Holiday Inn Club Vacations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Holiday Inn Club Vacations Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.2

Courtesy Guard Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations.

Interview

Smooth and fast, the staff is accommodating but not friendly enough. The manager is knowledgeable about the job and explain it to me in a professional way. Bring your smile and confidence believe me it helps!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Galveston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was really nice. The interview lasted almost 2 hours. I took a personality test which was called a talent assessment before going into the interview. It seemed like the interview was an extension of the personality test and it was not that personal as the interviewers was reading questions off a piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• You have a farmer and you have a business office type person come in, do you treat them the same way?   2 Answers

Regional Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Up until I was flown into Orlando for a final interview everything was right on track; recruiter interviews, panel interview with VPs, going great and was told so, hence going to Orlando for the Regional Director in Myrtle Beach SC. A VP who I found out after has a terrible reputation, came in and was extremely rude and unprofessional. Stated things like "your not being truthful with answers", you all come in and just put on a show", lets pretend its 91 days now and maybe you will be honest". I thought to myself, he was not in for the start of the interview, didn't hear anything. I was taken back by this, and is allowed to represent the company this way. I was told after, this is how he talks to people, and no one does anything about it. A VP who facilitated the interview, and a conference in of another 2 individuals by video, was going great until he came in. I have never been involved in an interview where someone will be so unprofessional. I decided before I left Orlando this is not the company to work for. I was told after of horror stories working at HICV, and having to put up with being berated and there would be no job security whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Name a celebrity that mirrors yourself? CRAZY QUESTION!!

No good questions of substance. Very poor leadership!
      Answer Question

CFPB Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn about this position. I responded back and said I was interested, applied online and emailed my resume. We conducted a phone screen and the recruiter said "thank you for responding so quickly to everything and being prompt". To which I responded "of course, one of my pet peeves is people who don't answer emails or follow up". Which, she answered "yeah me too, I always follow up and try to get back with people". Well, Ms. Recruiter you failed, miserably. She said after we were done that she would follow up with me the following week. Nothing. The week after, I sent her an email to follow up. Nothing. The week after that, I called and left a voicemail with her. Nothing. Then today I get a notification that they made an internal company decision not to hire for the position. Almost a month and a half later. Awful follow up experience which is surprising since Holiday Inn is a part of the hospitality industry. This left a bad impression. I definitely would recommend looking at the other more prominent companies in this industry after this experience.

Field Promotions Representative (Reality: Sales ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was a 20 min screening to make sure I looked "presentable". Not much of an interview, rather a sales pitch for the position.

It's essentially an outdoor sales position. They set up a booth at local events, sports games, and trade show, where you pitch vacation opportunities to attendants and sell them relatively cheap weekend stays at a location (where other sales reps give tours and try to sell them on timeshares. They pay on commission using a $10/hour threshold you need to beat. Commission is about 80%. The pay every week.

Like i said, it was more of a sales pitch rather than in interview. He spent most of the time playing up the position and compensation.

"Some reps have earned over $150,000 a year." Thats a laugh.

I've worked in sales for companies who promise similar things. I'm not saying its impossible, just not what the average sales rep makes. I would guess you might make over $25,000 a year if you try a moderate amount. If you thrive in sales, probably over $35,000.

I saw right through his energy and optimism. Typical sales manager talk.

Other Highlights:

> 5 days of sales training
    > 36 hours a week (probably so they don't have to pay full time benefits)
    > Working every weekend.

They advertise that you will be working at professional sporting events (They couldn't stop talking about being at the Buck's games). But you will have to prove yourself at mall kiosks first. (they wanted me to drive 50+ min for the mall kiosk portion)

I was offered a second interview, but declined. Not the kind of work enviroment I want to work in after getting my degree.

Interview Questions

• They only asked what experience I have in sales.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

The process at first was normal. However , they called me the second time and made me wait and hour to just ask my schedule. Never called back , even after they promised even I wasn't hired .

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Kissimmee, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Did a video interview through the Holiday Inn website where you would read a question and have a certain amount of time to record the answer (no live person on the other side/asking questions). Completed a homework assignment related to marketing. Then I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Met with 5 people and aside from the recruiters scheduling the interview, this was the first time I spoke with anyone. The job description was nothing like the position they were interviewing for, which was frustrating since this was the first time learning about the position and it was in front of the hiring manager. I received an email later on saying they were unable to fill the position but then saw the posting back up a few weeks after.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Galveston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with Sales Director of the Resort. One on One. He asked me about my previous sales positions. He hired me next day.
    I started my first day of 2 week training class within a week.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (Kissimmee, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

There were (2) two separate interview in one day. The interview lasted for approx 45 minutes each session. The interview went well. Sounds like a great place to work and grow your skill sets within the organization.

Interview Questions

• What are some business risks (Challenging)? Tell me your weakness and strengths? Tell me your accomplishments? Are you a team player?   1 Answer

Field Promotions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring process involved speaking with primary HR recruiter. Main office is located off of US-281 and Bitters Rd. Interview process included a 30-45 minute conversation with the recruiter, however the new protocol requires new hires to be interviewed by the Director of Marketing.