Cover image for Houlihan Lokey

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Houlihan Lokey Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 240 of over 240 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

3 rounds of interview, everyone goes back into the waiting room and people who failed get called out to go home. Overall experience really really really intense. Also their interview is really hard

Interview Questions
  • Tough RX related stuff, intense
    Answer Question

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

It was fairly standard for investment banking. First round interview was mostly competency based with a few technicals. AC was fairly standard too. Would encourage people to apply most definitely.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Houlihan Lokey

Join the conversation on

Finance

109.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Houlihan Lokey~13172
Join the conversation on

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey in Oct 2022

Interview

30 minute conversation about motivations for applying and some simple technicals (income statement and difference between debt and equity). Also a walkthrough of your resume. Interview is casual and conversational and over the phone (no camera).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

completed an online application form with basic educational background questions and a CV submitted a short The overall application process was quite smooth and well-organised, some parts required certain financial knowledge

Interview Questions
  • Why Houlihan Lokey What interested you in the market right now
1 person found this interview helpful

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Very fit based with a technical round. Was four rounds total for IB position, three 30 min conversations and one technical interview that was 45 minutes. Just know basic IB concepts and look at M&I guide.

Interview Questions
  • How does an increase in the tax rate impact you Enterprise Value?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Dallas, TX) in Oct 2022

Interview

It was a back to back 30min each interview. First with a first year analyst to go through your resume and then more on the behaviour questions. Then with the director.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (London, England) in Oct 2022

Interview

- CV screening - First round interview: 30min interview - Assessment Centre (didn't make it) The interview was both behavioral and technical. The interviewer would follow a list of questions given by HR.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself Why IB Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult partner Walk me through an M&A deal What are the valuation methods? Walk me through one of them

Houlihan Lokey

Application

I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey

Interview

Good, spoke to team and manager, as well as his boss. Very smooth process overall, and very professional. A very good experience for everyone involved. A a a a a

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (Atlanta, GA) in Aug 2022

Interview

Did the first round with a senior . The questions were routine and regular, nothing too technical. First I answered a few questions about my resume, and then I was asked about DCF and several other valuation methods. The overall experience was quite positive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Houlihan Lokey (New York, NY) in Sep 2022

Interview

Real Estate- REITB Group First round interview behavioral 45 minute. I however only made it this far- even though I am extroverted and did an investment banking internship :( Another technical round Super day- 4 or 5 interviews in one day

Interview Questions
  • What makes you like real estate? What makes you like investment banking? A lot of unique things about your resume
Viewing 1 - 10 of 240 Interviews

Houlihan Lokey Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Houlihan Lokey as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.28 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Investment Banking Analyst and Analyst rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Summer Analyst and Financial Analyst roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Houlihan Lokey takes an average of 21 days when considering 225 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Financial Analyst had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Summer Analyst roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Houlihan Lokey according to 225 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 28.25%