Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions

Interviews at Houlihan Lokey

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

applied through university career website and was given one day to accept a phone interview

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

Submitted online application and received general email about setting up phone interview with member of team the following week. Phone interview lasted the scheduled 30 minutes. The interviewer asked only technical questions, like your typical walk me through a DCF. He was candid and helped me get to the answers for questions I didn't immediately know the answer to. Then HL went silent and emails unanswered. I did not expect to move to the next round, but I also would have liked to hear something. Now, I have a bad taste in my mouth for HL and find it rude to not be given any feedback, like a straight up no!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF. How do you get to EBIT? Why can't you use EV/EPS as a valuation metric?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

- approx. 5 hours / 9-10 people / 30 min each
    - written test
    - xls modeling exercise of BS, IS and CF statements
    - interview questions ranging from background, walk through resume to current state of economy, interest rates, FX movements, etc.

Interview Questions

• Relative value of EUR to USD - what drives relative exchange rates   1 Answer

other opportunities / life-style

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (West Los Angeles, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Interviewer asked how to value a company and drilled in on DCF assumptions and weaknesses. Asked which stocks I was following ad if a friend wanted me to invest his $100,000 for him what I would do with it. Then asked me to run through the financial statements and talk about how they are linked together. Asked what the most important financial statement to gauge the health of a business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

I heard of the job from a business school classmate. Submitted my resume through my friend and heard back 2 days later. I had 2 rounds of interviews. The first round was with 2 people. The 2nd round was with 2/3 people, and there was a technical "case" interview. They called to give me a verbal offer right after the interview. Received the paper offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It is very laid back. I got it from school. And it is a company VP. He is very focus on technical questions instead of behavior. A lot of valuation method and how to company company public and private. Prepare a lot of evaluation method and be prepared to explain it in detail.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was fairly laid back. I had a phone screen where I had a few technical questions. I then had a follow up super day where I spoke mostly with MDs and talked mostly about industry insites and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how your experience impacts your thoughts on a specific industry.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in August 2014.

Interview

I went through my University, which included on-campus events (career fair & Info sessions) and received an interview a week after the last event. It was mainly technical questions that you would get at any investment banking interview with some behavioral. I realized investment banking was not for me and decided not to pursue anything after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the complete valuation process of a manufacturing company (DCF, multiples, and past transactions with very detailed WACC/CAPM computation). Also asked questions off of process like what would lower WACC do to valuation.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey.

Interview

through online recruiting, had 30 minute first round interview. was asked questions regarding resume, why I wanted the position, and a few valuation and ebitda questions. Was pretty casual and recruiter was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is a positive and negative aspect of using DCF valuation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview like most i banking interviews is both behavioral and technical. Although for Houlihan Lokey it was very technical.

Interview Questions

• When should you value a company using a revenue multiple vs. EBITDA?   2 Answers