Hormel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hormel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2018

2.8

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hormel in January 2018.

Interview

The interviewing process is ran around the STAR method. Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Used for action based question. Used to judge how different situations are handled and then resoolved.

Foodservice Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in January 2018.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    2. In person Interview in Minnesota.
    Overall the process was very disorganized, I received several different interview times in separate emails. One of the interviewers was extremely rude and not professional.

Associate Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN).

Interview

Met with 5 IE members of Hormel Foods in Austin, MN headquarters. All 30-45 minute interviews. Everyone was easy to talk to and interview also included a tour of the production facility.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a set of 3 interviews with very nice people. I felt very comfortable and the questions/conversation was situational based. The process was very planned out and ran smoothly.

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter on their online website. Was contacted right away, HR set up a phone interview and then a second round interview at their headquarters in MN.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Iowa City, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very friendly, down to earth people. Interviewee was very honest about process, and did a good job not asking obscure questions. Good company and would be a blast to work for!

Statistical and Process Control Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I talked to Hormel at a career fair at my campus and then had a phone interview with a recruiter a couple of days later. I then was offered to fly to Austin, MN and interviewed onsite.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something went wrong and what did you do?   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beloit, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hormel (Beloit, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

It was quick and simple they just ask about previous job experience why u would be a good hire and are u willing to work long hrs or fill in last minute if u can this is a job u should consider

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I gleaned an incredible amount of valuable information from the other reviews on Glassdoor; it is only fair that I provide my own experience.

I applied for the Associate Production Supervisor position online after I spoke with Hormel at a career fair. They were very pleasant, and I learned a great deal about the roles at Hormel; I was not offered an on-campus interview at this time. About a month later, I gave my resume to a friend who works for Hormel; the very next day I received an email requesting that I fill out a more in-depth "employment application" (Due to the timing of this, I'm not certain my friend had the time to send my resume to an HR Rep. Regardless, it helps to have connections when getting that first interview.) A week from completing the "employment application", I was offered my first telephone interview. The interviewer was extremely friendly and excited to speak with me. (If you all have had as many interviews as me, then you understand how nice and welcoming it feels for the interviewer to be excited to speak with you.) I will post her questions below. 10 days after my phone interview, I was invited to interview at their corporate headquarters in Austin, MN, all expenses paid.

I can't stress this enough; Hormel really does have great people. My interview was at 7:15 am and the Hormel security guard walked out of his booth to greet me by name as I drove in. That day, I received a plant tour and interviewed with 4 people of varying positions within the company; they were all very friendly and welcoming. Again, I will post their questions below. Two weeks to the day from my on-site interview, I was given an offer. They are very upfront about working 10 hour days, night shifts, and 15 out of 52 weekends.

*If you are going to be successful, then you truly need to be interested in Hormel. Express your excitement for the company and make it a conversation about the company as well as the interviewer's role within the Company. Don't just sit and wait to be asked a question about yourself; ask about them and their contribution to Hormel!

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you added value to a team?
      Give me a time when you had to convince team members of an opposing viewpoint?
      Why food production?
      Why Hormel?
      Tell me about your military experience.
      Walk me through your resume.
      What questions do you have for me?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Campus onsite interview. First, she gave mandatory questions like if you are authorized to work in US and need any sponsorship in the future. And then she went to behavioral questions.