Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Hyland Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2018

2.8

Developer II Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Was contacted about 3 months later for technical phone interview with 2 managers and developer. Was invited for 2 hour on site interview. First half behavioral talking with managers and recruiter, second half white board test with developers and a tour of building.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that takes 2 integers and returns the integer with greatest sum of its digits.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hyland (Lincoln, NE) in March 2018.

Interview

I met with the Hyland hiring team, it seemed that we were simply carrying out a required step in your hiring protocol. My assumption is that they already had a candidate in mind for the job but were required to interview additional candidates, like me, the interview was a show!

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions: how you handle an angry customer? Why you select this company for working? Are you available on May 31 to go for training? What did your previous employer say about you? What did your peers say about you?   1 Answer

Lead Qualification Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

Short phone interview with recruiter, then had an onsite interview with manager. The on-site interview consisted of having a "mock call" where you had to familiarize yourself with Hyland's products. I was extremely unsure what was expected of the mock call, but the manager assured me there weren't high expectations and we spent less than 5 minutes doing it.

Developer I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland.

Interview

I had no phone interview, just in-house.
    My meeting with HR- very nice. She made me feel very welcomed and also asked questions to get a feel for my personality and values.

I then met with 2 team managers. I displayed my coding and analytical skills on a whiteboard as well as told them about my many school projects and side projects to portray my knowledge and experience. They had poker faces which is to be expected.

But it was clear to me that skill is not enough to get a job at hyland. They evaluate your personality and values, and take it very much into account. I asked them how important the kind of person you are is to how they hire and it is MORE important that you show you are a genuinely nice person that is TEACHABLE.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

I met with HR who gave me a quick tech test that was highly outdated and very immature for a tech company.

I met with with the Support Manager who was very high strung and very non-technical who loved to hear himself talk and another quite gentleman who they both asked canned questions about my ability to work with a team and not my technical abilities. I would have preferred to interview with someone technical as the support manager seemed bored with answers that required something technical and grew impatient with my answers. I knew i did not want to work with him as my manager and blew off the rest of the interview. I was offered the job, But the pay was an insult and i did not want to be managed by someone who was not technical, so i refused the offer.

Interview Questions

• Whats more important Customer Service or Teamwork. It's 2017.. That question is so old people have written books about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview in three parts: One with HR, then two managers from the teams I said I had interest in, and a team lead + team member. HR interview was scripted and cringeworthy with standard HR questions. Manager interview portion asked more of the same, but more behavioral based questions. It was more relaxed and seemed like an actual conversation. Then I discussed what was on my resume with the team lead and team member and they asked me some whiteboard questions. I was on-site for around 2.5 hours. I felt good about my interview but was ultimately told they were no longer hiring for this position. It was disappointing that they wasted my time, not only with an on-site interview, but a manager also scheduled another "phone" interview with me 2 weeks later, asking me 2-3 more behavioral questions, when I was expecting a potential offer instead. Then a week later, I received an email saying they decided not to fill this position at this time.

Interview Questions

• If you understand how to do the problems from the online assessment you had to complete when you applied, you should be fine. I was asked my whiteboard questions from there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in November 2017.

Interview

Online assessment, and onsite interview less than a month. Onsite interview was possible, the last step was meeting team leads and technical interview, they already had an attitude not to hire me while I was solving the problem.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview with a manager and a developer. it was a pretty standard interview by an HR Rep and then a more formal interview with technical questions by the manager.

Interview Questions

• create a function to figure if a string is a palindrome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

I was emailed to get an in-person interview after filling an online application. The first person I interviewed with was a HR person who basically asked me every question I already answered on the application. I was then interviewed by two tech guys in the web-based and mobile-based divisions, due to my interest. They asked me various questions about my work experience and programming knowledge, followed by white board programming questions. They told me the company would get back to me in 2 weeks but it ended up being 3.

Overall, I'd say it was a fairly bad experience. They made it clear to me that the position was underpaid and yet at the same time they were highly selective of their employees. The tech guys interviewing me seemed to be completely unimpressed by my numerous skills and interests, even though the website stated that this is an entry-level position with no experience required at all.

Interview Questions

• create a function that returns the first index of a character in a string   1 Answer
    • create a function that returns the sum of an integer array   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH).

Interview

Phone interview, then onsite interview. I met briefly with the recruiter. Then I met with the VP and Director. Prior to the interview, the provided a very broad subject for me to give a presentation.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to achieve your quota?   1 Answer