Insight Reviews | Glassdoor

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management frequently lacks understanding of the roles of individual contributors" (in 27 reviews)

• "Work life balance sometimes gets hectic" (in 12 reviews)

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Consultant I in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My favorite thing about Insight is their commitment to employees. They really push their culture of Hunger, Heart, and Harmony, allowing employees to be the best they can be. The majority of benefits are good and they offer 401k match. I feel that the work I do is valued and appreciated.

Cons

I think communication is a little lacking, especially in the hiring process. Sometimes you don't hear anything or get updates for a long period of time. Additionally, I wish used PTO could be rolled over to the next year (only allowed in California).

Advice to Management

Get better at communicating with your direct reports. Sometimes I feel like I'm forgotten about if there isn't much going on.

Jan 21, 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the 5 star review and for the wonderful feedback. The values of Hunger, Heart and Harmony and Insight's culture are very important. Thank you for your concern regarding the hiring... More

"Great company, excellent benefits, and inspiring work culture"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Insight is a very rewarding experience. Insight ensures the best possible experience for candidates when they interview for a position, throughout the hiring and onboarding process, during the training period, and in a supportive manner as an employee amongst ~7,000 employees around the world. I received considerable support from my team members when I needed it or didn't have experience with a particular product, system, or practice. If I needed help, I wasn't afraid to ask for help.

Insight's core values are hunger, heart, and harmony - for a good reason, too. They are there qualities that really represent the quality of work and supportive camaraderie shared by the employees. It was a very positive experience working with my team members and paying it forward when I had the opportunity to support my team members, to lend a hand even when a colleague doesn't necessarily ask for help, and to share knowledge and experience with a client, partner, or coworker.

I highly recommend this company as a top employer.

Fair and equal pay aligned with the industry market average salary. The benefits are superb. Company-matched 401k for 3%. Free AD&D and Life insurance. Very affordable short and long term disability coverage benefits. Very affordable legal services for personal use. Healthy living and wellness campaigns are not forced upon employees to participate in order to avoid higher insurance premiums. There is even a company support fund that will help an employee or an employee and his or her family during a time of emergency, crisis, financial and emotional hardship.

Cons

Not one I can think of.

Advice to Management

Hats off to Insight management for being supportive, educated, optimistic and positive about the future of the business and for recognition of the tremendous value each team member can provide for the best of the best in technical solutions, expertise in a wide range of products and systems, and typically expertise in more than one subject domains and/or technologies utilized by businesses across the globe.

Jan 14, 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Wow! Fantastic review and thank you so much for giving Insight a 5 star review. Thank you for recognizing the supportive management team and for valuing the teammates that you work with and the... More

3. "Lots of opportunity for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to take on more responsibility beyond your job description, but make sure that if you're raising your hand, you're willing to do the work! I've really enjoyed how closely the marketing team works at Insight. Leadership is extremely approachable, and willing to listen to feedback. I've been impressed with marketing's ability to turn processes on the head if they're not working and continue trying new ways to have our team collaborate in the most efficient and fruitful manner. It's also impressive that for such an established company, Insight has been able to shift their overall business model to focus on innovation and what's going to keep them at the forefront of the industry for years to come! I love working with such an intelligent team committed to changing the world through technology solutions.

Cons

With any large company, there is a decent amount of turnover. I'm not sure this could be avoided though.
    With high turnover, it seems that there is a lot of work to be done on improving the speed and ability to hire backfills to make sure the team isn't overworked in the meantime.
    For a technology company, teammates aren't given a ton of access to the latest in workplace technology outside of our laptops. I'd like to see more innovation in the tech we are working with in the office, including mice, monitors, conference room technology and other peripherals.
    The Insight office is extremely outdated!
    Not a lot of opportunity exists to negotiate salary during a promotion or performance-based raise, so make sure you're happy with your starting salary!

Advice to Management

Spend as much time cultivating current talent as possible. And get a new office!

Jan 21, 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the 5 star review and for providing your feedback. Thank you for acknowledging your supportive, knowledgeable management team and that you enjoy working at Insight. In regards to your... More

4. "Satisfying employment"

Current Employee - Buyer in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Buyer in Addison, IL

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fun, positive environment.
    - Flexible hours.
    - No micromanagement.
    - Use best tools in the industry.

Cons

If you are a strict "I always leave on time every day and will not work overtime" kind of person, then you'll be disappointed about 4 weeks a year for quarter ends.

Advice to Management

Keep your finger on the pulse. You're doing a great job reacting to what we need right away.

