Imperva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Imperva Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

3.1

Product Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva in March 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was later contacted by HR. She told me that I will be going to the next step and will be speaking with one of the team members. Had a good chat for close to over an hour. We mostly covered topics around what I have been doing and what are the expected skills they are looking for. After the call was over, I was told that the HR will reach out for the next steps. I didn't see anything for a week and so followed up. I was told that someone from their team will reach out to me but still nothing. Questions were very basic and I was very comfortable answering them. However, I feel like the ball was completely dropped by the company after the initial phone call. No one followed up and said anything even after I reached out twice. No one expects such behavior from a public traded company.

Interview Questions

• Topics - Basic networking, SSL, TCP/IP, Security, Encryption, Man in the middle attack, DNS etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Couple of phone interviews. Then in-person interviews with 4-5 people in office. Everybody was very nice, except one of the managers who could've been my future manager. He was extremely unprofessional and asked questions that are uncalled for ( such as questions about spouse's job etc. ). Pretty much dodged every concrete question I asked about the direction of the company, products etc. Final straw was when they pressured me to accept the offer that very day, before they had even made me an offer in writing. I had been ignoring work culture red flags from the beginning, but this was a bad sign of things to come. So I declined. It was sad, cause the job was a great fit and I liked the team overall. But your manager is the most important person for your in a company and I did not want to work for this guy. He was just trying to assert his authority for the sake of it. Never have had such an experience in my career. If you are going to treat candidates so unprofessionally, how do you expect them to end up being good productive employees.

Interview Questions

• Bunch of questions about my past experience, firewalls etc.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Imperva (Irving, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting a resume and being contacted by HR, had a short call to discuss my experience. Next step a call from the manager I will be working for with some technical questions, work experience, and some information about myself and why I want to work for Imperva. Next step was an in person interview with the manager, then 2 co-workers from the team I will be joining. Last step was another call from the HR rep, then a senior VP phone call wrapped up the process.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were from several categories, such as OS (Linux), Database, networking and security.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Both the recruiter at Imperva and the hiring manager were professional, friendly and seemed happy at the company. The questions were pretty standard for the position I was interviewing for, and required both a strong marketing background and security background.

Interview Questions

• Compare and contrast their products to that of their main competitor   Answer Question

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you.

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me. Started via phone followed by many on-sight interviews. After all the rounds, they changed their mind on what they really wanted. They should be clear in their mind what they want first before starting the interview process.

Interview Questions

• You seem overqualified for this job. Why would you consider this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks
    - Phone screen with the recruiter
    - phone interview with the hiring manager
    - In person interview with the team
    - Interview with the Director
    Offer after a background check

Interview Questions

• Required knowledge of Web application,database security,Linux and network security   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

I applied here for an entry-level position through an employee referral. The phone call with the recruiter and the hiring manager was standard and I was called for an on-site interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager, the VP of customer support, VP of tech support and their architect. Being a newbie, I was very tense at first. The Hiring manager was very friendly and his questions were geared mostly towards accessing my personality-fit with the position. He had already asked a bunch of the technical questions during the phone interview so he didn't do that again. The VPs were great to talk to and they mostly talked about their process and work culture. There were a few personality-fit questions. I struggled through the entire 45 minute round with the architect. He had a straight face with no expression and asked me highly technical, product specific problem scenarios which I had no clue how to answer. I think he wanted to see how my problem solving approach was. Finally, I met with the recruiter who told me that she would get back with the feedback and next steps in a few days. The overall experience was good until this point.

I waited a week and then reached out to the recruiter a few times to get an update. I never heard back from them. I then reached out to my buddy who worked there and had a close working relationship with the hiring manager to see if he can help me get an update. I was shocked to hear what my friend told me about my application there. Apparently, they all liked me and the hiring manager at redwood shores had to get a buy-in from his counterpart in Israel as the two teams work very closely. The manager in Israel had a problem with my religion and pushed back on my hiring. Hence they decided to not look at my application as it was causing friction between the two teams already. This was very disappointing as the people at the office were very smart and nice and I would not have expected this from a company here in the US.

Rather Not Divulge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperva (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

HR Recruiter was semi-polite, used heavy grilling on surface level questions - how long were you at xyz company, what months, how much salary, but never discussed any job specifics. When I asked job specifics the recruiter used dodging techniques and tried to grill me on my dates with previous employers. Received a job rejection letter (email) less than two hours later.

Apr 4, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for providing feedback. Your comments have been forwarded to the recruiting team for their continuous evaluation of our recruiting process.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very positive interviewing experience. They contacted me through a job portal and the recruiter and all others I came across during this time were absolutely great to work with. A recruiter represents the face of the company to a candidate, and she did an excellent job of representing Imperva, the position, and the culture accurately.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult project you have handled and why   1 Answer

Nov 9, 2015 – Head of HR

Thank you for your feedback.

Several Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Imperva (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Too long , they put you through the ringer I had 22 interviews with 4 departments, finally got called to work with PS., I was happy to work with the brightest and smartest , after the 3 week training I felt I wasn't along and they will help make you better The interview process was long and painful finally got into a great company after all you can't please everyone.

Interview Questions

• TCP IP hand shake how it works know all protocols / ports
      SQL injection / CSRF , CSX, signatures and expressions