Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Hyland

2.8

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyland (Akron, OH) in March 2020.

Interview

About half of the posted job description was not actually relevant to the role. Where things like working with the customer to collect requirements, designing the solution, and participating in pre-sales activities and conversations was spelled out in the listing, when it came time for the interview I was told that none of this was part of the role. That the job essentially entailed coming in after the requirements have been collected, the design has been created and, in some cases implemented, and “making the Principal Consultant’s design and dream a reality”. Sorry, not trying to be just a “doer”. I was hoping for more involvement with the client sales cycle and getting to the root of what they needed. I ended up cutting the interview short after realizing that it was not anything close to the posted job description.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hyland (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable and casual. It felt more like an easy conversation than an interview. I interviewed with a manager and an individual on the team. Both were respectful and calm and exuded a very comforting energy.

Cloud Solution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in October 2019.

Interview

Took 3 weeks in all. It moved along rather quickly. Standard questions. I spent some time on their sites reviewing who they were, what they did, and trying to see how the product worked.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there? Why I wanted that position? Where I saw myself in 5 years, with respect to that position?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

Great communication and smooth process. Everyone was very helpful and they were very transparent throughout the process. I met with several key employees that accurately described the job and what is needed.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR for general screening and background information on the company and role. About 3 days later I was contacted to meet with the hiring manager and the team as well. I was then called back to meet with the hiring manager again and was made an offer shortly there after. The whole process was efficient and quick.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral interviewing questions:
      1. Tell me about a project you had that didn't meet the deadline. What did you do?
      2. What are your top 3 biggest strengths?
      3. What are your top 3 weaknesses?
      4. Tell me how you have handled projects that have stakeholders with different goals   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in September 2019.

Interview

My interview process was fairly standard - I learned of the job opening from a friend in the department, and I applied online. Less than a week later, I received an email where I was selected for a Zoom video interview with a manager. About a week after that, I was told I had advanced to the next round of interviews that would be held on Hyland's campus in Westlake, and I was connected with an HR rep to schedule my travel for the following week. During the in-person interview, I met with a senior manager, presented on a technology topic of my choice to a panel of TCs, and finally received a walking tour/observation with the original Zoom video interviewer. The whole process lasted about two hours. I received my offer by phone about three weeks later. Overall, I was very pleased with the professionalism and structured interview process, and the only negative is the length of time after interviewing before receiving an offer/rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• Say I turned you down for the job, but in its place, I gave you a million dollars. If we were to meet up a year later, what would tell me about how you've spent this last year?   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in September 2019.

Interview

Phone interview. Called 6 minutes late, and had someone elses resume instead of mine... then they asked me 1 question, snubbed my experience a bit by not reading past my most recent job, and ended the call very quickly, instead of asking me any relevant questions about the company, my interests, etc.

Interview Questions

• If this is your resume?   1 Answer
    • You do realize this is a software rope, I see your current role as a hardware role?   1 Answer
    • I don't have any more questions because I prepared all of my questions from the WRONG PERSON'S RESUME   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in September 2019.

Interview

Thorough but efficient. The approach is pretty straight-forward. There's a phone screen with HR, a phone interview with a couple of team members, and a very intensive in-person interview. I had good conversations in the first two rounds - the interviewers were friendly and they asked challenging questions.

The final round is INTENSE. You have to do a live project management exercise, as well as deliver a presentation on a technology topic. You also have a conversation with the hiring manager, the team leader. This stage of the interview is tough and if you don't know your stuff, you shouldn't bother applying because you will never make it past this part of the process.

It sounds like a lot but I really appreciated how thorough and challenging the process was. It's designed to identify the very best candidates, as well as to give candidates a look at what it's like to work for Hyland. At the end of this process, Hyland knows the candidates well and the candidates should have a good idea of what it's like to work at Hyland and whether they want to work there.

The communications throughout the process were as open and transparent as recruiting communications can be. The process moved quickly and I was always given an expectation of what the next steps would be and when.

Although I didn't get an offer, I would definitely apply for another position at Hyland. And I would recommend to any candidate that they pursue a position with Hyland because it's such a good company. Just be prepared for a very thorough and challenging interview process!

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for a live project management exercise. In my interview, the interviewers played the role of client and I was a project manager gathering requirements.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in September 2019.

Interview

Transparent and quick; the recruiter I dealt with was amazingly helpful in guiding me through the process. I never wondered where I stood or felt under-prepared. I never felt like I was being "over-interviewed" like with other companies that seem to drag the process out unnecessarily

QA II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

The interview consisted of four portions and was about 2 1/2 hours long. Technical portion, test portion, hr portion, and manager portion. The portions were led by different people. By no means was the technical hard. If you know basics of computers you are fine. He was your typical he employment questions and manager portion was more or less to see if you fit into the culture and work environment.

Interview Questions

• How to tie your shoes. SQL questions. What do you like about technology. Etc.   Answer Question