Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 188 of over 188 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

The interview process was fair. I would also say that the interview process was honest with questions and process. Everyone was nice and welcoming in office during the interview process when i had an interview with them

Interview Questions
  • How you stay relevant in the industry
    Answer Question

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Holistic and qualitative interview. A strong focus on technical skills and team scenarios. Also, a team interview approach is used with several two on one interviews scheduled for each candidate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Only Behavioral Questions in the First Round Walk me through your resume Why Houston? Why Energy? Very specific to what you did in your resume. Tell me something interesting that is happening in the energy space

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something interesting that is happening in the energy space

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

I had a Super day. There were 4 hour long interviews back to back with a ten minute break in between. Each interview lasted the whole hour. One guy was really hard to read but they are generally really nice.

Interview Questions
  • Q: What is your greatest weakness

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Phone call diving into your background and then drilled on technical questions. Next was 1:1 zoom, then super day with 3 back to backs. Aside from the first phone call, no technicals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing, Beijing

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Beijing, Beijing, Beijing) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interviewee is professional. The process is going well in around 40 mins. Go through the resume first, and then some technical questions as well as behavioral questions. I was also told their business and team structures in China.

Interview Questions
  • Common Multiples used. Comparison between these multiples. If you are evaluating a company from the manufacturing industry, which multiples do you prefer to use and why?

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Was tasked with preparing a research presentation identifying hypothetical acquisition candidates. I was given a week to complete this and was presented to a panel consisting of members of the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

During the first round, I had mostly fit questions and talking about interest in the firm. Later on, there was a technical hardcopy test to be completed in a certain amount of time.

Interview Questions
  • Let's say you mis-typed in the tax rate into a DCF model. What components of the DCF are affected by this?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Dallas, TX) in Nov 2020

Interview

It was a zoom interview due to Covid. I interviewed with 2 of the office managers and one of them did not say a word. The other office manager, while friendly, did all of the talking and really left me no room to interject. You can always tell when people are inexperienced at interviewing by that alone. The person who did not speak was the office manager for the office I would have been in and her attitude did not make me feel like the work environment there was very positive.

Interview Questions
  • What is one piece of feedback you've been given by previous mangers?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

2 rounds and a superday, generally basic technicals, fit was an important consideration. First round was very casual with an analyst, second round was with an associate and slightly more technical. Superday was with 4 employees in the department and was mostly behavioral and fit-based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 188 Interviews