Imperva Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Imperva President & CEO Anthony Bettencourt
Anthony Bettencourt

Pros
  • Good benefits and work environment with many perks (in 11 reviews)

• Great people and direct management is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of a growing company puts on a bit of a work load, but I don't know that I really see that as a "CON" (in 5 reviews)

• I have been year for just over a year, and the company is growing and evolving (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fast paced environment with a 'write your own path' possibility."

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a HOT market. What we do is relevant in todays current events around the globe and being at the center of it is exciting, educational and intellectually challenging. You really can write your own path through Imperva. Want to expand your role? just work towards it! Want to put in your time and then try out something on the other side of company?.. Prove your worth and you will be supported. Lots of opportunity here.

Cons

There is always a "next thing". If you are waiting for your current challenge to be over so you can rest on your laurels for a while, this is not the job for you. Once you get up on this technology treadmill, you better be ready to hit "10" and keep running until you drop ;-) But that is what I like. It is what keeps me coming to work everyday!

Advice to Management

Over communicate and keep providing great opportunities for your employees. Its a great team with lots of spirit and drive. Keep recognizing them and they will keep working hard to make this company drive forward in top gear..

2. "Lead Development Representative"

Former Employee - Reading - Lead Development Representative (LDR) in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva (Less than a year)

Pros

Training, People, Product leader WAF, location.

Cons

Process coordination. LDR Management team based in USA

Advice to Management

Closer process coordination , Marketing vs Sales

3. "Cyber security is an ever changing environment, Imperva is leading the way!"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Imperva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership and team members to help build your knowledge.
    Cutting edge technology, security never stops, neither does Imperva!
    Great benefits (minus non matching 401K)
    Drinks and snacks provided free of charge!

Cons

Smaller office staff in Irving to absorb the work load
    Non matching 401K
    Weekend on call is a normal workday shift, but, it is paid

Advice to Management

Keep on going, to infinity and beyond!

Imperva Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are always striving to have the best of breed technology and are glad you are proud to be a part of the team. Providing a 401K match is a goal of ours. Thanks for helping us go to infinity and ... More

5. "My experience at Imperva Incapsula"

Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Product Management in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Feels like a startup without the risk and crazy hours, being part of a huge success, small team having a huge impact, great culture, amazing team, very interesting technology

Cons

Duality of a small company that was acquired by a larger company, a distributed team(Israel/US), the stock has seen better times

Advice to Management

Maintain the great culture of the Incapsula team to keep this a place that's great to work at

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard-working people with a great energy. Fun coworkers make work enjoyable. Fast-paced and motivated work style.

Cons

Because Imperva is still in-between a startup and a major company, it has some growing pains. It lacks a solid organization/structure behind some processes and procedures.

"The Truth"

Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Normal tech benefits, some good staff still left after the mass exodus of late 2015 and early 2016, newly renovated building, and solid security product.

Cons

After 2015 when the company was heading in the perfect direction in every aspect to grow to where the CEO predicted with a positive attitude. All the A players (excellent management, top performers, and support staff) left the company due to office politics and a sudden change in a few executive board member coming/leaving. 2015 seemed like the C and D even F players (Sales/Sales Engineers Management Specifically) took over the "Zoo" and stripped the soul of the company (employee's working there 5-15 years left or were forced to leave). Performance doesn't matter, management's attitude is not good, rumors of being sold (look in the news for Imperva), allowing poor performers to stay, and no allegiances to employee's. All the company fun events that gave you energy to work there stopped immediately.

Advice to Management

I don't know where to start, but just because you are good at being an individual contributor does not mean you'll be a good leader.

Imperva Response

Jan 20, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Like with many fast moving technology companies, change and reorganizations are inevitable. Imperva’s performance is driven by our employees and is very important to us. Thank you for the input on ... More

8. "SDR"

Former Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - SDR in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

imperva offers a full suite of security and monitoring solutions for applications & databases

Cons

I was taught to say nothing if I didn't have anything nice to say...

Advice to Management

Keep improving to infinity and beyond . Keep the heart of the company there and happy.

9. "Product Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Product Support Engineer in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Imperva full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of stuff can be learnt here, flexible work environment if you are hard working and have a rapport with the boss, flexible holiday system if you are communicative with your boss.

Cons

Politics, red tape, favoritism, cross team opaqueness, lack of team work, sales team can be totally unreasonable and condescending to support without backing from the support management so you will be on your own there.

Advice to Management

Act and not just listen to the pain points of the support team in order for them to do their work and be more effective.

10. "Excellent Technology, Serving a Real Need"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Imperva (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, no boring days. Product is in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant" which provides for a solid and respected technology base. A lot of freedom to grow, make a difference and add value at all levels.

Cons

As expected, some of the tools & systems will need to be updated to align with growth.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating and remain nimble as our market is dynamic.

11. "Great company with room for improvement"

Current Employee - Security Operations Engineer in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Security Operations Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Imperva full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent collaboration across teams. Very strong product line and position in the industry. Proactive management. Huge improvements/expansion in services and support.

Cons

Has been expanding perhaps too quickly. As you can see from the other reviews there seem to be issues with Sales.

Advice to Management

Keep focus on long term, steady growth and stabilizing sales and the product line.