Hyland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Very easy and they were very welcoming. The staff kept up with my profile and tried to keep me engaged. They were very flexible on my availability for getting onto campus for the 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked to write a poem about my previous employer.   1 Answer

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online at their website. Heard back a week later with them wanting me to take technical online assessment for them. Passed that and then took a second one for them. Finally they called me in for an in person interview at their HQ. Met with HR, then multiple managers, and finally a few engineers to round it off. Overall a good experience, they make you seem welcome and have some good people interview you. Enjoyed the process overall.

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

1st round: 30 minutes phone interview with the recruiter.
    The recruiter was good and was having pre-decided questions.
    I met the person in the career fair before the call so it was easy for him to recall my profile which I told him at the fair. I applied for Associate Business consultant too, but got an interview call for ATC.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself?
      2) Why Hyland? Why this role?
      3) Why do you think you will be a good fit?
      4) What Hyland do?
      5) Salary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Phone screen with recruiter soon after. Two weeks later wanted to schedule an in-person interview. Back-to-back interviews with two teams (manager + 3-4 developers), even though I was told I would only be meeting with one team. Over two weeks later and despite an email asking for an update still no response, so I'm assuming I didn't get either job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process took more than 6 weeks from now. Initially I wrote an assessment test which had java,c#.net,SQL and general programming questions which was around 1 hour. After that HR sent out for Phone interview request with hiring managers.

Phone interview(4 weeks from now) : questions involved about my resume experience present and past, How interested I'm in programming , How flexible I would be to program in C# as as i was a java developer? Why Hyland and how did you come to know? Do you know about Onbase? Why software Development?

I got an On-site interview request in a week.
    Onsite Interview: first round with hiring managers .They seemed pretty cool..1. my recent experience and daily duties i did?some questions repeated.Explain about the testing environment you do? Would you be comfortable with back end or front end development and why? What kind of code changes have you done?Few questions on my recent project about bugs,team work etc...
    White board testing questions-
    1.when giving a string input to get the count of characters as input.what kind of strings do you take and what are the limitations of a string when compared to int ??
    2. FizzBuzz program 1-100 ..
    3.get the maximum element in a static array of size 'n'

Second Round: with HR few behavioral questions -why Hyland?why this position? what do you see yourself in 5 yrs from now? your salary expectation? why do you want to leave present job? what is the criticized thing about you that you worked on constructively? what was the challenging part in the online assessment of Hyland? Explain a situation when you stood up when they were many conflicts in work?

I got the result in 10 days. I was not selected. On the whole was good experience

Interview Questions

• why Hyland?why this position? what do you see yourself in 5 yrs from now? your salary expectation? why do you want to leave present job? what is the criticized thing about you that you worked on constructively? what was the challenging part in the online assessment of Hyland? Explain a situation when you stood up when they were many conflicts in work?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hyland in November 2015.

Interview

It took 3 weeks for my interview and I thought it went well. They asked me many questions, which I answered and I even asked then questions. I was told that they will get back to me in 2 weeks. Plus they told me that they even need someone by December 1st for the job. Well I send them my thank you letter and I even send them a letter to see what was going on and I never heard from them again. I was a bit disappointed with them because it would of been nice from them to send a letter telling me they r moving on.

Interview Questions

• They asked me question on the program to see if I new anything   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Westlake, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

Shortly after applying I was asked to take an online assessment which lasted about an hour and consisted of general programming questions, SQL, C++ and ASP.Net. I was then asked to do an onsite interview.

I was interviewed by a development team manager. The interview lasted about 90 minutes, and was fairly laid back. He talked a lot about the company and what his team does, and asked the standard behavioral interview questions. I was expected to discuss my projects in detail, which I wasn't quite prepared for. The technical questions were basic, as were the whiteboard problems.

Interview Questions

• What are the four tenets of Object Oriented Programming?   1 Answer
    • Explain the differences between a thread and a process.   1 Answer
    • Without changing the current code or adding anything before it, finish this program so that it prints the numbers 100 to 0.

for( x=0;   1 Answer
    • I was asked to write a function to print the count of D's in a string (easy). He then erased the block of code and asked how I would test this function (black box).   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland in January 2015.

Interview

I am a recent Masters Graduate.I applied online in the company website.I had an Assessment Test in the first week of january 2015 which had 4 sections multiple choice type in which answering general programming was must and any of the other three sections was my choice.Next round was Phone Interview in the following week.
    It was a general interview about my resume and my project works.They said the result would be out in a 2 weeks.
    I didn't hear back anything for a month or so.They replied me to my follow up mails that I was not selected for further round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Did a meet and greet with Hyland, process was pretty simple, the guy I met with was real laid back. The interviewer asked a few questions about my knowledge of C# but nothing too difficult Pretty easy relaxed first contact with the employer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a stack and a queue?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hyland (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview, Interviewer was personal and professional. The interviewer began by introducing himself and describing his role at Hyland. The main focus was on my programming skills asking questions about what I have done. The interview took about 45 minutes and I was told they would get back to me within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging programming problem you faced.   Answer Question