Infragistics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Infragistics Interview Questions

2.6

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infragistics (Cranbury, NJ).

Interview

Telephone screen and then an in person interview with several people. In person interview was at their main office in the boonies. Large headquartered building with no receptionist, just a phone where you call whoever you are meeting. Large building with hardly any workers there.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff on your background. Everything during each interview is eventually typed into a central interview software program. They say they use it because they interview so many people. Work related and experience questions.   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Interview

One phone call, brief conversation reviewing my skillset, followed by an explanation of the team I'd be joining and a short list of concepts to briefly familiarize myself with before I arrived. Overall, simple and friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your language skillset / are you familiar with C# ?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infragistics (Princeton, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. After about 2 weeks, heard back from an HR rep who set up a phone screen. I decided not to continue after it was disclosed that the internship was unpaid during the phone screen.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Infragistics.

Interview

Applied through school. Phone screening and then in-person interview with manager and Team Lead. Phone screening was mostly just understanding goals and talking about Infragistics. The interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Basic OO questions. They are not going to grill you but you should come prepared.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranbury, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Infragistics (Cranbury, NJ).

Interview

Individual interviews although sometimes a few people will team up.

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Infragistics in June 2015.

Interview

The whole process took around 3 weeks. I submitted my CV through LinkedIn and contacted the Hiring email posted in the opening. The first time I went, the discussion was mainly background and general questions. I was given a task; feedback was given during a second interview. I got a call with an offer a couple of days later.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job were you doing in your company? What were your responsibilities? What kind of software did you use?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an easy process, HR was very responsive.

Interview

Several thirty minute interviews

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Infragistics (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was "chaotic". Multiple interviews with multiple players in the company both in the USA and in Bulgaria. Two independent interviews with different HR personnel (why?). Questions were repeated, which meant they were not communicating internally. Interviews cancelled or rescheduled. N concern for the amount of time the process was taking. I don't believe they have a deadline when this position need to be filled by.

I spoke with some other candidates that went through the same process and our conclusions was that Management Board in the USA did not know what happens in Bulgaria and was not sure of what they actually needed in a GM in Bulgaria.

The position for GM might be left unfulfilled for a long time to come as it seems the USA management is unsure what they want in the function. Meanwhile Infragistics competitors are having a field day in the ability to steal developers from Infragistics and gain in popularity from the simple fact Infragistics USA is unable to make a decision as to whether they actually need a leader in Bulgaria, which of course they do.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult but they don't ask questions. The operational team seemed to know much more about what they needed in a leader and asked practical and logical questions whereas their managers in the US were in a different universe.   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infragistics (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were handled via email only.
    There were 3 interviews:
    1. A technical interview with the team leader, a senior developer and one of the architects (basically a person with experience in the company). There were a lot of questions, the technical ones were well-structured, but the non-technical ones were rather arbitrary (some were concerning my integration in the team). Prior experience at a similar position was appreciated, but experience with the tools and technologies of that were to be used on the new position was very highly anticipaded (because it was very hard to come by).
    There was a "homework" task the completion of which would determine if the candidate would advance up t othe next interview. Applicants for senior titles were given a taks as well, but it had to be done on a work laptop in the office for 3 to 5 hours (depending on the position).
    2. A second follow-up semi-technical/semi-integrational interview with one of the american managers (always via a conference call). The questions were more theoretical, rather than technical, testing out the logic and experience of the candidate.
    3. A final wrap-up interview with the general manager of the office where work conditions were discussed. The then-acting general manager (Didka Duneva) was very friendly and positive - she stressed on the benefits of working in the company, both in the technical and social aspects. The only thing that can be taken as negative was that the salary question had to be answered then and there. This was rather unexpected and rather stressful, because there was almost no feedback on how well the enterviewees had perceived the candidate. Thus answering the question almost blindly was very cruicial and stressful. (There is an emerging practice of asking "how much do you want?" over an email so that it can be answered after careful thought and without stress.)
    In overall, the interviewing process was out of gear for the most part and the amount of uncertainty between the interviews was uncessarily high.
    An HR specialist has stepped in since 2011 which allowed for changes in the interview process (for the better, in my opinion), but further improvements can still be made.

Interview Questions

• Is UI automation important and is it justified?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A bit over what I had proposed (I was asked to make an offer without knowledge of how well I had done at the prior interviews), but being assertive while proposing will be considered a plus and will result in higher initial salary.