Influence & Co. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Influence & Co. Interview Questions

Interviews at Influence & Co.

2.5

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Influence & Co. (Columbia, MO).

Interview

I submitted and application. Then got a response after I sent a follow up email. I was asked to interview and then told via email a week or so later that they wanted to hire me for an internship. I accepted. It was a great experience. Process took a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly standard. Asked me about my previous experience and what qualified me for that position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Interview

Very friendly and easy to talk to over the phone, Needs to work on following up, however was polite and apologetic. Applied twice. Once for Account strategist, was told I lacked the experience for the client they had in mind but was then told to reapply in a couple months when a Content Strategist position was available. So I reapplied and was told yet again that I lacked experience. Why tell me to reapply knowing my experience from the first interview? The reason I applied to this company is because I have heard that this company is a great place to start in the marketing industry, however, come to find out, they are looking for more experienced people like everyone else. I plan to keep in touch and keep reapplying once experience is gained. This seems like an awesome company to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Influence & Co. (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

20 min phone interview, followed by an in-person interview a couple of weeks later with a VP and Creative Mgr, and final interview a couple of weeks after that with two Strategists and the VP of Strategy. Really personable and honest interview process; I've never had such consistently open and transparent interviewers. Terrific conversation, really progressive/creative thinkers, and appears to have truly earned the high scores on Glassdoor from their employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Influence & Co. (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call. It was a bit of a challenge getting in touch with HR, even with a scheduled call. Had to reschedule because she was busy. She was apologetic and nice.

Account Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Influence & Co. in May 2016.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview with Diamond and during the phone interview she already seemed disinterested from the very beginning which made it a bit difficult. Basic questions were asked but it seemed like she had made up her mind before she even picked up the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Influence & Co. (Columbia, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview was brief and casual. The recruitment agent was very friendly and made the interview fun. The second interview took place in person at the St. Louis office with two managers. I was required to complete an Article Topic exercise prior to the interview. This interview was also very friendly and provided a good initial look into the company. We discussed basic interview topics and went over the exercise.

I made it to the final round interview for which I was required to go to Columbia, MO to meet at their headquarters. I was interviewed by two 'higher ups' who were also very friendly. The interview was great and I was impressed by how they conducted themselves. Every step of the process gave me a very positive impression of the company. Although I wasn't offered the position, it is still a company I would love to work for.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Influence & Co..

Interview

Definitely not a typical interview. The interviewer seemed either very inexperienced or they had already decided on someone else. The interview process consisted of 5-6 questions total. Then she just kept asking if I had more questions for her and gave very short answers. For example, when I asked what a typical day was like for an editor, the response was "meet with clients."

Majority of the questions were about what I thought about their company and content marketing and barely touched on my skills and experience and how it would apply to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Influence & Co.? Tell me about what you do. What do you like about content marketing? What do you like about Influence & Co.?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Influence & Co. (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted the next day for a phone interview. The interviewer was attentive and friendly, and we talked more about the company/position, why I'd make a good fit and salary requirements.

After this, the interviewer sent me an edit test to complete. I received the green light on that shortly after, and we scheduled an in-person group interview. Both members of the interview were friendly, and the interview itself was free of any trick questions. I was then called in for a final group interview (this time with different members of the ICo team).

The interview process as a whole was a very positive experience. I appreciated how prompt the responses were during the interview process. I was never left hanging, and it's clear that there's respect for each candidate's time.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Influence & Co..

Interview

Was contacted to schedule a phone interview within hours of applying online. The interview was short (15 minutes) and had the standard interview questions in addition to some fun, personal ones. I was not offered the position because they said they went with candidates who had more digital marketing experience.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Influence & Co..

Interview

Super friendly phone interview. The recruiter asked general questions and then did a good job of explaining the company culture and why I might be a good fit. The whole thing lasted maybe 15 minutes, and gave me a good idea about what the company was looking for. In the end, my salary requirements were too high for the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one task or talent you've learned in the last 6 months?   Answer Question