Huntington Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Huntington Learning Centers Interview Questions

Interviews at Huntington Learning Centers

2.2

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

Two Interviews. Thirty minutes long both times. Casual conversation. Interviewer is the owner and was trying to see production right away from something that takes time to build. First interview at Panera Bread. Second at office.

Interview Questions

• Very personal questions like previous salary which isn't usually asked during an interview. Pretty pressing after getting an offer.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

The interviewer never followed through. The interviewer had me scheduled for a 1:00pm video interview. I was on the call and waited 30 minutes hoping the recruiter would hop on eventually. I called and e-mailed to follow up and makes sure all was okay on their side. I did not hear back until three days later. The e-mail stated they had a headquarters training that week and everything got rescheduled for them. With that said, the recruiter did mention I would hear back with our next interview time. I never heard back until the weekend with an email stating they had filled the position. This e-mail was not personalized as compared to the recruiters previous e-mails. Many agree with me that was unprofessional of the recruiter and definitely says a lot about the way the company might do business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Cranberry, PA).

Interview

I applied online. Had a brief phone interview and then interviewed 1:1. I am glad the lady told me the salary upfront. They charge families between $40-$75 but only pay their employees who are licensed and have a degree in education $11 an hour. I walked out after hearing that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Katy, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

I was appalled by the way I was treated as a candidate for a tutoring position. I applied via Indeed with my resume, which says at the very top that I currently work part-time at C2 Education, which is another tutoring center in the area. My hours dropped significantly there, so I was looking for another part-time tutoring gig to fill the gaps. After applying, the first email I got from Huntington in Katy, TX asked me to come in and take an ACT exam so they could make sure I achieved the minimum score requirements to teach. I went in the next day and sat there for almost 3 hours taking this exam. A day or two later I got an email saying I’d met the requirements and would I come in for an interview. So I schedule an interview, and first thing they have me do when I go in is sit in a room and start filling out an official application which is a giant packet. Thirty minutes later, she comes in while I’m filling out the availability page (btw, I put my availability as everyday they’re open except Tuesday), and she was upset that I didn’t have full availability. I told her that if she was sure I’d have students all the extra hours I put aside, I could make myself available. She said there would be no guarantee, but that they were looking for someone with full availability. So, bottom line, they were expecting someone to be fully available but with no guarantee of work at a rate of $17/hr (significantly lower than most tutoring centers pay their teachers. For example, I make $24 at C2). Then, she looked at my resume and seemed surprised that I worked at C2 and asked when I was planning to leave C2. I said I wasn’t; I was planning to work part time at two centers. She said she couldn’t have an employee working for one of their competitors, and when I asked why she invited me to take an exam and interview in the first place since it was on my resume that I worked at C2, she was like “that must have been an oversight on my part, sorry to have wasted your time.” Then, the cherry is that I had asked multiple times through out our communication if I could have a copy of my ACT score sheet, and all I got were vague answers about her not being sure but that she would check. I emailed her again after she confessed to wasting my time to ask for my score sheet. She emailed back saying she could provide nothing official but told me my scores in the email. They were really good, and in one section I made a perfect score: this would have been amazing to have when applying to other tutoring jobs, but I was going to need a score sheet (every other tutoring center has provided this for me). I responded to ask why she was unable to provide a score sheet, but never heard from her again. This was literally the most unprofessional handling of a hiring/interview process I have ever experience. I would never, ever work at Huntington in my life.

Interview Questions

• Will you be fully available with no guarantee of work?   1 Answer
    • Will you leave your other job to be fully available to us with no guarantee of work at a rate of 17/hr?   1 Answer

Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

It was about an hour or so and discussed the position. I was asked about my teaching experience and what were my strengths and weaknesses in subject matter. Also, what I enjoyed about tutoring and how long I have been doing so.

Interview Questions

• Have you teached in a classroom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2019.

Interview

Probably one of the worst interviews I've experienced. They seemed desperate to have me, mentioned that there was a lot of turnover at the interview! Seemed unprofessional, complaining about current and past co-workers. Asked about my education (can only tutor if you have a Bachelor s but wages seemed super low for the education required) and strengths and weaknesses. Asked about hours and was not given a definitive answer. Better off tutoring independently.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to calm a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oradell, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Oradell, NJ) in July 2019.

Interview

I spent 2 hours in the initial interview. I interviewed with the CIO for the first 10 minutes. He was polite but his questioning was aggressive and he didn't really seem to pay attention to my answers. It was clear that based on my resume alone, he didn't think I was qualified. If he could establish that by reading my resume, I don't know why they wasted my time with an in person interview. I also have no idea why you would interview with the CIO first and then his subordinate.

It doesn't seem like they have a coherent interview process, respect for candidates time, or reasonable expectations. The position has been vacant for 5 months despite them conducting many interviews. Perhaps if they give it a few years, they'll find their white unicorn perfect candidate.

If you're aggressively interviewing and the position is still vacant after 5 months, it's not the applicants, it's you.

Interview Questions

• You're interviewing for a Business Analyst position but I don't think you're a Business Analyst. Tell me what BA experience you have while I ignore you and have decided not to hire you in the first 3 minutes.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

They only asked a few questions so be prepared to have more of a conversation. I would also recommend preparing questions for them as well. I spent time reading about them online before the interview which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What subjects and grades I felt most comfortable with and why   1 Answer

Student Tutor Interview

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. I had a brief phone call with the branch manager regarding my resume. She asked me about my college experience and why I want to work for her company. Afterwards, she asked me about my aptitude in several subjects they need help with.

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Fishers, IN) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview included a centre tour,a and was one to one, easy going, and informative. A mutual exchange of information was completed. The staff on the floor was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What experience do you have tutoring students?
      What type of hours do you expect?   Answer Question