Jan 21, 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the positive, 5 star review. We agree that Insight is a very fun, and positive place to work, and the hours and work-life balance are very flexible. If you are having concerns... More

"Insight Tries Hard To Take Care of Employees"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Insight for 3 months now. I've really enjoyed it. Everyone is nice, but driven. They try hard to take care of their employees. I frequently hear about people changing positions because they wanted to learn something new or thought the position aligned better with their goals. They also seem to promote from within. For this position, they use a project management system which helps the projects run smoothly. Manager schedules one on ones twice per month so you always have a chance to discuss any issues, best practices, and goals.

Cons

For this position, it currently seems to be mainly task work. The strategy is already delivered to you via a campaign specialist. However, Insight is trying to shift the strategy to the digital marketing specialist so time will tell. Although the title says digital specialist, you are mainly an email and landing page specialist. This is because there is a paid media team, a social media team, a web team, and an SEO team. Their position titles are a little weird as there are so many different marketing specialists and marketing managers. This makes it hard to tell who does what.

Dec 31, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your position and the skills that you have learned so far. Thank you for choosing Insight. If you're having... More

"Diluted the margins"

Current Employee - Pre-Sales Systems Engineer in Addison, IL
    Current Employee - Pre-Sales Systems Engineer in Addison, IL

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teams in AZ, technicians and warehouse people are much smarter than the leadership recognizes. Business has plenty of growth potential with right technical base and strategic actions.

Cons

Growth directions set at the corporate level do not translate to execution level with the sales and operations side of the business. That is every sales opportunity is treated as a priority and when eveything is priority the business pulls in higher risks sales and that dilutes the margins.

Advice to Management

Develop a true stragtegic plan and follow it vs. shifting priorites based on a un verified 'hope' that you'll get awarded new business from an uproven potential client. Build the correct technical infrastructure 3 to 5 year tasks to technically anticipate and meet the market's technical expectation. We don't have that now and we scramble to get programs up and running. With limited technical expertise the business is missing the correct growth opportunites and is selling anything and, I mean anything (charis & projectors) and at any price to anybody that waves a purchase order in front of us.

We need to build a strategy and follow it: Focus more to get runners on base moved in to scoring position vs. trying to swing for fence all the time and making diving catches. That gets leads to burn out of your best and brightest and the wicks & the wax are buring low on both ends.

Jan 15, 2019 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We make every effort for transparency of our strategy and growth objections to all of our teammates, and make every attempt to stay on course... More

7. "Large diverse"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good corporate presence. Sting executive management

Cons

Inconsistent practices across different regions. Not always good communication between departments

Dec 31, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to write a review. We agree that Insight has a great corporate presence in the marketplace and it's management team have a strong vision of... More

"Excellent Organization"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely engaged in employee development; Extremely responsive management, market-acceptable pay, TONS of room for advancement and internal movement if desired.

Cons

Occasional disconnect between "core" business (h/w reselling) and field service personnel, but no significant impact; just lack of understanding between depts.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and communication. Excellent alignment between company goals and industry trends/direction. Be sure to recognize, praise, and distinguish company success based upon performance from different business units.

Dec 17, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for giving Insight a 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you appreciate the employee development options that Insight offers and the internal... More

"Great place to work with wonderful people and a solid plan from management!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very collaborative environment. Everyone is willing to help each other accomplish the goals.
    A well thought out strategy and roadmap for where the company is going in the future. It is nice to know that plans are in place.
    Everyone is clear on their roles and responsibilities and do them with great attitudes. I like that you know what is expected and there is no guessing games.

Cons

Change is constant, but it is actually a good thing. I know some folks have trouble with this, but it is a fact of life and is necessary to stay relevant and alive in business. If you are no adapting to your environment (as a company or a teammate), then you will not see any positive growth. These are exciting times for me.

Dec 17, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for recognizing the constant change that Insight offers. Insight has a fast-paced working environment that changes to meet the demands of it's customers. Versatility and flexibility are... More

"Opportunities have been amazing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Insight close to five years and have professionally grown during this time. This has been possible due to leaders who believe in teammates and their capabilities as well as Insight leadership helping the organization continue to positively evolve and embrace the right work. I've worked at many organizations where this doesn't really happen and this has made the difference for me.

Cons

With great opportunity, always comes great challenges. If you can face those and collaborate to tackle them together, then nothing is insurmountable.

Dec 17, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Another great 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to respond and by highlighting the great leadership you've experienced at Insight to help you grow in your career. We appreciate it!... More