Hormel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hormel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.8

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Campus onsite interview. First, she gave mandatory questions like if you are authorized to work in US and need any sponsorship in the future. And then she went to behavioral questions.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Applied and took 4 weeks for phone interview day, probably 2 weeks in between that when they requested phone interview. Typical behavioral questions. Asked same day in email for formal interview. That formal interview happened 3 weeks after that. They like to take their time in spacing out interviews. The formal interview required driving around to 3 separate locations and they aren't in order of how close they are from each other, so make sure to just drive around the day before the interview so you don't feel crunched for time. Very professional, very prepared company.

Interview Questions

• are you comfortable with handing out payroll to other employees?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

I interviewed at my school after a career fair. The questions were mostly behavioral and situational questions. The questions weren't too hard just basic interview questions. There was no role play or anything in the first interview and it only lasted about 30 minutes.

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hormel.

Interview

Initial phone interview was quick and took about 10 minutes. Asked if I can tolerate cold temperatures and If I had a problem with hogs being slaughtered. They also wanted to know if I was a felon.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hormel in October 2016.

Interview

I met a representative at a college career fair and was interviewed the next day. He was super easy to talk to and the interview was a smooth process. Relatively easy questions to answer.

Interview Questions

• Name a leadership position you've been in and responsibilities that position held.   Answer Question
    • What is an example of a time where you had to persuade someone to do something?   Answer Question

Foodservice Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hormel (Austin, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: quick 30 minutes conversation with a recruiter. They'll follow up on what's on your resume and ask a few situational/behavioral questions on how you've shown leadership, initative, a time you've been persuasive, what you know about Hormel Foods and etc. You'll receive an email within a week on whether they'd like to continue with the next stage of the interviewing process at headquaters.
    2. Interview at Headquarters: Interviewed by 4 or 5 members, individually. Their roles varied from VP of Marketing to National Director of Accounts, and all had different personalities. Just be yourself and be confident in the skills you have to present. They really just want to know type of person you are and if you will fit in the Hormel company culture. Be genuine and honest. You'll also be asked situational/behavioral questions here on leadership, intiative, etc and asked why they should hire you.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hormel/food service?
      Why Sales?
      Describe a time that you were persuasive and what as the outcome?
      Tell me about a time you've initiated something?
      What is your approach to leadership?
      Give an example of when you had to deal with an unexpected change.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hormel (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at school after career fair. It was a one on one interview and he asked a bunch of behavioral questions, so be ready for that. Guy was very nice and easy to talk to. Interview process took about a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hormel in September 2016.

Interview

First round interview on campus after meeting rep in career fair. I got phone call by corporate HR recruiter 2 weeks later. Two weeks after that I was flown into their Austin, MN HQ. You interview with a few managers, they all ask very similar questions - mainly behavioural and give us an example of... type questions. You interviewed with one manager at a time, maybe 30 to 45 min each. Get a plant tour. You are taken to lunch by an employee and you have the opportunity to learn more about the company. More interviews after lunch then you wrap up after that.

Extremely relaxed environment. I have gone thru over 50 first/second round interviews and I can say this was the most relaxed set of interviews I ever had.

The people were 10/10 in terms of personality and there are a ton of career growth opportunities. Great benefits as well.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hormel in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was a Phone interview. The interviewer was very supportive and easy to talk to. The interview lasted about 25 minutes asking fairly basic behavioral questions. The questions were all revolving around how past experiences would make you a good fit and able to do well at Hormel. Interviewer answered questions very well and gave good understanding of how working at Hormel is.

Associate Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hormel in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the career website. It took approximately 1 week for the recruiter to review my application and offered me a phone interview. The interview was mostly about behavior questions and some other questions that required for this position. The behavior questions was about leadership experience. The recruiter who interviewed me was very nice. She sent a pdf file that help preparing for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you took a leadership position for a project?   Answer Question