Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyland Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2018

2.8

Developer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

I had no phone interview, just in-house.
    My meeting with HR- very nice. She made me feel very welcomed and also asked questions to get a feel for my personality and values.

I then met with 2 team managers. I displayed my coding and analytical skills on a whiteboard as well as told them about my many school projects and side projects to portray my knowledge and experience. They had poker faces which is to be expected.

But it was clear to me that skill is not enough to get a job at hyland. They evaluate your personality and values, and take it very much into account. I asked them how important the kind of person you are is to how they hire and it is MORE important that you show you are a genuinely nice person that is TEACHABLE.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

I met with HR who gave me a quick tech test that was highly outdated and very immature for a tech company.

I met with with the Support Manager who was very high strung and very non-technical who loved to hear himself talk and another quite gentleman who they both asked canned questions about my ability to work with a team and not my technical abilities. I would have preferred to interview with someone technical as the support manager seemed bored with answers that required something technical and grew impatient with my answers. I knew i did not want to work with him as my manager and blew off the rest of the interview. I was offered the job, But the pay was an insult and i did not want to be managed by someone who was not technical, so i refused the offer.

Interview Questions

• Whats more important Customer Service or Teamwork. It's 2017.. That question is so old people have written books about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview in three parts: One with HR, then two managers from the teams I said I had interest in, and a team lead + team member. HR interview was scripted and cringeworthy with standard HR questions. Manager interview portion asked more of the same, but more behavioral based questions. It was more relaxed and seemed like an actual conversation. Then I discussed what was on my resume with the team lead and team member and they asked me some whiteboard questions. I was on-site for around 2.5 hours. I felt good about my interview but was ultimately told they were no longer hiring for this position. It was disappointing that they wasted my time, not only with an on-site interview, but a manager also scheduled another "phone" interview with me 2 weeks later, asking me 2-3 more behavioral questions, when I was expecting a potential offer instead. Then a week later, I received an email saying they decided not to fill this position at this time.

Interview Questions

• If you understand how to do the problems from the online assessment you had to complete when you applied, you should be fine. I was asked my whiteboard questions from there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview with a manager and a developer. it was a pretty standard interview by an HR Rep and then a more formal interview with technical questions by the manager.

Interview Questions

• create a function to figure if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to get an in-person interview after filling an online application. The first person I interviewed with was a HR person who basically asked me every question I already answered on the application. I was then interviewed by two tech guys in the web-based and mobile-based divisions, due to my interest. They asked me various questions about my work experience and programming knowledge, followed by white board programming questions. They told me the company would get back to me in 2 weeks but it ended up being 3.

Overall, I'd say it was a fairly bad experience. They made it clear to me that the position was underpaid and yet at the same time they were highly selective of their employees. The tech guys interviewing me seemed to be completely unimpressed by my numerous skills and interests, even though the website stated that this is an entry-level position with no experience required at all.

Interview Questions

• create a function that returns the first index of a character in a string   1 Answer
    • create a function that returns the sum of an integer array   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite interview. I met briefly with the recruiter. Then I met with the VP and Director. Prior to the interview, the provided a very broad subject for me to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to achieve your quota?   1 Answer

Cloud Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Rocky River, OH).

Interview

Interviewed with four people, this process went very smoothly. After three weeks of training I was terminated because I couldn't pass a 6 hour assessment and wasn't offered a retake. I was terminated quick!

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being second shift for at least two years?   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyland in July 2017.

Interview

Nice people, informal, didn't care that I had experience. Asked technical questions about designing and implementing. Pay was low, and didn't take experience into consideration at all. Benefits were sub par.

Software QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

The interview experience was awesome. First part was with a HR representative, asking typical HR-related questions. Difference being, they want YOUR answers, not the answers you think they want. Next portion was with a different interviewer, in front of a Windows PC. They test your ability to determine the IP address, open a command prompt, use shortcuts, etc. The final portion is with two people, likely a manager and a team lead, and they ask you all kinds of questions about technology and your passions to find out what kind of a team member you'd be.

With my experience, passion for technology, and ability to work alongside others as well as independently, I figured I'd be perfect for the job.

Unfortunately they thought otherwise, and decided to make me wait well over a month to get a canned rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were difficult or presented any problems.   Answer Question

QA Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process hasn't changed since I interviewed in the past. Usually you meet with the HR recruiter for some general interview questions, like what interested you in the position, why are you leaving your current employer... then you are taken to a technical person for the technical part of the interview. Just general navigation on a desktop computer like copying a file to a folder, get to a command prompt, and then some general technology questions that relate to what news to you read and what technologies do you like. Lastly I was interviewed by different managers in QA in different verticals. Nothing too out of the ordinary there with questions.

I would like to know what kind of people Hyland does hire? It's like a fortress! I thought I was a good candidate because of my background and knowing the right people. I guess I really don't really understand the culture.

Interview Questions

• Do you find that testing is an art or a science?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with regression testing   Answer Question