Hormel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 11, 2017

2.8

Associate Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN).

Interview

Met with 5 IE members of Hormel Foods in Austin, MN headquarters. All 30-45 minute interviews. Everyone was easy to talk to and interview also included a tour of the production facility.

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter on their online website. Was contacted right away, HR set up a phone interview and then a second round interview at their headquarters in MN.

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hormel (Beloit, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

It was quick and simple they just ask about previous job experience why u would be a good hire and are u willing to work long hrs or fill in last minute if u can this is a job u should consider

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I gleaned an incredible amount of valuable information from the other reviews on Glassdoor; it is only fair that I provide my own experience.

I applied for the Associate Production Supervisor position online after I spoke with Hormel at a career fair. They were very pleasant, and I learned a great deal about the roles at Hormel; I was not offered an on-campus interview at this time. About a month later, I gave my resume to a friend who works for Hormel; the very next day I received an email requesting that I fill out a more in-depth "employment application" (Due to the timing of this, I'm not certain my friend had the time to send my resume to an HR Rep. Regardless, it helps to have connections when getting that first interview.) A week from completing the "employment application", I was offered my first telephone interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly and excited to speak with me. (If you all have had as many interviews as me, then you understand how nice and welcoming it feels for the interviewer to be excited to speak with you.) I will post her questions below. 10 days after my phone interview, I was invited to interview at their corporate headquarters in Austin, MN, all expenses paid.

I can't stress this enough; Hormel really does have great people. My interview was at 7:15 am and the Hormel security guard walked out of his booth to greet me by name as I drove in. That day, I received a plant tour and interviewed with 4 people of varying positions within the company; they were all very friendly and welcoming. Again, I will post their questions below. Two weeks to the day from my on-site interview, I was given an offer. They are very upfront about working 10 hour days, night shifts, and 15 out of 52 weekends.

*If you are going to be successful, then you truly need to be interested in Hormel. Express your excitement for the company and make it a conversation about the company as well as the interviewer's role within the Company. Don't just sit and wait to be asked a question about yourself; ask about them and their contribution to Hormel!

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you added value to a team?
      Give me a time when you had to convince team members of an opposing viewpoint?
      Why food production?
      Why Hormel?
      Tell me about your military experience.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Campus onsite interview. First, she gave mandatory questions like if you are authorized to work in US and need any sponsorship in the future. And then she went to behavioral questions.

Associate Quality and Process Control Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to their booth at the career fair and after applying online I got an email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was offered to fly out to headquarters for more interviews and a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you added value either at work or within a group project   Answer Question

Quality and Process Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hormel (Gainesville, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was quickly offered an interview after talking with a recruiter at my school's career fair. She was very nice, and I went to interview the next day. The questions, as with most, were predominantly behavioral, and not too far off from what I expected. STAR questions

Industrial Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hormel (Iowa City, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiters at a university career fair. At the fair, I was asked basic questions about my resume and what my favorite Hormel product is. I was scheduled for an on-campus interview the next day where I was asked basic questions.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Applied and took 4 weeks for phone interview day, probably 2 weeks in between that when they requested phone interview. Typical behavioral questions. Asked same day in email for formal interview. That formal interview happened 3 weeks after that. They like to take their time in spacing out interviews. The formal interview required driving around to 3 separate locations and they aren't in order of how close they are from each other, so make sure to just drive around the day before the interview so you don't feel crunched for time. Very professional, very prepared company.

Interview Questions

• are you comfortable with handing out payroll to other employees?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hormel in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out the online application, had HR phone interview, to go over basic questions about myself and career, resume. Next step was a phone interview with Sr management team, and final step was face to face interview with management team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Most questions were behavioral and also asked why you wanted the job.   1 Answer