ITT Educational Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Carmel, IN).

Interview

I applied online and was called about a week later by a recruiter. She asked some preliminary questions, then followed up with an electronic personality, skills, and problem solving tests. Having completed those, I was invited in for an interview. I met with the Chief Operations Officer one-on-one. Then I met with the VPs of Career Services and Recruitment. Finally, I met one-on-one with the Senior VP of Operations. I spent a half an hour to an hour in each meeting. Afterward, the recruiter contacted me and set up a half-hour meeting with the CEO about a week later. Late in the day of that meeting, I received a call offering me the position.

It was one of the best interview experiences of my professional career. The whole time, everyone was professional and personable. At times, I felt more like they were trying to sell me on the job than the other way around. Initially, I wanted to work for ITT because of the position and the company's reputation. After my interview, I wanted to work for the company because the people were just fantastic, and it seemed like exactly the kind of team I wanted to work for and with.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

While I was prepared to negotiate, the offer was exactly what I was going to ask for, so it really didn't seem necessary.

Online Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Carmel, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by phone. The lady who did the phone interview was very polite and helpful, but misleading. I asked specifically if Saturday's were required of the position, and she said, "On occasion admissions might work Saturday mornings." However, during the in-person, they offered two shifts. One was a noon-9 p.m M-Thursday and 10-7 Friday, which would have been fine. The other one was, M-Thursday AND SATURDAY 9-6, off Friday and Sunday. They wouldn't tell you up front what shift you would be working after training and said the shift that was most likely to be needed was the shift that included every single Saturday. Also, this position is VERY misleading. The online description isn't what the job is at all. It's actually telemarketing. You sit at a cubicle with a headset, and the computer auto dials people who have accidentally clicked on an ITT pop up. They admit that 98% of their leads are bad leads and people getting upset with you for calling. They should tell you up front that it's telemarketing with Saturdays required. This could have saved everyone involved a lot of time!

Admission Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted almost immediately after submitting my application to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty well, the employee I talked to was very friendly & the conversation was professional but casual. She said things that led me to believe I would be interviewed in person "when you come in for your first in person interview it will be in a group setting". She said she would let me know by the end of the week when that interview was, but I never heard from her again.

Addmission Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview just the horse and pony show to get you interested

Interview Questions

• Have not experience any difficult questions on the first interview   1 Answer

College Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Initial contact with recruiter. Then had phone interview with District Manager. Next met with District Manager. Then went to HQ and met all the senior VP's and CEO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your autobiography, beginning with your birth. If you changed jobs, tell me why you were driven to do so.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are tied to a strict salary scale and wouldn't really negotiate.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Online resume, background, skills and educational background submission. Face to face interviews and I was asked to do a sample teaching session to a number of existing faculty. I choose to teach them a mini HTML web site design course.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Interviewed with HR Director. Being in HR, I was dissapointed in the process and there was no follow up to let me know if the position was filled. The corporate office should have a better over all recruiting process.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Carmel, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interviews. First round is telephonic which has a technical round.Second round is a face-to-face interview which is also a technical interview where they asked about .net, SharePoint and SQL

Interview Questions

• You have A=10 B=5. Swap these numbers with out using any other variables.   Answer Question

Campus Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Seemed confusing at first, but nice guy. From there, had a one-on-one interview with the regional director. Also went well. From there, took two on-line assessment tests, each one lasting about 90 minutes, followed up by an almost two hour telephone interview with a personality psychologist. Following that, was invited to the corporate HQ in Indianapolis to meet with five different people, one-on-one, including the CEO. That's when things started to seem like a little bit out of the "Twilight Zone." Kind of a creepy place. Hundreds of people all crammed into little cubicles and you could hear a pin drop. No one talking, laughing, etc. Just whispering. Strange. All of the people I talked to, including the CEO, kept stressing the "ITT Culture." Was told repeatedly there was no room for anyone who wanted to "think outside the box." I had done my homework and knew, at least from I had read online, that ITT didn't have the best reputation, but I wanted to give it my best shot. I brought more than 20 years management and education experience to the table, and was told by the regional manager that I was his first choice. But after leaving Indianapolis and being told I would hear something "soon," it was more than two months before I heard anything. And then I received a template email from the HR department saying ITT was going to consider other candidates - after I had been told be the regional manager I was the number one choice. I was disappointed, but not surprised.

My advice to anyone applying for a position with ITT is be very careful, get everything in writing, and be prepared to give up your soul if you go to work there. They have a very high turnover rate, don't pay very well, the benefit package is weak, and the management at corporate HQ are very, very strange.

Interview Questions

• I was asked by the CEO to tell him my life story, starting when I was a little boy and taking through to the present. Never been asked that before.   1 Answer

Directoe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ITT Educational Services (Arlington, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

Professional team. Enjoyable to speak and meet with. Telephone interview was standard questions about your background.

In person interview - detailed information provided about company and position. Questions about your experience as it relates to the position.

Very straight forward. - no head games.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very direct. nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question