ILA Vietnam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ILA Vietnam Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.3

Teacher Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview process because of how friendly the interviewer was but some of the questions were challenging. Be prepared to answer not only about teaching methods, but about your expectations for life in Vietnam. If you're passionate and interested in learning to teach children the interview shouldn't be too difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Discussed how I would plan a lesson based on a page from an ESL book. Answered some basic questions about previous experience and whether I had lived in a third world country.

Interview Questions

• How do you think that you will handle living in a third world country?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in May 2017.

Interview

Nice girl but did't seem to know anything about the company. I got the feeling it was her first week on the job. She followed a very laborious script and none of the questions followed on from the previous ones. I already knew I would be offered the job within the first 2 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Are you happy to teach in public schools?   1 Answer

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shenyang, Liaoning (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Shenyang, Liaoning (China)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and nice, tried to make the interview seem as relaxed as possible. It was a voice call over Skype. Some questions were challenging. Lasted about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Vietnam?
      If you had to recommend the CELTA to someone, what would you say? What did you learn?
      What was your biggest challenge during the CELTA?
      What would your instructors say were your biggest weakness/strength?
      Have you ever received criticism you didnt agree with?
      How do you make lessons learner-centred?
      What lesson structures do you use from the CELTA?
      What is your classroom management style?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in March 2017.

Interview

I emailed ILA, and they replied inviting me for an in-person interview in Hanoi centre. The interview atmosphere was very relaxed, and non-intimidating, but they did throw in some questions to make sure you know the basic principles.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you taught or explained a grammar point   1 Answer

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in February 2017.

Interview

Invited for an interview, got offered the job the next day and offered to join the Young Learners course.
    One on one at the main center. With a British senior teacher who had been there for some time.

Interview Questions

• " What are the challenges teaching young learners"
      " What sort of classroom management system would you implement"
      " What do you think the differences are between teaching at our center and at a public school"
      " What do you know about project based learning? "
      " How would you incorporate technology into your lessons?"
      " What are the biggest challenges teaching young learners?"   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellington (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Wellington (New Zealand)) in January 2017.

Interview

Skype interview lasted around 25 minutes. During the interview, asked about my motivations for teaching English (given it would be a career shift) and for moving to Vietnam. They focussed on my CELTA qualification - why did I choose CELTA, what specific skills did I learn through CELTA. They also mentioned improvements the school are making in coordinating between HR and teachers, and in securing work permits for teachers.
    I found the interviewer very easy to talk to. He was very friendly and professional. The whole application process was smooth and very informative.

Interview Questions

• What are my motivations for teaching English? Why did I choose Vietnam specifically? If employed, where in Vietnam do I want to teach? Why did I choose to study CELTA? What specific skills did I learn through CELTA. What are my weaknesses as a teacher? What do I need from the school?   Answer Question

My partner had accepted an offer in another country, and for our objectives, this offer was preferable to us living in Vietnam.

English Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in January 2017.

Interview

Just simple questions , Why do you want to come to Vietnam
    Why do you want to teach?Do you like children? Do you like working in a high school?
    Can you work seven days a week , split shifts? Very easy

Interview Questions

• Do you like children? Do you like working in a high school?
      Can you work seven days a week , split shifts?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)).

Interview

Very friendly but with some tough questions. There was a lot of discussion about life here in Vietnam to make sure I was prepared for the move. After that it moved on to how I would translate my experience teaching adults into a young learner environment. Then we talked about what ILA as a company was like.

I felt at ease for most of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical staging for a vocabulary lesson for beginners age 8   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ILA Vietnam in July 2016.

Interview

Submitted CV online, received a pack to create a lesson plan , had another email with an I review time. Interview was fairly relaxed, questions were mostly tefl and class management related. Interviewer had a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

• Explain what TTT stands for   1 Answer