Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.8

Developer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview with a manager and a developer. it was a pretty standard interview by an HR Rep and then a more formal interview with technical questions by the manager.

Interview Questions

• create a function to figure if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Developer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to get an in-person interview after filling an online application. The first person I interviewed with was a HR person who basically asked me every question I already answered on the application. I was then interviewed by two tech guys in the web-based and mobile-based divisions, due to my interest. They asked me various questions about my work experience and programming knowledge, followed by white board programming questions. They told me the company would get back to me in 2 weeks but it ended up being 3.

Overall, I'd say it was a fairly bad experience. They made it clear to me that the position was underpaid and yet at the same time they were highly selective of their employees. The tech guys interviewing me seemed to be completely unimpressed by my numerous skills and interests, even though the website stated that this is an entry-level position with no experience required at all.

Interview Questions

• create a function that returns the first index of a character in a string   1 Answer
    • create a function that returns the sum of an integer array   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite interview. I met briefly with the recruiter. Then I met with the VP and Director. Prior to the interview, the provided a very broad subject for me to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to achieve your quota?   1 Answer

Cloud Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky River, OH

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Rocky River, OH).

Interview

Interviewed with four people, this process went very smoothly. After three weeks of training I was terminated because I couldn't pass a 6 hour assessment and wasn't offered a retake. I was terminated quick!

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with being second shift for at least two years?   1 Answer

Technology Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hyland in July 2017.

Interview

Nice people, informal, didn't care that I had experience. Asked technical questions about designing and implementing. Pay was low, and didn't take experience into consideration at all. Benefits were sub par.

Software QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

The interview experience was awesome. First part was with a HR representative, asking typical HR-related questions. Difference being, they want YOUR answers, not the answers you think they want. Next portion was with a different interviewer, in front of a Windows PC. They test your ability to determine the IP address, open a command prompt, use shortcuts, etc. The final portion is with two people, likely a manager and a team lead, and they ask you all kinds of questions about technology and your passions to find out what kind of a team member you'd be.

With my experience, passion for technology, and ability to work alongside others as well as independently, I figured I'd be perfect for the job.

Unfortunately they thought otherwise, and decided to make me wait well over a month to get a canned rejection e-mail.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that were difficult or presented any problems.   Answer Question

QA Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process hasn't changed since I interviewed in the past. Usually you meet with the HR recruiter for some general interview questions, like what interested you in the position, why are you leaving your current employer... then you are taken to a technical person for the technical part of the interview. Just general navigation on a desktop computer like copying a file to a folder, get to a command prompt, and then some general technology questions that relate to what news to you read and what technologies do you like. Lastly I was interviewed by different managers in QA in different verticals. Nothing too out of the ordinary there with questions.

I would like to know what kind of people Hyland does hire? It's like a fortress! I thought I was a good candidate because of my background and knowing the right people. I guess I really don't really understand the culture.

Interview Questions

• Do you find that testing is an art or a science?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with regression testing   Answer Question

Account Manager, Healthcare Channel Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyland in May 2017.

Interview

The process was a Phone interview with the HR, phone interview with the hiring manager, and 3 hour Face-to-Face interview with the hiring manager, director, and peers.
    The hiring process from start to finish took 2.5 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would conduct market research to determine a new sales opportunity?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial contact was friendly and I was excited to continue the interviewing process, however the on-site interview was terrible. The individual performing the interview seemed utterly disinterested the entire time and even rolled their eyes at me a few times. Maybe that's just their demeanor and mannerisms, but even if that is the case, then they should not be the one to perform interviews. I was made to feel that I was a waste of time and space and I should not have even come in for the interview in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Began interview with generic "ice breaker questions" probably found online. Almost embarrassing.   Answer Question

Technical Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people, 4 from the department and one person from H.R. I was asked a series of questions from all the people performing the interview. At the end of the questions, I was asked to take a technical test. There was no real question, I opened a file and an error message showed up on the screen. I was asked how I would proceed with this problem. Here is an example of the pop up: https://www.glassdoor.com/mz-surveyinterview/collectQuestions. The problem was the address was incorrect and was missing a back slash \. I had to go into the file folder and correct the address and save the new address.
    My only issue with the interview process is that I received a generic rejection email while I was still in the interview, stating that my resume was reviewed and I was not selected to go further in the hiring process. The email was sent at noon and my interview ended at 12:15. I took this as a possible mistake, so I waited the 2 weeks that the interviewers stated it would take to get an official answer. I never received an answer until I sent an email asking if a candidate had been selected. I then received the notice that stated: We appreciate the time you took to interview with us, however, another candidate was selected. I thought this was very tacky for a company that prides itself on how well it treats its people.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal position?   1 Answer