IXL Learning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Membership Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Morrisville, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Two brief phone interviews to screen interest for both parties, followed by a writing test. If these steps are fulfilled sufficiently, you're scheduled for an in-person interview where you tour the office, meet with current employees who work in the position. You also meet with the manager/supervisor and then you perform a job test / interview with the supervisors and the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• What color crayon would you be in the crayon box?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

This company is very disrespectful with your time.

Process first began with phone screen with recruiter. Then moved to a technical phone screen and then 5 hours of virtual onsite.

I finished the onsite very well and for a week the recruiter kept letting me know that the team really liked me and that I performed really well on all the rounds. At the end of the week I was told that they would not be moving forward because they were looking for someone with more years of experience (ideally a manager). What? They literally wasted all my time and effort studying just to let me know that they weren't even considering hiring a new grad when the position that I applied for is NEW GRAD. Don't waste your time here or at least don't give them much effort because they don't value your time.

Front End Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

I completed a phone screen and was told they were not moving forward because I did not have a 4 year degree from a university. This is a valid reason not to move forward, but it may speak to an older mindset for the company.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied online and got an email to schedule the initial phone screen a week later. The recruiter asked to push the call out to the following week and when I got the confirmation, it didn't say who I was confirmed to speak with. I thought that was a little bit weird given that the call was pushed out and confirmed with an unknown recruiter. On the day of the scheduled call, the recruiter was 10-15 minutes late and we ended up speaking for 45 minutes instead of the original 30. She said I was a great fit and would circle back with next steps within 2 days. Unfortunately, I received a generic rejection with no feedback whatsoever. That obviously left me really confused about the company as a whole given that it was different from what the recruiter said, but it was a chance that I took given that IXL recently had a round of layoffs from previous reviews. Definitely approach this company with caution if you're considering applying.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IXL Learning.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me and we set up a time to have a phone conversation. She kept saying how much I was a great candidate and would like to have me speak to the rest of the team. We finally had a phone interview and literally a few hours later she told me they were moving in another direction. She kept saying "the team" even though she was responsible for hiring. I hope this wasn't because I was a person of color, but the interview process was honestly a waste of time and I have never received feedback within the same day.

Curriculum Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning in May 2020.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening interview. The person calling did not seem to understand the content. After that, I was sent a task to complete. The task was challenging and allowed me to "show what I know." However, I received an email that said, "We are no longer hiring for this position." Therefore, what I know is not what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you make a math question easy or harder for a 3rd grader?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (Cupertino, CA) in May 2020.

Interview

I got sent a hacker rank challenge. I got a perfect score on it: I passed all the test cases. It was a bit long, but not too bad. I still got straight up rejected without an explanation.

Interview Questions

• All leetcode/hacker rank medium/easy difficulty problems. Not too bad. You could find them online if you really wanted to.   Answer Question

Human Resources/Recruiting Interview

Interview

Did a couple of phone interviews then an onsite interview. They refuse to give an info on who will you meet or what to prep for. I found out during the interview I was supposed to meet with 5 people total but 2 did not show up. Was rejected the next week with a generic rejection template. They refuse to give any other details. Not worth your time IMO.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (New York, NY).

Interview

After the first phone screen, you are asked to work on a take home assignment which is very vague and time consuming. The take home assignment is something that should be done by a full time employee and to do it properly is going to take you weeks. After submitting the assignment heard back from them in a week. No feedback was given. I wonder what they are doing with all the take home assignments!

Interview Questions

• jelly bean?
      why ixl?
      why ed tech?
      what would you improve in the current product?   Answer Question

Curriculum Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning in April 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with a team member, and then was asked to complete a take home test. I think it's true what others have posted on here about interviewing for IXL. It seems like a good way to get free content and free new ideas from interested candidates. The phone interviewer was definitely just reading from a script, and didn't really care to ask about myself and what I could bring the company. The interview process was basically a fishing expedition for them.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IXL Learning (San Francisco, CA) in April 2020.

Interview

Process was filled with a lot of false hope language. Using phrases like “that was a great answer,” or “that’s what we’re looking for” creates a lot of false hope for the interviewee.

IXL declined me because they were going to go with a candidate that they saw more fitting for the position. A week or two later, the same position is constantly being newly posted, which shows the 1 of 2 things.

1. IXL does not update their systems periodically.

2. IXL uses “found a more fitting candidate” as a way to tell the interviewee that they’re not interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Asked...

- Past experience in event planning
      - Managerial experiences   Answer Question