Hyland Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 269 of over 269 interviews

Campus Recruiting11%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Hyland

Application

I interviewed at Hyland

Interview

Relatively relaxed and encouraging interview process. Interviewers ensured I was comfortable and made it a pleasant experience. First phone call was very informal and non-technical, whereas the second has a few more scenario and competency questions.

Interview Questions
  • When did you previously display good communication skills when working in a group project
    Answer Question

Hyland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in Apr 2022

Interview

The phone interview was great; the recruiter was friendly and thorough. However, there must have been some miscommunication between the research team and the recruiting team. It was not clear from the posting that industry experience was a requirement for the position, and I even stated in my phone interview that I was making the transition from academia to industry. It wasn't until I progressed to the zoom interview stage that I was told that this was a role leading a team of other researchers and thus prior industry-specific experience was required. Honestly, I feel like my time was wasted because I would have never applied for the job if I had known that I didn't meet the minimum requirements. To improve the posting, I would recommend explicitly stating "must have X years user experience research" or "must have X years industry research experience" (see other mid-level or lead UX researcher postings for ideas).

Interview Questions
  • Asked about research methodologies, background in statistical analysis
2 people found this interview helpful

57 Comments

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Hyland~9432
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH)

Interview

Brought me in for multiple interviews… Asked questions like: Are you happy right now? How do you measure success? Just a very peculiar interview. Questions were very random and didn’t necessarily pertain to the role I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Hyland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland in Feb 2022

Interview

Technically Detailed interview. Interviewer thoroughly checks your knowledge, based on which the CTC is decided. Overall good experience. The knowledge of the what Hyland does as a company is also appreciated and will help in the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hyland

Application

I interviewed at Hyland

Interview

I didn't get to the point of an interview. As part of the application process, they require applicants to submit a "poem" about their past/present employer... which was no easy feat. Unfortunately, I received the typical algorithim-driven "thanks but no thanks" email within hours of submitting my resume and application. It was a huge turn off to have to go through the process of coming up with a poem--as if the application process wasn't taxing enough--only to receive such a quick rejection. Having to come up with a poem should NOT be part of the initial application process. Felt like they wasted my valuable time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Hyland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in Dec 2021

Interview

Submitted applicated, heard from HR 1 week later, phone screen with recruiter, video interview with hiring manager and their manager 2 weeks later, offer 2 days later. Whole process just under a month.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to deliver bad news to a customer

Hyland

Application

I interviewed at Hyland

Interview

Several levels but organized. There were several weeks between each one so I honestly thought they had went with someone else. They just have a several week process. Having patience and understanding is important.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Hyland (Calcutta) in Nov 2021

Interview

Worst interview...the interviewer have no idea about the company..very bad attitude..dont spoil your career joining this company...I will not recommend anyone to join this company...the interviewer had a negative attitude...dont join this worst company...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hyland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in Nov 2021

Interview

Was an initial phone screen interview and then a Zoom interview. Took a long time between initial phone screen and Zoom interview but that was due to HR being out I believe. Felt like they knew beforehand I wasn't a fit for the position as it was made pretty clear a few mins in but it was understandable as I didn't realize how technically deep they were wanting for the position. I don't think the job description described how technically advanced they wanted you to be. They need to improve job descriptions as HS degree and some experience is not the best way to know if you are a good fit for the position. Also salary for the position is pretty lackluster for the knowledge they wanted in my opinion. I've seen entry level Cloud jobs/SOC 1 jobs pay the same rate with way less technical knowledge. However, they were very professional and courteous and even offered to check with other teams if a fit existed there. I don't blame the interviewer and blame whoever posted the job posting being too vague on what they wanted as the interviewer was looking for way more experience and knowledge than what the job listing described. Didn't get questions about how to do so-so but more of how long have you set servers up or how much infrastructure you've handled before etc. Basically can get a good gauge if you are ready for what they want.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in Nov 2021

Interview

Senior Project Manager Removed my name from consideration after a disjointed interview. The recruiter and interviewers did not seem to be on the same page. It felt like they were interviewing for different positions. The lack of internal alignment was a concern.

Interview Questions
  • 90% of the questions had do with network engineering and data security, and if I had those certifications. None of which were in the job description or mentioned by the recruiter (or on my resume). This was after starting the interview stating that they were looking for a skilled PMs and not technical subject matter experts.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 269 Interviews

Hyland Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Hyland as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.78 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Technical Support Analyst and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Software Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Hyland takes an average of 30 days when considering 297 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Intern had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Project Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 34 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Hyland according to 297 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.05%