Iceland Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iceland Foods Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods.

Interview

I handed in my cv in store and got an phone call after a few hours. The interview was arranged 2 days later. The interview in itself was very generic.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Maidstone, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process is divided into four different parts. 2 phone interviews and 2 stages one on one interviews. There was a work shadow exercise involved with current store manager that would help on second stage interview. I found the whole process straightforward and very professional.

Buying Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Initially there were online psychometric test. If successful you get an email with a telephone interview date. The telephone interview lasts approx 15 - 20 mins. I recommend visiting your local store beforehand and talking to a manager to get a deeper insight into the company because a lot of questions are based on in-store experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why Iceland? What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Other offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Contacted by very approachable & professional Iceland recruiter.

Went through current accountability & Key Performance Indicators in present role, after general discussion was then invited to a telephone interview with same recruiter.

At interview discussed present accountability and Key Performance Indicators in much more detail.
    Discussed how current performance is managed & delivered on a day to day basis & how one currently manages own team. Upon successful completion was then invited to a first stage interview.

Performed a SWOT analysis on an Iceland Store & competitor then went through this in detail at the stage one interview.
    Then discussed current areas of accountability in detail, explained how one delivers performance & how one performs in current role. Upon successful completion one then goes to a work shadow with a current Store Manager & then a stage two interview.

One performs another SWOT & then presents this at a Stage two interview.
    This is performed with the Area Manager & Recruiter where it gives you an opportunity to present your findings & again discuss your current accountability & how you deliver performance in detail.

Overall I found the whole process very professional & a great experience throughout at every level.

Interview Questions

• How do you deliver performance   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wetherby, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wetherby, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone screening process which probably lasted about 45 minutes.
    This was followed with an 1hr 30mins 1st stage interview with Recruitment Manager.
    Next stage will have been a job shadow then interview with area manager.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions following a set structure that the interviewer followed.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Oldham, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Manager was great very happy jolly guy made me feel comfortable. I was nervous but once interview started felt relaxed. I would be notify on monday if iv been selected or not fingers crossed

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deeside, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Deeside, Wales (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Following a successful phone interview you are invited to an assessment centre.
    Tour of Iceland and a presentation on the company to start the day.
    A personality test, followed by analysis of some calls, a typing test, and a one on one interview.
    You are also given the chance to shadow some employees whilst they work.
    A brilliant company, friendly staff, lovely assessment centre experience, however declined based on the variable shift hours offered.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stechford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Stechford, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Wore formal wear. Phone call followed by a confirmation email. Took place at Job Centre Plus. Scenario-centric questions. Very brief risk assessment task. Informed I would recieve a call for a follow-up interview in about a week-and-a-half if successful. Recieved an email informing me I was unsuccessful a few days later.

Interview Questions

• (Paraphrased): Describe a situation where you had to deal with an unhappy customer in your previous job.   Answer Question
    • (Paraphrased): List three of the following scenarios (customers at till, spillage in aisle etc.) in terms of importance.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iceland Foods in September 2016.

Interview

They were running late. Two managers interviewing. Both were asking questions and writing down answers. They explained about the job and benefits etc. The contract was 8 hours per week and if you prove yourself to the manager you would get offered more hours. If you dont prove yourself you will be on just 8 hours per week.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time you had to overcome a difficult period.
      Tell us a time you had a difficult customer
      Your shift is about to finish and your still stocking shelves but it must be completed before you leave what would you do.
      Your stocking shelves and a customer approaches you for help and the tills are ringing for help. Which would you do first.
      What motivates you
      How would you encourage customers to come back to the store
      What would your ex boss say about you.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Iceland Foods (Wolverhampton, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview for 40 minutes covering the application process, information about Iceland and why they are looking for managers,then Skype interview 3 days later for 1 hour 40 minutes all competency based regarding KPI's and STAR(Situation,Task,Action,Result)
    Big emphasis on people management and poor performers in particular.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage poor performers?   1 Answer