Imperva Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

208.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Imperva~101738
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "With a major shareholder civil law suite against the company (Don't believe me, google imperva law suite), CEO out, stocks down , major talents jumping the ship, the company is at down fall and will be sold soon.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Managers (C(in 7 reviews)
  • "New CEO is arrogant and does not mingle with the 'little people'.(in 7 reviews)
  • "No respect for personal life.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Post layoffs and there isn't a single person who isn't looking or ready to leave(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Imperva and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Imperva Builds Customer Confidence through Employee Empowerment

Mar 28, 2022 - Senior Manager Training
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most people like knowing that working for their employer means self-empowerment, growth and appropriate compensation for hard work. Imperva's culture encourages professional growth for all its employees and compensates accordingly if you work hard toward achievable goals, and especially if those goals challenge you toward positive growth. I have been with Imperva since 2017 and have since enjoyed 2 promotions. The effort I put towards achieving these promotions had a great deal to do with thinking proactively about the business, looking at areas for opportunity, and taking the initiative towards setting achievable goals. If an employee puts an effort into thoughtful and strategic change, there's plenty of support towards achieving that in this organization. Among the benefits you enjoy at Imperva include: cross-functional team collaboration, managerial support for thoughtful change, good compensation, work/life balance, flexible remote versus office attendance, opportunity to travel, global presence, professional growth and advancement. In summary, if you are seeking an employer where you can be a source for change, grow your professional skillset, and make an impact, Imperva is a great place for that.

Cons

If a paycheck is all you want, then you might find it difficult to work here. Imperva is ideal for people who are self-starters, and self-motivators. You won't find a lot of people here willing to micro-manage which is a great thing for skills growth and positioning for advancement opportunities.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Consider Employment at Imperva

May 18, 2022 - Senior Technical Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is longest stretch of employment since I retired from military service. In being here I have had numerous opportunities for advancement, which I have used to end up in my current position. The leadership has been very accommodating as I had a family emergency and my leadership was able to allow maximum flexibility to handle the situation which gave me the opportunity to provide maximum benefit to my customers during this time. I feel that I am fairly compensated for my skill set and position. Imperva gives credit where credit is due. Each time I have been involved in something that may be huge for the company, I have been recognized in one form or another. Imperva has allowed the flexibility to maintain a healthy work-life balance, which is very important to me. Give access to training platforms allowing self-paced training.

Cons

From what I know, Imperva does not send training classes or boot camps. Would like to attend courses that would allow for more lateral movement within the company.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Second the "runaway from this trainwreck" review

Apr 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented, smart, and experienced people who know their function/job well.

Cons

First, don't think that they didn't ask employees to go pad their reviews with 5 stars after some not-so-nice 1-stars. Don't believe the hype. Secondly, I couldn’t agree more with the March 18 review “Runaway from this trainwreck…” The CEO has single-handedly ruined the strategic culture that was created to her arrival to replace it with one of selfishness, fear, name-calling, and brut force. There’s a win-at-all-cost to set the company up for a transaction, despite the wake of inefficiency, constant change of direction, and exhausted employees who are constantly hearing “it needs to be done yesterday” left behind. The CEO doesn’t have a strategic bone in her body and as a result, she has employees chasing down knee jerk decisions (most of them she doesn’t recall/admit to making later), reacting to her frequent change in mind and cowering to her cit throat, “fear the stick over carrot” approach. Many on her management team and skip-levels are also adopting this style to the detriment of a once-great company.

3 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

The Best Company In the World

Apr 28, 2022 - Business Development
    Business Outlook

Pros

Managers, Pay, Work Life, Benefits, People

Cons

Technical, Salesforce errors, pressure to hit quota

5. 5.0

Excellent Choice I made

Mar 28, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Imperva is a great company to work for. I Love everything about the management (Specially the trust and support from them ) and the team workers. I see many paths to growth, what makes me motivated.

Cons

Not really have something !

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Products, No Direction

Mar 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solutions are still considered top of the line. Great people to work and create with. Cybersecurity is a growing need.

Cons

Most of the leaders do not care about you. You are just a cog to them to get what they want, which is usually different than GTM strategy for that year. There is little to no transparency and the pay has not kept up with the industry.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

It's a Family

Mar 24, 2022 - Senior Sales Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Variety of companies to work with, protected applications and data; quickly become a trusted advisor based on your experience with Imperva solutions.

Cons

Lots of turnover for Account Executives

8. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Mar 11, 2022 - Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Imperva is a company that is always innovating and learning is a constant thing. There is always something new to do. Leadership is great and they really care about the employees and teamwork is outstanding

Cons

can't think of any con!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

life at Imperva

Feb 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Life is not boring at Imperva. Whatever problem you are solving today is different than the one you figured out a year ago. And you are surrounded by a team of helpful and smart people to work on it with you.

Cons

Hackers are constantly figuring out new ways to get at customer data. You definitely need to bring your A game every day.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Mar 25, 2022 - DC Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance, competitive compensation, and opportunities to grow

Cons

I don't have any cons to put here at this time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 472 Reviews

Imperva Reviews FAQs

Imperva has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 490 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Imperva to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Imperva employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Imperva. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

83% of Imperva employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Imperva 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Imperva to be career development, culture, coworkers and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Imperva Job Seekers