IXL Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IXL Learning Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Contacted via email 3 weeks after career fair at university. One-hour phone interview was set up with a Senior Engineer. Interviewer was friendly and talked about his day at work and what was expected from team members/interns.

Interview Questions

• Return a random Fibonacci number that is below a certain limit. Serialize/deserialize classroom data.   Answer Question

Math Curriculum Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IXL Learning in December 2017.

Interview

The other interview reviews are right -- they are just using people for free work. I had a really nice conversation with one of the other math curriculum designers. They then sent me a task to write an explanation for a solution to a problem on their website. It also included a task that had me fix another explanation that already existed. I'm convinced they are just trying to get new ideas from people without hiring them.

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

The Recruiter setup an interview with a designer from IXL Learning. I spoke with the designer with basic background questions. I passed the phone screen, so they had me do a design challenge. They gave a week; more if you needed additional time to design 3 mock-ups. The thing that I do not like about this request is they don't pay you for your time. Other companies do. It's ridiculous to ask for 3 mock-ups. One mock-up would be fair for your free time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Talk about your background.   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning in November 2017.

Interview

This is really bad and disappointing from the recruiter.
    I cleared the 4 coding questions on hacker rank followed by a phone screen.

The interviewer even mentioned after the phone screen that he would call me to the onsite. In addition he followed up next week by calling me to find out about my visa status, nearest airport and other details that are necessary to make travel arrangement and 1 week later they reply saying they are going ahead with more suited candidates.

Way to go people , way to go !

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

There was a hacker rank challenge consisting of math related programming problems. Applied online and got a challenge email. Got a reply within 3 days. You have to know mathematical concepts like geometric properties.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IXL Learning in November 2017.

Interview

Got phone interview 1-2 weeks after finishing OA . First talked about why ixl and then solve 2 coding problems using HackerRank. The coding part is medium difficulty. About 2 weeks later got HR phone call and scheduled an onsite. The process actually takes a little bit too long.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Santa Rosa, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

hackerrank, then from what i've read on the other posts here i'm assuming its tech phone interviews with an onsite in the end. I literally passed all test cases with plenty of time to spare (questions were very straight forward), yet I got my very standard rejection email. It would've been nice if they could at least give some feedback, yet no response afterwards. Continually ghosting candidates and giving no feedback is precisely why IXL is getting more and more bad interview reviews.

Interview Questions

• not to give all the questions away, but: count holes in a number and add/reduce two fractions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment and had a first round in person interview and then a phone interview as final round. Interviewer was friendly. Very standard programming questions. Overall a positive experience although I didn't take their offer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through campus career website. First round is online coding with 4 questions, then I got the phone interview several weeks later. If you pass the phone interview, they will fly you to their office for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Generate a random Fibonacci number under the provided upper bound.   Answer Question

Curriculum Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Raleigh, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

For the phone screen, I spoke with a person who is a curriculum designer of the same discipline I was applying for. She asked mostly about my experiences, why I would be a good fit, and a couple of situational questions. She said it would be a couple of weeks before I heard about the next steps, so based on these reviews, I assumed I didn't pass the phone screen. About an hour later, I got an email with the job test. I had a week to complete it.

I felt the job test was an accurate task suited for the position, and I enjoyed working on it. I have experience working for a company that is a competitor, so I believe I was on the right track with my responses. Sure enough, about a week later, I got an automated email saying they were not pursuing me further. I've spoken with people in the EdTech field recently who have confirmed the rumors Glassdoor are true.

Interview Questions

• How would you change a lesson for third graders to make it appropriate for 8th graders?   Answer Question