Huntington Learning Centers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Assistant Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Paramus, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

The process was a bit convoluted and the owners of the company still remained involved in the interview process. This was disconcerting as it showed that the players on the ground weren't going to have much autonomy. It is not a system set up for success. The franchisees might have a different tale to tell, however.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unexpected questions in this interview, just the site and members of the cast as mentioned above were puzzling.   Answer Question

Junior Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oradell, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Oradell, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewer took a grand total of 5 minutes to basically insult me that I wasn't "analytical" enough for what they looking for and asked me to leave because she had a meeting. Completely unprofessional and rude behavior.

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

The questions and answers don't prepare you for what is really expected. They ask you if you are WILLING to do certain things and then once you are hired you find out it is required of you on a weekly basis

Interview Questions

Negotiation

same as any other job offer

Center Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers.

Interview

Starts with phone screening call, then 2 in-person interviews. The first is with Human Resources, follows a script asking both behavioral and qualifications questions. The second is with the regional manager, also scripted. Sometimes there is a third interview with the director of operations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had to overcome challenges to get the job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate starting salary. This was done directly with HR

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Fredericksburg, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

Completed interview on the phone and then in person. Both interviewers asked very detailed and specific questions and sometimes gave 4-5 questions at once which made it difficult to respond appropriately and follow their train of thought.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had one large task to perform and less than enough time to complete it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Center Director Interview

Interview

Quick interview process. As this company experiences absurdly high turnover you will likely get the job as long as you can demonstrate 1) that you can drive sales and 2) you have some passion for and expertise in education. The post-interview onboarding process is what's tricky.

Negotiation

Some flexibility...I was able to get my base up by $4k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oradell, NJ

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Oradell, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview that was about ten minutes long. The second interview was at their corporate office in Oradell, NJ. It was with a recruiter at HR and consisted of cheesy skill-based questions. For example, "Describe a time in which you encountered a problem. What did you do to solve it." "Describe a time that you fostered team work."

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you helped a group achieve something as a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you encountered a problem. How did you solve it? Describe a time in which you set a goal. What steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Miami, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite brief, and basically the whole interview took place over the phone while I was putting gas in my car. It was a relaxed atmosphere and given the informal style of the interview there was not some of the usual pressure you feel in an in-person interview. After a five minute conversation, I gave them a start date, they agreed, and that was everything.

Interview Questions

• What prior experience do you have tutoring?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oradell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Oradell, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick - they didn't really take a lot of time.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Huntington Learning Centers (Richmond, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

They do prefer if you have a teaching degree, but when I told them I had an engineering degree, showed them a transcript, said that I was working towards my teaching license, and agreed to take the SAT math portion to show my competency, I was a shoe-in.

I'm supposed to have at least 50 words for this section, but the interview was really that simple.