Insight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Insight Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

The interview was very brief and easy. I showed up on time and was asked easy questions. They did most of the talking and I listened and asked questions. I would recommend anyone to apply to this company and give it your best shot.

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insight (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

The employer very nice to make a short tour for me to look at all the space in the company and then he ask my background and then he ask to talk to the project in my portfolio.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Insight in January 2018.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter first who asked some high-level questions about the position and what salary I was looking for. She assigned a marketing project assignment. While she was wonderful to speak with and very knowledgable about the company culture and health benefits, I am never a fan of salary questions right off the bat--without knowing more about the position, I can't accurately answer that question. Furthermore, while I understand skills assessments are necessary, I truly wish recruiters would STOP assigning "homework". It's a bit disrespectful of candidates' time, and there are other good ways to assess knowledge!

I submitted the project and got an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the manager, whom I spoke with for about 30 minutes. Various questions about my experience and position. The manager provided a ton of great information about the department and position, as well as normal operations and pace of the department.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Insight in September 2017.

Interview

Started as a clear cut process via recruiter but ended up dragging out 2 months. 7 interviews in total - recruiter, hiring AM, in person & 3-4 team interviews. Ultimately they hired an internal candidate and it would have been nice to be cut loose before they selected that person versus investing so much time and energy in interviews that weren't going to result in a hire. Internal candidates always trump external.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Insight (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview with a junior associate. Started promptly. Interview conducted as round table. Minimum conversation about resume, more focused on the personal aspect of being authentic and skillful. Questions varied to stifle preparation.

Interview Questions

• What would your friends say your strongest characteristic is?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

Phone screen with Recruiting Manager, phone and in-person interviews with Department Managers, in-person interviews with Executives that I would support in the role. The whole process took about 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Very professional interviews with questions centered around professional experience, education, and exceptions of the role.   Answer Question

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Insight (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Very attentive and straightforward as to what type of company I would be working with and what they expected from me. This is what I was not allowed to do at my last employer after almost 5 years of dedicated service.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Insight.

Interview

After a recommendation from a Senior account executive I was scheduled for an interview with the local manager, a Sales Rep was also present. Initally I applied as a summer intern ( ended up getting an offer for a full time position 3 months later ) . After introductions, I handed them each a copy of my resume. To my surprise the next topic of discussion was when my start date would be and what I would be responsible for. After we finished that discussion we talked about Hourly Wages, dress code, ect..

* Note this was an interview for an Internship, I'm sure the interview process for other positions is much different.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight (Tempe, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

I was asked to interview three times with Insight, the last time was a panel interview with the director of the TX plant. I was asked to present a 30 60 90 day plan, the interview went well and I was offered the position on the spot.

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insight in May 2017.

Interview

The process is as follows; After you apply online, Recruiter reaches out over the phone to see if you could be a fit for the role. Phone interview with the hiring manager is scheduled a week after the conversation with the Recruiter; If that goes well, you have a technical interview a couple of days after.
    An unprofessional process overall, probably because they are still sorting out the transition/merging of DataLink. There is lack of communication on what the status of the role is, to the point that the position can disappear or the requirement changed, but you will not know this for a while after you have done rounds of interviews.
    Lastly, while you apply at Insight, the interview conversation is focused on Datalink.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you advice to a customer with such and such problems and/or concerns?
      2. Tell me more about this technology   Answer Question