Hollister Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hollister Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Hollister Co.

1,834 Interview Reviews

1.9

Brand Representative Interview

Interview

Easy, they asked standard behavioral questions in the break room. They hire almost all year long and are always looking for people. Pretty average for a retail job interview

Model Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

A retail chain with a California feel, Hollister Co. uses the interview process to evaluate for candidate personality. The major fashion company looks for social, welcoming, and laid back applicants. Management generally keeps the interview process streamlined, as most applicants participate in a single interview. Hiring personnel often approach and select applicants to interview in-store at time of receiving employment forms.

Interview Questions

Interview

You apply online and call the store to schedule an interview date. They will let you know which date you can come in for the interview. There is no dress code, you can dress quite casually.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer who came in to look for a pair of jeans?   Answer Question

Sales Associate (Model) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (San Jose, CA).

Interview

This was my first job ever. The interview process was very easy. I sat with one of the managers while she asked me some basic questions about myself and why I wanted to work there. They do make you wear and buy the clothes with a very small discount.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

One day as I was shopping at Hollister, one of the managers asked me to apply. And so, shortly after applying online, I received a notification of an interview sent via email. Applicants select an interview time on the Hollister website and in-person interviews are conducted at the store location with one of the managers. Arrive 5-10 minutes to check-in.

My interview was conducted as a group with one manager and two other interviewees in an open location in the mall. Notification of a job offer was sent via email. After accepting the offer online there was no communication whatsoever from Hollister or from one of its managers in regards to next steps.

In retrospect, this made sense because the store location did not attempt to contact me at all aside from its auto-generated emails and Hollister job portal. I took another offer and am disappointed in their lack of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise/sell a clothing item to someone of the opposite sex?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (New York, NY) in August 2020.

Interview

Very efficient and friendly, the manager was very nice. It was a group interview with 3 other people, 4 including me, and the manager gave us about 4-5 questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• What do you think stands out about Hollister?   1 Answer

Impact Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

I went through a group interview with about 6 other people.

We all only spoke about 2 mins briefly answering questions turn after turn.

Heard back within one week and accepted the offer to work part time.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Miami, FL) in July 2020.

Interview

i found it to be exciting and easy. i was able to learn about the company while also competing for a spot. remain humble and true. try not overdo it, meaning don't try to impress them too much. bragging isn't the way to go.

Interview Questions

• working for retail can be stressful, how do you cope with stress and pressure?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hollister Co. (Braintree, MA) in July 2020.

Interview

It was very casual and easy going. Since corona happened, it was not a group interview. The manager took me outside the store and asked me a couple questions and explained what the job would require.

Impact Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hollister Co..

Interview

Pretty simple group interview, about 6-8 people one manager asking questions all you have to do is make yourself stand out. Try standing up when it’s time to introduce yourself most don’t do that. It’ll def make you stand out.