Huntington Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huntington Learning Centers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

Very relaxed interview. Director just asked me about myself and my availability. I think the fact that I'm a full-time certified teacher helped. If you are a teacher, you have a high likelihood of getting an offer.

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

Applied online through Indeed and interviewed in person one week later. The application process was simple, and the interview was casual and easy. Had previous experience directing a learning center which made the interview quite fun.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience in Education, previous experience with Learning Centers and Learning Center programs.   Answer Question

Assistant Center Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

I applied and was contacted quickly. I was brought in to the office and given a book to read about people who have had positive experiences with Huntington, it seemed manipulative. The interview was conversational yet very direct. I was quickly informed I could be considered for higher up positions. All in all, after a lengthy interview, I was told this was a sales position and that I would be required to do sales, which isn't what I expected applying in an educational capacity.

Interview Questions

• How to overcome an objection for someone who thinks the program was expensive.   1 Answer

SAT/ACT Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Dunwoody, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The overall job offer and hire process took about 5 days. I applied to the job on indeed and was received a phone call that same evening to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was standard and easy, it lasted about 20mins and I was asked about my education, past tutoring/teaching experience and availability. I was told that I will have to complete about 3 - 4 weeks of training and shadow an ACT tutor until I am approved to get on the floor. I was asked to take a practice ACT math on which I will need to score at least a 33 in order to move forward as an ACT tutor with Huntington.

Interview Questions

• What do I most enjoy about tutoring?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

I heard back from Huntington very quickly after applying online. Two days later, I went for a one-on-one interview with one of the managers at the local branch. It was very laid back and I was offered the job and asked to take a practice ACT to see which areas I could help with most effectively. I ultimately declined the offer because I was told the hours would be inconsistent and the pay was not enough to justify sacrificing searching for something more full-time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Puyallup, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Puyallup, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied from craigslist, had a phone interview, interviewed at Starbucks within 2 weeks with two interviewers who were opening up a new center on South Hill, took the ACT or SAT

Interview Questions

• They asked about past experience as a tutor and which subjects I would feel confident tutoring.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

the process short. I was interviewed and hired within ten days. it was a phone and then two follow up interviews. the process short. I was interviewed and hired within ten days. it was a phone and then two follow up interviews

Part-Time Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via an ad on Craigslist. I was called the same day. Had a brief phone interview. Went in for training the next day. The interviewer is the same person doing the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Have you tutored or taught before? What level of math are you comfortable with? Any subject matter expertise?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oradell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Oradell, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

10 minute telephone interview followed by a one hour in person interview. Based on the recruiter's enthusiasm and desire to bring me in for an in person interview, I felt extremely confident that I'd at least get to round 2. Please note, I'd originally applied for a Learning Assistant position but the interviewer apparently felt that I was managing director material. The interview consisted of a series of questions which the interviewer read from a script while she took notes. Not once did I stumble on any question. I have extensive client service managerial experience, am a licensed teacher and I've worked for another major testing center so I was very comfortable answering the questions.

Teacher Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Tomball, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It was great and everyone was very friendly. They were very forthcoming in what they were looking for in a Supervisor. She walked me through the entire process and what I would be doing as a Supervisor and how the hours are going to work.

Interview Questions

• What is important to you when tutoring?   1 Answer