Holiday Inn Express Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.0

Guest Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Texarkana, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Texarkana, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

I was asked basic questions, interview was actually the easiest one I've ever done. I was interviewed by the cemetery manager, she told me a little bit about the company and asked when I could start. Received offer letter via email about an hour later.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Niles, MI).

Interview

Basic interview but very friendly. They want to know who you are so don't be nervous. Holiday inn express is about comfort so show them that you're a person that is reliable, good with people and not afraid of hard work.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express in March 2017.

Interview

Went in, filled out an application and got a call back later that night to come in for an interview the next day. Interviewer was extremely kind and understanding. She asked me to elaborate on my work history and relevant experience. Interview was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the short tenure at my previous job.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Palm Bay, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got a call to come in for an interview. Sat down with the Front Office Manager in the breakfast/lobby area. She had a few questions, just confirming what was on my resume. I thought everything went well, she said the Hotel Manager would give me a call for another interview. Didn't get a call back.

Interview Questions

• How would I mange a client that smoked in a non-smoking room?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was simple. They told me it was going be a job but when i started it was such a mess. Employees were hard to deal with and owner was crazy.

Breakfast Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express.

Interview

Relaxed, they needed me more than I needed them. Asked about experience and told me it was laid back. Said it's important to follow IHG standards and food safety rules. Very easy, very friendly. Make the job seem a little easier and a lot more important than they treated it later in my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your face to face customer service experience, how do you react to rude customers? Can you start tomorrow? Will hours be a problem?   Answer Question

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Sit down 1 on 1 and talked about ask me a couple of questions such as Tell me why you want to work here and what will you do in a certain situation

Executive Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Dundee, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I met for roughly 30 minutes with the Sales Manager/Acting GM. Immediately after the interview he set up a second interview with another Manager and also had me fill out the paperwork for a background check. I had the 2nd interview 2 days later. That interview was just over an hour with the Operations Manager/Acting GM. Both interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to.

I received an offer for the job, but had to turn it down as it was a severe pay cut. I went off of what Indeed.com had listed as the starting pay ($35k), but when I asked in the interview they were not sure of the starting wage because they had to recalculate some things. I received the offer call less than 3 hours after the 2nd interview, at that time he stated the starting wage was $28k with a "potential" for $7500 in annual bonuses....I couldn't take that huge of a cut with only 'a potential'.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate staff to reach their room time allotments?   1 Answer

Front Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Columbia, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Very easy hired on the spot. No background questions asked no drug screen required. Lots of promises with no intentions. Most of the staff is unhappy and want to leave. Turn over is unbelievable. Allows men to intimidate women including the GM/Owners Wife.

Interview Questions

• When can you start? What is your availability?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Holiday Inn Express (Logansport, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by Assistant General Manager who was a recent new hire himself. Who then recommended a second interview with General Manager who hired me on spot pending background check.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to commit long-term due to a high ratio of resignations or termination.   Answer Question