Imperva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperva Interview Questions

Interviews at Imperva

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Imperva (San Mateo, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with both the HR recruiter and the hiring manager. Both spent a lot of time selling me on the position while simultaneously questioning whether I was really willing to work East coast hours. Most of it was pleasant but when I casually mentioned the company sold an "appliance" (which appeared in their own marketing collateral) the HR recruiter told me that if I ever called Imperva a "hardware company" I would be shown the door. The next day I was told they hired someone who was referred by multiple internal employees. My advice ... don't mention the appliance, even if they still sell it.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work East coast hours?   1 Answer

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

It has 3 steps: recruiter will do a scan phone interview with basic questions. After that, manager and team member interview. Onsite interview with manager of manager and and operation team

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be a factor for a success project?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was 4 different meetings. First meeting with a recruiter, then the HR department. The next 2 meetings were with the direct sales manager and the sales director. The process was fairly straight forward with a a few days of downtime between each interview.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

Applied via Glassdoor. Contacted and pre-screened by recruiting contractor who was actually nice and helpful. A week later, had F2F with a few IT employees. Very friendly and relaxing atmosphere. A few technical questions on DBA and network administration skills, but very straightforward and no 'trick' questions.
    About a week 2 weeks passed, then I was brought back in for a final interview/intro to the IT team.
    Overall, great interview process. Got the position and accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Outside of work, how do you incorporate technology into your everyday life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fair and equitable.

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva.

Interview

Straight Forward:
    - Discussion with Recruiter.
    - Held 1st technical round. The person who was taking interview was outside of office/home. Phone was getting disconnected again and again
    - After couple of days, received an email saying your application has been rejected

Completely waste of time. I don't think they were ever interested to hire a candidate for this role.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions:
      - How long you are working in this company
      - When did you join previous company
      - Why are you looking for job change
      - Do you have any CPQ experience

etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Both the recruiter at Imperva and the hiring manager were professional, friendly and seemed happy at the company. The questions were pretty standard for the position I was interviewing for, and required both a strong marketing background and security background.

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast their products to that of their main competitor   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Very lengthy, it took almost 2 months. After my final interview I had to follow up for almost two weeks to get an answer. There were over 4 phone calls with HR, 3 with the hiring manager, and then group interviews.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood Shores, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First step was a phone screen from the internal recruiter. Then to first line, then second line management for face to face meetings. Skype with WW Sales Exec in Israel. Finished with meeting with division GM.

Interview Questions

• What are my goals to grow and exceed as a sales professional.   1 Answer

Oct 6, 2015 – Head of HR

Thanks for posting your interview experience. The recruiting team aims to provide a positive interview experience for every candidate. We are glad to see that you joined the team!

Senior Software Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperva in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was in several steps. Started with HR and progressed to technical interviews with management and team members, and ends with Senior VP discussions. Very thorough and complete process that should be easy for those with proper experience. Each step was handled professionally and they are very accommodating to your schedule.

Interview Questions

• General Linux administration questions. Examples of commands and shell scripting ability.   Answer Question
    • What type of networking skills do you posses? Go over subnets, netmasks, classes, etc.   Answer Question

I was not able to negotiate from the initial offer. The offer was good, but missing some compensation such as 401K matching.

Jan 15, 2015 – Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your Imperva interview experience. Our goal is to always provide a friendly, professional, and organized interview process with a quick turn-around. Although we... More

Senior Director of Product Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for the Financial Analyst position via an online job board. I was called by an Imperva recruiter about a week later. He and I chatted for about 30 minutes about my background, and then he said he would review with his team and get back to me. About a day later he let me know they would like me to meet with the team in person. I went in and met with the reporting manger and the director at the same time for about an hour. About two days later they made me a job offer. I wasn't sure how I felt about the company and after letting the recruiter know this he set me up with a meeting with the CFO. I talked to the CFO for about 45 minutes and was very impressed with him and his knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any questions they asked me that were difficult to answer.   Answer Question

I was impressed with the people I meet at Imperva, but the negative reviews on Glassdoor and my lack of enthusiasm for the company's product made me decide to decline the offer. Additionally, I felt like the process was too quick and easy, like the company was desperate to hire anyone they could get their hands on with a good background.