Hotjar Python Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Python Developer

Create your profile to get personalized information

Hotjar Python Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Hotjar

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hotjar in September 2018.

Interview

A very good thought out interview. I completed the form on their site and after a week or so I was contacted to make video of myself answering 4 questions.

Interview Questions

Hotjar Response

Nov 1, 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the feedback on our process. Best of luck in your search.

Other Interview Reviews for Hotjar

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wrocław (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar (Wrocław (Poland)) in November 2017.

Interview

The process is quite non-standard and fun. It's really cool because one gets a chance to collaborate with the hotjarians, so she can see how the communication in the company works. Another thing is: most of the companies require you to do some coding exercises, but that's the first time I had to do a demo of the code I've written.
    The downside is the length of the process - it can take even 2 months to finish all the stages.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a user session recording feature, both front-end, and back-end?   Answer Question

Jan 4, 2018 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the candid feedback of both the upside and downside. We're continuously trying to tweak our process to optimize it for both the candidate and for Hotjar. Info like this is very helpful.... More

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar in September 2017.

Interview

Hotjar has a unique and well thought out multi-stage process including an initial application process online, followed by answering questions by making a video, then followed by a full interview (online), then a 3-day task (for which you are compensated) and then finally a task review presentation.

The process is not short, but it ensures that you get to know the company well and the company gets to know you. It is a breath of fresh air compared to hiring practices that you might be used to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent event where you made a mistake or something went wrong and how you reacted and learnt from the event   Answer Question

Nov 30, 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the feedback. We're excited to have you onboard. Welcome to the team!

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar in August 2017.

Interview

It was quite a long process: initial application, video answering questions, interview, big coding task and review of that task. However it really gave me a good chance to meet how Hotjar works from the inside and make sure both that I was a good fit for them, and them a good fit for me. It works both ways.

Interview Questions

• The test was really cool to do and prepare. Felt a bit like a real project where you could play around a bit.   Answer Question

Nov 13, 2017 – VP of Operations

Thanks for the feedback about our process. Very much appreciated. Welcome aboard!

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Hotjar in March 2017.

Interview

After discussing salary range and benefits, I decited to proceed. They sent me an email saying "Please send us a video answering these 5 questions", which was a very cool way of knowing the applicant. A minute later, I got another email saying "You didn’t make it to the next round". It was unprofessional.

I recorded the video anyway, since noone replied my emails about the confusion. After 3 weeks of silence, I got "haven't made it to the next round" email. It was an horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any minimum salary requirements we should be aware of?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose to do anything on any given Monday morning what would that be?   Answer Question
    • What excites you about this position?   Answer Question
    • What does culture mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What have you learnt in the last year? What makes you different – why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Python Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hotjar in December 2016.

Interview

tl;dr Hotjar HR forgets about interview and do not respond to emails for weeks

The whole interview was a disaster. Before sending CV there is a huge form with a recruitment task and many, many question which can take long time to write - but this is not the problem. After applying there was few weeks of silence, then one rather short message about being accepted and next few weeks of silence (despite asking about progress through email and Facebook) they just send "sorry we forgot about you" and In the end they responded with nothing more than "sorry, but we do not want you" and asking about feedback from rather long form and recruitment task was not responded.
    I assume that this is they way of checking if you really want to work there - if you are patient enough to wait weeks for ANY message from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement (simple version of) Hotjar Recordins?   Answer Question

Feb 16, 2017 – Recruitment Co-ordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, and my apologies for the negative experience you had in going through our recruitment process.

We aim to have a quick response time for all... More