Infragistics Software Engineer In Test Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Infragistics

1 Interview Review

4.0

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Infragistics (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in October 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were handled via email only.
There were 3 interviews:
1. A technical interview with the team leader, a senior developer and one of the architects (basically a person with experience in the company). There were a lot of questions, the technical ones were well-structured, but the non-technical ones were rather arbitrary (some were concerning my integration in the team). Prior experience at a similar position was appreciated, but experience with the tools and technologies of that were to be used on the new position was very highly anticipaded (because it was very hard to come by).
There was a "homework" task the completion of which would determine if the candidate would advance up t othe next interview. Applicants for senior titles were given a taks as well, but it had to be done on a work laptop in the office for 3 to 5 hours (depending on the position).
2. A second follow-up semi-technical/semi-integrational interview with one of the american managers (always via a conference call). The questions were more theoretical, rather than technical, testing out the logic and experience of the candidate.
3. A final wrap-up interview with the general manager of the office where work conditions were discussed. The then-acting general manager (Didka Duneva) was very friendly and positive - she stressed on the benefits of working in the company, both in the technical and social aspects. The only thing that can be taken as negative was that the salary question had to be answered then and there. This was rather unexpected and rather stressful, because there was almost no feedback on how well the enterviewees had perceived the candidate. Thus answering the question almost blindly was very cruicial and stressful. (There is an emerging practice of asking "how much do you want?" over an email so that it can be answered after careful thought and without stress.)
In overall, the interviewing process was out of gear for the most part and the amount of uncertainty between the interviews was uncessarily high.
An HR specialist has stepped in since 2011 which allowed for changes in the interview process (for the better, in my opinion), but further improvements can still be made.

Interview Questions

• Is UI automation important and is it justified?   1 Answer

Negotiation

A bit over what I had proposed (I was asked to make an offer without knowledge of how well I had done at the prior interviews), but being assertive while proposing will be considered a plus and will result in higher initial salary.