next step would be, the guy walked me to the front of the building and I went home.

Overall, the interview took about 2 1/2 hours, though it would have been longer if I used the entire hour to finish the second test.

Two weeks later, I received an e-mail saying they're going with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Was I married? Did I have kids?   1 Answer
    • What are some of my hobbies outside of work?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience in my previous positions would apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Name a project or accomplishment that you're most proud of.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you were behind schedule on a project or that you couldn't finish your work and held up a project.   1 Answer

Jul 11, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

We are disappointed to hear that your interview experience was not consistent with our typical process. We have reached out and discussed your interview with the hiring manager and his supervisor... More

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

First you do an interview where you are asked to answer questions on camera though the internet. If you pass, they will schedule an in person or phone interview. I rearranged my day and the first interviewer forgot to call me. I rescheduled and second day, I got a call that they needed to reschedule again. Third day I spoke with a hiring manager. It was pretty brief and they offered me the job.

Biggest issue is they were very vague about compensation package. There is a lot they don't tell you, like there are NO PAID DAYS OFF. NONE. NOT CHRISTMAS, THANKSGIVING. NADA. You have to use personal days if you want a holiday off. The pay is not competitive and you have to take a three week training making only your hourly wage of $9.00. Who can live on that even for a few weeks?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a disgruntled person.   Answer Question

May 3, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value our Team Member’s view and perspective. At HGV, it is our goal to provide an exceptional selection and onboarding experience. We apologize... More

Guest Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Arrived at interview location to find that hiring manager was at another location in a meeting. I waited for 15-20 minutes before the manager appeared in the lobby lounge of hotel. I was approached by another employee who asked me to go to the table where the manager was sitting. The manager barely looked up at me as I approached table. The manager didn't apologize for being late. The manager appeared to be very busy while continuing to write notes and checking phone for messages as I sat down. I could tell right away that the manager wasn't prepared to interview me and hadn't even looked at my resume at all. Asked about 3 questions and then explained role of position. The end of the conversation was rushed and dry as if the manager had already decided I wasn't the candidate to hire. Role is very sales driven and title/description makes it seem as if candidate would be in a more customer service driven role. Didn't not enjoy this experience at all and after reading reviews how employees have been treated, I'm glad I haven't heard back from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking to people and selling vacation packages?   1 Answer

May 23, 2017 – Human Resource Project Specialist

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hilton Grand Vacations (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Long drawn out, disorganized, unprofessional and a massive waste of time. The start date changed. I had from the beginning of this long drawn out process informed them that I required 2 weeks notice. I was called on May 1nd to be told I would be considered for the June training by the HR representative. I emailed her to thank her for the call and as it had been a bad connection on her line, I asked in the email for a point of clarification to make sure she had indeed said they had a June training scheduled. Almost 3 weeks later and my email was not answered. Perhaps that is just a blow off line they give people or maybe she has been on a 3 week vacation. In any event, if they are holding monthly training sessions it means that the retention rate must be dismal. I have been offered a position where no one looked miserable and feel like a dodged a bullet with HGV. The reviews from customers alone should have made me avoid them altogether.

Interview Questions

• Our conversion rate is extremely low (15%) how would you deal with constant rejection?   2 Answers
    • Friendliness is not necessary, We need sales pros that our potential timeshareholders can respect.   1 Answer

Jun 7, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review as we value all candidate feedback. We are disappointed to hear that your interview experience was not consistent with our typical process. We would... More