Howe Insurance Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Howe Insurance Services

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Howe Insurance Services (Urbana, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

First you apply on their website, you fill out a form asking for more information.

Next a senior vice president calls you and asks some questions to see if you are a good fit.

Then a mentor calls and does the same except they set up a ride along with them.

Once all that's done and they like what you've said and they think you'll be a good fit for this line of work, it's up to you to if you want the job or not.

If all goes well and you like what you see, sign some papers and get to work! I suggest you go and get your insurance license before the ride along point of it, they're not giving you a free trip to wherever they're flying you for the ride along.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with life insurance sales or insurance sales in general?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howe Insurance Services (Lafayette, IN).

Interview

I was recommended for a position through a friend who had worked in the territory I sales managed with another company. I was required to listen to and then demonstrate I'd understood the Howe sales process. This was not a "quick" process. Other than verifying my sales background and financial stability, there's not much I recall of the interview, vetting process.

Interview Questions

• The interview took place almost eight years ago and I don't remember anything daunting. My previous success in sales and references did most of the talking for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no "negotiating", The Howe's offered the best package available to me at the time.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caldwell, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Howe Insurance Services (Caldwell, OH).

Interview

Very simple. Submit resume and application from website. Should receive a phone call from a managing field agent or office personnel. Can't have any criminal background issues or any recent financial or bankruptcy issues. Not much for training in person or one on one without investing more money. Very pleasant to work with. Everyone was very polite. Quick responses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, only offered 50% commission to start with ability to increase with production

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howe Insurance Services.

Interview

Interview was very comfortable. First was over the phone to find out about myself and my past work experiences. He also explained more about the company and the job opportunity. I could tell that a lot of weight was put on my ability to prove I was a self-starter or self-disciplined. As this is a commission job, he wanted to know that I would be able to succeed without being micro managed (as I am essentially my own boss in a way).

After the phone interview, we scheduled a time for a ride-a-long where I went with an agent for a day of meeting with clients and saw some presentations. I was able to see exactly what the job entailed and see how simple the process was. Helped me realize that I could definitely succeed in this field.

Interview Questions

• Thinking of a scenario to prove that I was a self-starter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Full commission job. No negotiations

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Howe Insurance Services (Columbus, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions. Mostly want to hear why you want to sell final expense. Interview is followed by a ride-along. You will hear how awesome the job is and how much money they are making. Keep in mind the person you are riding along with will be making commission off your sales too. The ride along is mostly to sell you the company. Easy.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Howe Insurance Services (Columbus, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

Was a recommendation from a current employee. Did a ride along. If you liked the ride along experience and passed a credit check and were willing to invest $5,000 they would give you an opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How have you overcome an obstacle in the past?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None