Hireology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1:1 Phone Screen, 2:1 Technical Interview, 1:1 with Engineering Director

Mostly looking at culture fit and general development process. The third video call with the Director was more about general knowledge and typical personality questions. I think this was mostly to see how well you would do on the engineering team. Overall it was a great experience and they were prompt to respond at every stage.

Interview Questions

• What 3 words would past coworkers/managers use to describe you.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

I completed a personality assessment immediately after submitting my application and was scheduled for a phone screen with an internal recruiter within a few days. This quickly proceeded to an in-person interview (scheduled less than a week after the phone screen) which was with three members of the team back-to-back (a VP, a manager, and what would have been a coworker), and I felt it went rather well in terms of both a skill and culture fit. Then, nothing. Despite assurance I would hear within a week about next steps, I still have yet to receive any word from Hireology. I've tried polite emails and phone calls, most of which they replied to saying they would have an answer for me soon (and feedback to boot!), but after 2 months of waiting I've deemed it a lost cause. Guys, here's a tip: if you're in the business of streamlining the hiring process for others, get a handle on your own process first! You're a small company; it's not that hard to write candidates an email saying you're going with someone else or something is taking longer than expected. This is behavior I would expect from a company of 70,000, not 150.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background and what it would bring to this role at Hireology.   Answer Question
    • Explain a project you took charge of that dealt with unclear information. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Jun 11, 2018 – Director of Talent

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience. I agree, it is concerning that you haven't heard definitive feedback, and no matter what size company we are, we owe you the... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hireology.

Interview

Once you apply, they immediately send you a link for additional questions to see if you fit what they are looking for. I got an interview request in a matter of days and had a very general conversation with the talent director. The interview went pretty well and I was told, they would email me with a decision to either come in for another interview or with a decision saying they had chosen other candidates.

I sent the person I interviewed with a followup email and additional questions about the role, right away. Never got either email, which is weird for a company that prides themselves in making the hiring process easier.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a standard phone interview and they asked me to come in to talk in person. They asked me typical questions then had me shadow someone on the job. Ironically enough, I set an appointment with a client the representative had told me he was trying to get in contact with for months yet still didn't get the job. Or any feedback. I would think for a company that prides themselves on interviewing they would be a little more respectful of everyone's time, including my own.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest weakness in high school? Would you change anything about high school? (seems a little irrelevant considering I'm three years post college)   Answer Question

May 11, 2015 – CEO

First of all, thank you for applying for our Sales Development Manager role. We're always honored when great candidates give us their consideration.

I'm sorry if we failed to provide adequate... More

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hireology.

Interview

I read their blog posts for a general idea of how it would work. The first phone interview followed their posts to a T: they "scored" the interview, asked where I saw myself in 10 years, etc.

But that's when it stopped. Their company blog posts talk about Hireology's easy-to-use "rejection feature," that lets candidates know they've been eliminated from consideration. The blog also talks about how important it is to keep in contact with candidates, making sure to quickly respond to any emails they might send.

I never got a rejection notification, which is normal for other companies, but not for one that specializes in the hiring process. Further, none of my attempts at follow-up communication were responded to.

It's disappointing to see a start-up that doesn't have their entire company behind a solidified mission.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL) in September 2018.

Interview

My interview experience was very organized, swift, and holistic. During my process, I had to navigate through my lack of experience in SaaS, but find a parallel in pay/title to the prior industry I worked in. What was great to experience in my interview process with Hireology is that they evaluated me for the role primarily on who I was as an individual and how effectively I could fit into their culture or help them accomplish their goals as a quickly growing company.

Since I had some experience interviewing in my prior job, I was very attentive to see if Hireology/Management "practiced what they preached". By listening to and reading about Adam talk about how important the people side of the business is crucial to your future stability/performance...that was backed up in the way the interviews were conducted, how managers evaluated my interviews, etc. Based on my experiences with some other companies...that stood out.

To tie things up, the entire interview process took about 2-3 weeks. Rachel did a phenomenal job coordinating the process and keeping in touch where there were some gaps of communication...which was a great touch. They have a calculated approach, they know what they are looking for, AND...they use their own software to hire (that's good right?).

Excited to grow here and craft out my path in the SaaS industry.

Interview Questions

• When it comes to Sales, what's one thing you think you're best at?   1 Answer

Nov 7, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback, we're glad you had a great experience and cannot wait to see your career grow at Hireology.
    Rachel Wilhelm
    Manager of Talent Acquisition

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a great phone interview and was invited into the office. There, I interviewed with two people and I felt it was one of the best interviews I ever gave. Plus, I have tons of relevant HR sales experience.

Then, nothing. They comments about them ghosting you are absolutely true. A week went by with no contact, so I sent a short professional email. 5 minutes later I get an automated rejection reply. Weird how a company called Hireology is so bad at hiring people.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome and objection to make the sale.   Answer Question

Oct 25, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback, it sounds like there are a few areas in which we could improve. We're excited to announce that we've already taken steps to improve in the areas you mentioned, including... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL) in June 2018.

Interview

HR found my resume online and called me about a position with them, at that time we scheduled a phone interview for later in the week. Basic process, nothing too hard or out of the norm. Went over background and skills, after this HR said I was a better fit for a different position and would I mind interviewing for this role with a different person.

After this we scheduled the next interview with a Manager, same type of interview (background and skills).

Interview Questions

Hireology Response

Sep 18, 2018 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, let us know if there's anything we can improve upon. We're always Eager to Improve our candidate experience.

Best of luck in your job search and next career move... More

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hireology in October 2017.

Interview

After applying, I received an email from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. The interview was a standard phone screen, with typical questions regarding prior work experience; nothing outside the norm. I was told I would hear back the following week. Now, 7 weeks after the interview, I finally received a template email informing me that I was not selected for the position. As a company that sells hiring technology and being one of the best in the industry, I was shocked to receive that poor of a response time.

Interview Questions

Hireology Response

Dec 18, 2017 – CEO

Hi - I apologize for your poor experience speaking with us. You're right, that's pretty bad. We've discussed your specific feedback and will work to ensure this feedback lag never happens again... More

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hireology (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied and heard back within a week. First round was with the recruiter, followed by a call with a sales manager. Then two, 30 minute interviews at the office. Everyone was extremely genuine and transparent throughout the process. It was a great experience.