IXL Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IXL Learning Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.9

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

So far the interview process has went really well. It consisted of all technical questions. The position is in Raleigh, NC. The person I interviewed with was in the California office.

Curriculum Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter to the website, went through a phone interview and a job test which mirrors the main responsibilities of the job really well, and then interviewed at the San Mateo headquarters. It is a great company and a great job, and so the competition for each new job spot is pretty tough.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA - can't share a question   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

OA coding challenge, 90 mins for 4 questions using Hackerrank.
    Basic algorithm questions with some math understanding.
    loop, if, else, hashmap, etc. The last 2 questions are a little bit complex than the previous two.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I would not recommend working for the company. The whole process was terrible, recruiter acted super "buddy buddy" but took over weeks to get the results back. Engineers might not care if they want to work at your company, but they do care whether they passed the interview. Engineers invest a lot of personal time into an onsite interview.

The onsite it self was very easy, makes you feel like you are working with unqualified people. I'd rather work with people who passed a series of hard interview questions. First a phone screen, if you pass, they fly you out for onsite with hotels etc.

Curriculum Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter. Phone interview scheduled 2 weeks after application submitted. Within one week of phone interview, asked to complete a written assignment. After submission of written assignment, was contacted and informed that no further steps would be taken with my application.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: background, thoughts about company, how it could improve.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

Got a online assessment first, 4 basic algorithm and data structure question, very easy. Then has two round phone interview. First round got 4 tech question, easy algorithm and data structure question with follow up, need to provide the time complexity.
    Then HR call me scheduled the 2nd round phone interview. A senior engineer call me.

Membership Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very long. Phone interview, short answer questionnaire, then two in person interviews. Lots of waiting time in between, usually about a week or week and half between each step.

Science Curriculum Write Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

Phone interview, about 30 minutes. She was brand-new to the company and didn't seem to have very much phone interview experience. Fairly straightforward questions and then a brain teaser. "Passed" this phone screen and then completed the worksheet assignment. After submitting the assignment, I received a form email saying that they were going to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• The bean question (just like everyone else).   Answer Question
    • Did you look through our elementary school curriculum material on our website? How would you improve it?   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

I interviewed with a member of the product management team. There wasn't a brain teaser. Questions are more leaning towards previous experience, projects, and how you would approach a design.

Interview Questions

• Background, why our company, why this position, walk through a project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Pleasant, but odd interview. Long pauses with awkward silence--possibly taking notes? Interviewed with someone in San Mateo even though the job opening was in Raleigh. Interviewer used a pseudonym. Had difficulty scheduling an interview because they were not available after 2 p.m. Despite using IXL in my classroom and having curriculum design and educational publishing experience, I received an automated rejection two days later. I agree with the other posters who question their legitimacy. I also wonder about age discrimination. I could check every box in the "What We're Looking For" list, but I am over 50 years old. Glad I was rejected early on before investing more of my time. Skeptical about their apparent exponential growth.