Insight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 11, 2018

2.6

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Questions were not asked properly, very simple questions that were asked in a very complicated way. Not sure I walked out of there understanding what the company does. They were very kind, however, not a place I would consider pursuing.

Interview Questions

• How would you learn to use the tools that were given to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

20 minute interview.
    Manager had no clue as to what the job entailed and could not provide details of what the day to day responsibilities would be.
    A giant series of buzzwords and catch-phrases.
    Got the position, but feel I've wasted years here.

Interview Questions

• "Do you know what a batch file is?"
      What? Not even remotely related to the position or even the context of the conversation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

The interview was very brief and easy. I showed up on time and was asked easy questions. They did most of the talking and I listened and asked questions. I would recommend anyone to apply to this company and give it your best shot.

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The employer very nice to make a short tour for me to look at all the space in the company and then he ask my background and then he ask to talk to the project in my portfolio.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Insight (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

They were two rounds. One was HR round and the other was technical round. Questions about my research and project work. Questions on the coding challenge. I didn't get selected for the first interview (winter session). They gave me another chance (spring session) and the questions asked were quite different from the first. They said they would update the result to me in 2 weeks but took around 4 weeks and it was a NO.

Interview Questions

Insight Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for writing this review. We are so appreciative that you took the time to interview with us. Please email glassdoorfeedback@insight.com, we would love to speak to you about ways... More

Recruiting Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

The recruiting team at Insight was very helpful and proactive in the process. A Pre-Screen, 1 on 1 interview, then 2 on 1 interview took place and all within a couple weeks I was emailed an offer letter!

Interview Questions

• What was my experience regarding the role that I was applying for?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter first who asked some high-level questions about the position and what salary I was looking for. She assigned a marketing project assignment. While she was wonderful to speak with and very knowledgable about the company culture and health benefits, I am never a fan of salary questions right off the bat--without knowing more about the position, I can't accurately answer that question. Furthermore, while I understand skills assessments are necessary, I truly wish recruiters would STOP assigning "homework". It's a bit disrespectful of candidates' time, and there are other good ways to assess knowledge!

I submitted the project and got an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the manager, whom I spoke with for about 30 minutes. Various questions about my experience and position. The manager provided a ton of great information about the department and position, as well as normal operations and pace of the department.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tampa, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Took bit long month or so but well worth it. Went through 1 phone interview, 1 in person, following 2 more phone interviews with different people. Overall it was a lengthy interview process it was one of my top picks so im excited

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Insight in September 2017.

Interview

Started as a clear cut process via recruiter but ended up dragging out 2 months. 7 interviews in total - recruiter, hiring AM, in person & 3-4 team interviews. Ultimately they hired an internal candidate and it would have been nice to be cut loose before they selected that person versus investing so much time and energy in interviews that weren't going to result in a hire. Internal candidates always trump external.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Tampa, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with 2 team members in my area to discuss day-to-day and work life. Then I met with a Practice Manager for a in depth technical interview, followed up by a hiring manager interview.

Interview Questions

• All sorts, mostly in depth Cisco related questions on the technology I would be supporting.   Answer Question

Insight Response

Apr 2, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback, and we are so happy to have you be a part of the Insight team!