Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.4

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

I had two calls both of which were behavioral interviews with one technical question. They wanted to get to know me better and wanted to see what my long-term goal was.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume. How do you value two companies have the exact same P/L statement?   1 Answer

Dispute Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center. Met with MD and we talked about my interest and why disputes. MD was super nice, making the interview less nerve wrecking. The interview was basically trying to get to know me more.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Evanston, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

First round interview for the Restructuring group in New York. Applied for the interview through the on campus process. The interview was mostly focused on my knowledge about restructuring, debt tranches and the dynamics of a restructuring process .

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Two 30mins phone interviews with two different analysts at Houlihan. Mostly fit questions, such as "Tell Me About Yourself" and “Why Houlihan." I spent the most time asking questions about their work experience and how they feel about Houlihan. They are very nice and patiently answered all my questions. After that, I was brought into the firm for Superday.

Financial Restructuring Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

Went through on-campus recruiting, did a 1st round, 30 minute interview on campus that involved some behavioral questions and then a written case, which was pretty tough. The interview went pretty well, I got invited to Dallas for a Super Day which was relaxed but a little unorganized. I did not get end up getting the offer, but it was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• What multiple would you use to evaluate these two companies and why? What would you suggest they do with their debt/equity ratio?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Went through the on campus recruiting process, very chill laidback interview with several technicals. It was for restructuring so understanding what they do is critical and why you want to be part of their team is also important. We discussed my academic background and also had time for questions thereafter.

Investment Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in November 2016.

Interview

I applied the position online and then I started to networking on the specified location. I got my first interview a week later then moved on to Super day, which I thought it was such a good experience. For the super day, they ask questions that are based on your resume and previous internships if you had.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself" and common interview questions for first round   Answer Question

Associate, Restructuring Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting; Applied through university in September 2016 and got an interview call for early October 2016. I reckon I didnt progress because no one got back to me, even after following up with HR and the person who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• 1. How would you value a company?
      2. Which method would produce the highest valuation?
      3. Impact of $10 increase in D&A on the 3 financial statements?
      4. Why HL?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is very laid back. I got it from school. And it is a company VP. He is very focus on technical questions instead of behavior. A lot of valuation method and how to company company public and private. Prepare a lot of evaluation method and be prepared to explain it in detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was through my university. After attending an information session held by the company, I reached out to a member present at the session for an informational interview. The informational interview went well and led to a first round phone interview. It is important to note that the interview process is not as formalized as one would think and is highly dependent on whether the analyst/associate begins with a good impression of you.

Interview Questions

• Why Houlihan? How do you get from revenue to free cash flows? What happens when your discount rate is the same as your growth rate?   Answer Question