Imperva Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Imperva

1. Featured Interview

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood Shores, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Wow! This was seriously the most grueling and extensive interview process I've ever undergone. Part of the process was a series of technical and customer-centric writing and testing that took more than twelve hours of dedicated time.

Interview Questions

• All manner and sorts of technical networking, scripting, technical and architectural Qs   Answer Question
    • Provide several online grammar and writing samples which are evaluated and graded in real time   Answer Question
    • Lots of Qs about customer service standards, practices and use cases   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperva.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter reached out to me via email. They use an online tool where you can see the recruiter's calendar and pick a time that works for you.

Interview Questions

• I never got to the interview stage. I suggested a time for a couple days out and the recruiter responded - 3 hours after the interview time. I offered other time options and two weeks later finally got a response apologizing for the delay and asking for other availabilities. After finally setting up a time, the recruiter ended up being a no show and I never got a call or an email regarding what happened.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperva.

Interview

HR emailed me to schedule a phone screening and never called. He emailed me a week later apologizing and to reschedule the phone screening again, but never called. He emailed me a third time to reschedule and to call him if i need anything, when the day came, he never called and when I called him, he didn't pick up.
    This has got to be the most unprofessional HR person I have ever encountered, but that also says a lot about the type of "professionalism" at the company..

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood Shores, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

It was a very relaxing process. I had an interview with two people, which was about 30 minutes each. Each asked me about scheduling and time management skills.

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperva (Remote, OR).

Interview

Applied via website, but also have a relationship with the company. Entire process took about 2 months, but a good portion of that was tied up in some travel and scheduling w the hiring manager and other interviewers. There were some issues/irritations w recruiting around scheduling and communication, but not a game changer and addressed with the hiring manager directly.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions and a panel with a case study.   Answer Question

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

Only had a phone screening that lasted for about 20 mins. Basic question about my resume and if I had relevant experience for the position. Next step is suppose to be an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Initial interview question. How did you hear about this company and quick questions about my background.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant to CHRO, GC, and Chief Financial Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood Shores, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood Shores, CA).

Interview

I had a Zoom interview with the hiring manager, which went extraordinarily well. I really liked him and was very interested in the position. I was asked to come in for the next step interviews in person. In the mean-time I was given an offer from another company that I was looking at, so I called Imperva to let them know I needed to cancel my interview as I was offered another position. The recruiter very nicely pressured me into coming in for the interview anyway, just to see how it would go.
    As it turns out, It went very well, I really liked the hiring manager very much and felt an excellent connection with him and could really see his vision and helping him to achieve it. I also enjoyed the time with the other executive that I would have been supporting, as well as the others on the team that I met.
    After this interview, I was told that I was the only one being considered. I was told by both the hiring manager, in person and in an email, and the recruiter that they were putting together an offer package and that they would get back to me later that day.
    I called and spoke with the recruiter the next day, he said that the execs were in meetings all day and he was just waiting to get his signature and would get right back to me.
    Then... Crickets... This part of the process was completely unprofessional, and rude. If you don't want to make an offer, don't promise an offer. It is that simple.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical questions about my experience supporting different executives.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Imperva.

Interview

Straight Forward:
    - Discussion with Recruiter.
    - Held 1st technical round. The person who was taking interview was outside of office/home. Phone was getting disconnected again and again
    - After couple of days, received an email saying your application has been rejected

Completely waste of time. I don't think they were ever interested to hire a candidate for this role.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions:
      - How long you are working in this company
      - When did you join previous company
      - Why are you looking for job change
      - Do you have any CPQ experience

etc.   Answer Question

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

It has 3 steps: recruiter will do a scan phone interview with basic questions. After that, manager and team member interview. Onsite interview with manager of manager and and operation team

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be a factor for a success project?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Imperva (Redwood City, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

Very lengthy, it took almost 2 months. After my final interview I had to follow up for almost two weeks to get an answer. There were over 4 phone calls with HR, 3 with the hiring manager, and then group interviews.