Huntington Learning Centers Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 146 of over 146 interviews

2.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Huntington Learning Centers

Huntington Learning Centers

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers

Interview

The interview was conducted virtually. It was about 10-15 minutes long. Questions were asked about teaching experience and personal life. I was offered a position the next dat and conducted 10 hours of training before starting the position.

Interview Questions
  • What is one strength and one weakness you have?
    3 Answers
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Manhasset, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

Friendly, conversational, informative. I was told my position's duties and what would be expected of me if I'm offered the job. My interviewer was fortunately down-to-earth, which I was grateful for. Most of my interview, specifically, was about the job and the grade-level I would be teaching. I was informed about training, shadowing, "reverse-shadowing" (AKA student-teaching), and pay. My interviewer wanted to know my availability. She also explained the culture of the branch, and her professional history while working there, which I found pleasant. Since I don't have prior teaching experience, and I was applying for the job to gain it, I mentioned my research background and professional industry experience, and made sure to connecting those components of my professional history to what my interviewer was sharing with me regarding my position's responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • Though I wasn't asked that many questions pertaining to my potential as an actual candidate during the interview itself, I was asked certain questions during the phone-screening component two days prior to the interview. The one question that seemed to be quite important, and the one that was asked twice, in two different ways, during my phone-screening session were: "How would you inspire student-engagement if the student is uninterested in learning (the material)?"

Huntington Learning Centers

Application

I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers

Interview

Very thorough, gave me an accurate picture of what to expect. My interview was a mix of in person and Zoom/ calls. Interviewer knew the company very well and was able to answer my questions and provide examples.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked quite a few questions about working with students and my comfort level with the curriculum.

Anonymous Employee in Greens Fork, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Greens Fork, IN)

Interview

This was a very easy interview. Interviewer spoke about curriculum and didn’t ask many questions about my experience. Asked about my flexibility as Students would cancel and then the schedule would change.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience working with children?

Huntington Learning Centers

Application

I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers

Interview

Overall a good experience. Everyone is very friendly, but some questions can be quite challenging. It's good to understand your process/experience. In addition, knowing the tools you use is a major the plus.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Houston, TX) in Mar 2021

Interview

Phone interview . The employer asked a few questions such as describing myself, if I knew about the company and what they do, & what experience I had as well as what was a good schedule to work. He also asked to go to the office to fill out some paperwork. Interview was straightforward and easy.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. What experience do you have? What grades are you proficient in to teach math?

Huntington Learning Centers

Application

I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers

Interview

Scenarios for training and tutoring, tours of the facility, criminal background check, math and language tests, certification course in New Jersey for two weeks. Shadowing peers, learning the scoring sustem.

Interview Questions
  • Leadership experience with large staff

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Arlington Heights, IL) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview was very straightforward. Filled out some preliminary paperwork. Was led to an office with educational coordinator. I was asked many questions about relevant work experience. The interviewer was very personable. The interview took about 40 minutes in total.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Huntington Learning Centers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers

Interview

Submitted an online application. Received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. Conducted the phone interview, then when to the center to complete an SAT, that was graded on the spot. After review of the SAT results, offer was made and training was scheduled.

Interview Questions
  • What are your academic strengths? Weaknesses? Did you take the SAT/ACT? If so, when? Describe your experience as a tutor or educator.

Huntington Learning Centers

Application

I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers

Interview

I submitted an application and was called in for an in person interview. Upon the completion of the in person interview I was hired to start immediately. The interview was standard and consisted of standard questions.

Interview Questions
  • What was my prior teaching experience?
  • What was my availability to work.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 146 Interviews