Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Chris Hylen
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 12 reviews)

• Great people and direct management is great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced environment with a 'write your own path' possibility."

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a HOT market. What we do is relevant in todays current events around the globe and being at the center of it is exciting, educational and intellectually challenging. You really can write your own path through Imperva. Want to expand your role? just work towards it! Want to put in your time and then try out something on the other side of company?.. Prove your worth and you will be supported. Lots of opportunity here.

Cons

There is always a "next thing". If you are waiting for your current challenge to be over so you can rest on your laurels for a while, this is not the job for you. Once you get up on this technology treadmill, you better be ready to hit "10" and keep running until you drop ;-) But that is what I like. It is what keeps me coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Over communicate and keep providing great opportunities for your employees. Its a great team with lots of spirit and drive. Keep recognizing them and they will keep working hard to make this company drive forward in top gear..

2. "Network Enterprise Engineer Irving Texas"

Current Employee - Enterprise Network Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Enterprise Network Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imperva is on-point. When they see a good thing that they know is good for the company, they act quickly and get that good thing integrated in order to be able to provide the value to their customers.

Cons

I'm still new but I'm not seeing anything to complain about now.

"Run for the hills"

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Kitchen with stocked food

Cons

Like walking into a morgue everyday. No personality, no energy. no team culture-environment.

"LOL!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you are at the Director level or higher.

Cons

Not in touch with reality, rabid nepotism, the products are crazy glued together, the goal is keep wall street happy, tremendous turnover, too many things to list.

Advice to Management

get a clue

"Rsm"

Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - RSM in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time

Pros

Cyber is relevant, impv becoming less so evidenced by their stock performance ever since Bettencourt joined

Cons

CRO is awful and rampant nepotism. CEO lives on a different planet.

Advice to Management

Replace CRO; can't hold a conversation or look you in the eye. No one will take him on a legit sales call

6. "It had its ups and downs"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience building job skills, senior management and guidance was excellent, and the job was fast pace and interesting to keep your attention. It was a great introductory company into the security space. I felt like I knew most of the company and mostly everyone's heart was in the right place.

Cons

Some of the perks weren't all that ... perky: Eat Club meals were meh but it's free food, kitchen was somewhat stocked with limited junkfood snacks and drinks, and there weren't a lot of other benefits. Unlimited PTO was nice but wasn't really used as much as it could've been due to work/life balance issues.

Advice to Management

Focus on building on your employee's talents and maintaining who you already have. Do not waste talent on menial tasks.

7. "Opportunities Abound, For Those Ready to Grow"

Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helpful management that is willing to mentor and grow hard-working professionals who've made career shifts. Positive work environment and accountable management. Solutions and product that are worth standing behind. I appreciate the diversity of backgrounds that my coworkers have come from. It makes for a far more interesting, energetic team to contribute towards.

Cons

Market uncertainty has made for some challenging quarters, but ultimately the workforce at Imperva makes it worth it. The commute is exhausting coming from the East Bay.

Advice to Management

Continue to value those who value the company and exhibit loyalty. Maybe allow more telecommunicating for some in roles where appropriate.

Jul 25, 2017 – SVP of People

We are thrilled you are enjoying your Team, Management and your role. Traffic patterns are brutal, please discuss with your manager options that may help alleviate some of your commute time.

"Management has egos - and nothing else."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- lots of opportunity to take on new roles, wear new hats, and do more things.
    - general employee population is nice, not backstabbing etc and willing to help one another
    - opportunity to grow in your field and take on projects with other groups...if liked

Cons

- management is insecure; the second they feel you have an idea better than theirs (even if it results in improvement/more efficiency, you will be shunned
    - low comp compared to other orgs
    - management does not appreciate hard workers - do your work and get out is my recommendation. going above and beyond is not rewarded.

Advice to Management

- realize where you stand in the market and then get over yourselves! you could do so much more if you stopped clocking employees in/out and gave them meaningful opportunities to DO something. reward talent and merit - get rid of the incestuous promotion that happens with israeli employees and no one else.

Jul 25, 2017 – SVP of People

Our goal at Imperva is never to limit our employees’ passion; we are committed to growing our teams internally.

""Difficult place to work, Stay Away""

Former Employee - Technical Support in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Product, Good Health Insurance and Good food in the break room .

Cons

Management has zero respect to employees, very rude and careless talk.

May 10, 2017 – SVP of People

We want our employees to be motivated and happy. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Our customers have indicated that they highly regard our support and services... More

10. "Lead Development Representative"

Former Employee - Reading - Lead Development Representative (LDR) in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, People, Product leader WAF, location.

Cons

Process coordination. LDR Management team based in USA

Advice to Management

Closer process coordination , Marketing vs Sales

May 10, 2017 – SVP of People

Coordinating across countries and time zones can be challenging. Thanks for you feedback so we can further tune.