IXL Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Morrisville, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

First was an email requesting a phone screen. Second, the first phone screen then a few days later the second phone screen. Third, I was called in for a face to face and video conference interview. The company recruiter gave me a tour of the office and then to the conference room.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

Had an initial interview, then was asked to complete a coding challenge, which I didn't have time to complete. The recruiter got back in touch with me to reopen the interview process, which was great since I didn't think I'd get a chance to continue after not completing the challenge. I did two phone interviews, then got another coding challenge, after which I had one more technical phone interview. Overall, everyone I talked to seemed pretty into the company's mission, but I got the feeling that it wasn't very innovative or exciting work (never met them in person though).

Interview Questions

• Code a function that takes in an array of numbers and returns true or false depending on whether there are any duplicates or not.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was contacted by one of the recruiter. She scheduled me next week with the interview. They were very polite and nice. When I was stuck, they gave me some hint as well. The whole process took about two weeks. Interview questions were not hard and nothing unexpected but I didn't do well because I was not prepared.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews and then invited to onsite interview. The process went pretty well. Very nice HR and efficient communication.

Typical Software engineer interview question. Get yourselves familiar with DS and Algo before interview. And some brain teasers!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Mateo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my university's career website. Was quickly contacted about doing a programming assignment. 3 java questions, nothing too hard. After 2 weeks was contacted to set up a phone interview with a developer. He was quite awkward on the phone. Asked me 2 coding questions and 1 brain teaser. I thought the coding questions were pretty silly and the brain teaser was easy. I messed up one of the coding questions though because the answer was a lot more obvious than I had anticipated. After that, I was declined. I was pretty surprised considering I did moderately well in the interview and expressed a lot of interest in the company. Guess they are looking for interviewers who get 100% right, or the interviewer I had was just a total jerk.

Interview Questions

• write a function that prints a random prime number, 1-100   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

Was referred by an employee, the employee actually referred me a year ago, but recruiter somehow decided to get back to me a year later. Scheduled a phone call with one of the lead engineers. Interviewer just followed protocol; just asked the basic screening questions plus 2 basic programming questions. When he asked me when I had questions, which was near the end of the interview, he hadn't told me much about the position or the company itself. I don't understand why they would even interview me if they did not have any interest in the first place. Complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Typical programming questions (remove duplicates in array, printing an array backwards)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at IXL Learning in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through website. Received request for phone interview. Phone interview with someone who was at the company for 2 years, full of awkward silences and he seemed bored. Study your algorithms and only apply if ok with working with a staff that is 75% straight out of college or out of college less than 5 years

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

Applied during a career fair. Had one phone interview and they asked me to submit java code for two questions. Got another interview after that. The interviewer seems running out of questions during the interview because I solved all 3 questions. Then they sent me an email saying that they would like to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Some programming questions more like brain teasers.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

Pretty standard 30 mins phone interview. The interviewer was an engineer from one of the teams. He didn't seem patient from the beginning of the interview. He introduced his team and IXL for 5 mins. Then I gave a brief introduction after he finished. A few conceptual questions. Two technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Madison, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with the recruiter in the university career fair. The same person interviewed me the next day. He was very nice. He asked me a few questions about my resume. then a brain teaser that how do I find the number of cells tower in bay area. Then, two coding problems. The first one is how to know it the first character of a string is capital. The second one is how to know how many times a specific character appears in a string. I came up with solutions really fast. Then, he asked me if I can do optimization with the second problem.
    The next interview has two take home java coding problems. I were asked to return the answer within three business days. The first asks how to determine two sets of strings are equivalent regardless of duplicates and orders. The second one asks how to improve two java methods that generate html codes. I finished the problems and got rejected right after I submitted my solutions.

Interview Questions

• Rewrite two java methods that generate html codes to make them better.   Answer Question