Insight Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2020

Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck
Pros
Cons
  • "No incentives to hard work upper management falls into their positions(in 29 reviews)

• "Problems with Low Pay especially within the industry(in 22 reviews)

1. "BOne of the Best Places o work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leadership, Corporate Culture, Benefits, Teamwork

Cons

Bringing other divisions together in a more efficient way.

July 27, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for giving Insight a 5 star review. We are happy to hear that you value Insight's leadership and the values and culture that the company has to offer. The benefits and the flexible work schedules are also just some of the great values Insight has to offer! Thank you for the review.

2. "Under paid, poor high deductible plans, lack of advancement"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice place to work, people are cool, some of the projects are staff augmentations and they are typically brutal

Cons

Poor pay, easy to get lost in the shuffle

August 3, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've enjoyed working with a positive team. It's also important to note that Insight's pay scale is competitive to it's competitors within the same industry and Insight's benefit offerings are also comparable. Thank you again for your feedback.

3. COVID-19

"Average Company affected by the Pandemic"

Former Employee - IT Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

I wasn’t discriminated by the company because of my gender. Job was not overly difficult and it was adaptable to work from home. It was gainful employment. All and all, the company is not terrible but not 5 star. I would rate it as average. As with all companies, they provide a service and you as an employee are part of that product/service. Keep that in mind.

Cons

Healthcare benefits were expensive and coverage wasn’t great. Payroll clocking system was convoluted. Be prepared to use a notebook to track everything that you do. Job was not overly difficult or challenging. There was no growth to develop my career.(They do have development programs, but I had to seek that stuff out myself. Management never encouraged me to develop further although I continued to apply internally and take company educational courses.) I never had a performance review. Don’t expect any pay raises when starting out. According management around me, you have to wait several years so you might be stuck at the same wage even if you switch to a different role. Management was pretty hands off. I think I only spoke to my manager about 7-8 times(3 times verbally; the rest of the time in emails/chat) during the course of the project prior to the pandemic. The pandemic has hurt this company all around and that's not their fault. Job security???

August 3, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We believe our culture is awesome, and we’re happy to see you listed that as a positive. Our culture and values drive everything we do. At Insight, we hire, promote and otherwise treat all teammates on the basis of merit, qualifications and competence, and not on the basis of their gender, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. Regarding pay, we work hard to make sure our compensation is competitive and strive to reward teammates for their contributions.

4. "Lots of employees perks!"

Former Employee - Director, Client Operations in Irvine, CA

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employee recognition, continued education, good benefits, great leadership.

Cons

Large company and employees are easily expendable.

July 14, 2020Recruiting Manager

We are so happy to hear that you valued Insight's employee recognition program and that you saw the value in how important it is to recognize Insight employees who demonstrate the values of Hunger, Heart, and Harmony at Insight. Thank you for also highlighting Insight's benefit packages and positive leadership as well. Thank you for the positive review.

5. "Decent Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible, great workforce, decent pay, advance technology

Cons

Too many acquisitions, internal competition

July 6, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the review. Thank you for recognizing the work/life balance, positive working environment and the use of technology at Insight. These are just some of the great benefits that Insight has to offer. We appreciate you giving Insight a 5 star review and for providing your feedback.

6. "Thanks Insight"

Former Employee - Billing Resolution Specialist in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment. Too bad they're corporate office is in another state.

Cons

Wish they would have kept me

July 6, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for giving feedback while you were at Insight. We wish you continued success in your career and thank you for providing some positive feedback.

7. "Good experience"

Former Employee - Solutions Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tons of opportunity to grow and learn new technologies

Cons

Big company so its easy to get lost.

June 15, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to hear that you have been able to find other opportunities for growth with other departments within Insight. Insight does a wonderful job of offering internal job opportunities to all internal employees who are interested and it's great to hear that you find value in that as well. Thanks for the feedback.

"Nice place to work, but underpaid and you never know if you'll be let go on the next friday."

Current Employee - Sales Engineer I in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers, nice managers, great PTO, and most training available.

Cons

constantly buying companies and screwing over existing employees. Bad pay. Managers not technical but give you instruction without knowing what they're talking about. Fire people left and right including great engineers.

June 22, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your honest feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working with your teammates and that you value the relationship you have with your mangers, as that's always important. If you have concerns around your current position, we recommend that you have daily conversations with your manager or with your HR Business Partner to see if they can help answer your questions. Thanks for your review.

9. "A very employee focused company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Conway, AR

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Insight really bends over backwards for it's employees to make sure they are in the best position to succeed and thrive in their role. I've never seen a sales job that came with such good benefits as well as a coaching centered approach to the job instead of the high turn over rate of most sales positions.

Cons

Depending on the site you work at or your desired career path, it can be difficult to find a way out of the sales roles once in them. The entry level account executive role is a great stepping off point if you want to pursue a career as a manufacturer focused resource/sales contact for reps or management. But if sales isn't your thing, even if you excel at it, it's difficult to find a way out of having a number hang over your head in other positions.

June 8, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you find value and appreciate the coaching that you have received so far in your current position. If you are interested in other opportunities within Insight, please reach out to and have those conversations with your manager to see what your options are. Thank you again for the great review.

"cdct management is bad"

1.0
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good people in the company

Cons

cdct management is bad to focus on there owen dollars

July 6, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your honest feedback. Thank you for recognizing the positive people that you worked with while at Insight and we are happy to hear that you found value in those that you worked with. Thanks for the review.

Found 772 reviews