Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.8

Software QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

The interview experience was awesome. First part was with a HR representative, asking typical HR-related questions. Difference being, they want YOUR answers, not the answers you think they want. Next portion was with a different interviewer, in front of a Windows PC. They test your ability to determine the IP address, open a command prompt, use shortcuts, etc. The final portion is with two people, likely a manager and a team lead, and they ask you all kinds of questions about technology and your passions to find out what kind of a team member you'd be.

With my experience, passion for technology, and ability to work alongside others as well as independently, I figured I'd be perfect for the job.

Unfortunately they thought otherwise, and decided to make me wait well over a month to get a canned rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were difficult or presented any problems.   Answer Question

QA Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process hasn't changed since I interviewed in the past. Usually you meet with the HR recruiter for some general interview questions, like what interested you in the position, why are you leaving your current employer... then you are taken to a technical person for the technical part of the interview. Just general navigation on a desktop computer like copying a file to a folder, get to a command prompt, and then some general technology questions that relate to what news to you read and what technologies do you like. Lastly I was interviewed by different managers in QA in different verticals. Nothing too out of the ordinary there with questions.

I would like to know what kind of people Hyland does hire? It's like a fortress! I thought I was a good candidate because of my background and knowing the right people. I guess I really don't really understand the culture.

Interview Questions

• Do you find that testing is an art or a science?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with regression testing   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was friendly and I was excited to continue the interviewing process, however the on-site interview was terrible. The individual performing the interview seemed utterly disinterested the entire time and even rolled their eyes at me a few times. Maybe that's just their demeanor and mannerisms, but even if that is the case, then they should not be the one to perform interviews. I was made to feel that I was a waste of time and space and I should not have even come in for the interview in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Began interview with generic "ice breaker questions" probably found online. Almost embarrassing.   Answer Question

Account Manager, Healthcare Channel Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyland in May 2017.

Interview

The process was a Phone interview with the HR, phone interview with the hiring manager, and 3 hour Face-to-Face interview with the hiring manager, director, and peers.
    The hiring process from start to finish took 2.5 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would conduct market research to determine a new sales opportunity?   Answer Question

Technical Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people, 4 from the department and one person from H.R. I was asked a series of questions from all the people performing the interview. At the end of the questions, I was asked to take a technical test. There was no real question, I opened a file and an error message showed up on the screen. I was asked how I would proceed with this problem. Here is an example of the pop up: https://www.glassdoor.com/mz-surveyinterview/collectQuestions. The problem was the address was incorrect and was missing a back slash \. I had to go into the file folder and correct the address and save the new address.
    My only issue with the interview process is that I received a generic rejection email while I was still in the interview, stating that my resume was reviewed and I was not selected to go further in the hiring process. The email was sent at noon and my interview ended at 12:15. I took this as a possible mistake, so I waited the 2 weeks that the interviewers stated it would take to get an official answer. I never received an answer until I sent an email asking if a candidate had been selected. I then received the notice that stated: We appreciate the time you took to interview with us, however, another candidate was selected. I thought this was very tacky for a company that prides itself on how well it treats its people.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal position?   1 Answer

QA Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took little more than 1 month.

1. Zoom interview - 2 QA team leads asked questions regarding my previous experience. Some behavioral scenario based questions. They were trying to find out how my experience and skills align with their requirements. Interview lasted for 45 minutes.

2. HR phone - HR called to ask about salary requirements, why I left my last job, why I want to join Hyland etc. Conversation lasted for 10 minutes.

3. In person interview (3 parts) - First part, HR person discussed about joining date and on-boarding process. Discussed basic stuff like what are my long term expectations from the company, how much is my desire to understand Hyland culture. It took around 20 minutes.
    Second part, technical interview. This part has nothing to do with QA. The interviewer had remote access to my computer and could see what I was doing on my machine. Asked basic computer related stuff to understand how tech savvy I am. Ex. How to check IP address from command prompt, computer name on network, create a folder and share it with everyone with only reading permission, if you buy a computer which specs will you choose, what is server, difference between http and https, and few more. Took 30 minutes.
    Third part, Two team members had a casual chat with me. Mostly talked about tools they use and the nature of their work. Took 10 minutes.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Really easy and straight forward. They changed the interview process for the position. I was asked a few technical questions and had to try to troubleshoot an issue on a laptop. Very relaxed interview. Make sure you do your research on the company and what onBase does! Interview was about 45 minutes long. There was an HR person and 2 IT managers in the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you worked for a toy car company, and someone was having an issue with the car, what would you do to try and resolve it over the phone?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I heard back within 2 weeks to schedule phone interviews with the recruiter. After the initial phone screen I was set up with in person interviews with the hiring manager. I assumed the interview went well as the interview lasted over two hours and I was called back for a second interview, which also lasted over two hours. Since the second interview which took place the last week of March, I have not heard anything. I was excited for the opportunity, but now am a little skeptical of the lack of decision making ability either way. I am making the assumption that they're not interested in me as a candidate, but I would like to definitive answer either way.

Interview Questions

• I was asked on the spot to complete a requirements gathering, then develop a project plan.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email a week later for a phone interview with HR. After that, I received another email for an in person interview. After that, I got another email asking for another phone interview with development team.

Interview Questions

• Recursion for adding an array of numbers together. Also asked to complete a for loop that starts x at 100 and then prints out 0 - 100. Finally, I was asked about requirements for a function from Agile software engineering.   Answer Question

Cloud Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through Hyland career website, and received and email couple weeks later to set up an onsite interview without any prior phone conversation, that was sound weird. I took a day off from my current job because it is 2 hours 30 minutes away from my address and went to onsite interview, Met with HR, took around 30 minutes, and had a tech interview which took 45 minutes and I was told to wait for 2 weeks to hear back but it took more than a month and received not selected email. I was not happy with their interview process, I wish had a phone or skype interview first and not waste all my day.