Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Insurance Australia Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Interview

+ Director seems nice
    + Initially it runs smoothly
    + Many technical questions asked (70%)

- Lack of opportunities to showcase abilities
    - Constantly interrupted candidate with questions
    - Interviewer argued with a flawed belief

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

The interview was thorough with a whole range of questions which included some technical questions and some which required some lateral thinking. Also gauging how you would fit culturally wise

Interview Questions

• Why is a manhole circular in shape?   1 Answer

Property Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Brisbane (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online through SEEK and received a email offering a phone interview. During phone interview I was asked a mixture of behavioural and scenario type questions. Offered to come in for a group interview.

The group interview consisted of a group activity, psychometric testing, 1:1 interview and a mock phone call.

That afternoon I received a phone call to come in for a 2:1 interview with IAG HR the following day. They asked similar behavioural/scenario based questions.

The next day I received a phone call to reference check and perform a probity check.

3 days later I received my formal verbal offer which I have now accepted.

The entire process took 1.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group in June 2017.

Interview

Following the application via SEEK, the selection process went along the following path;
    1. Video Interview
    2. Interview with Recruitment consultant and member of team
    3. Interview with prospective manager
    4. Reference checks (x2, online questionnaire)
    5. Probity check, including Police Check
    6. Verbal offer of employment, pending outcome of probity check
    7. Formal
    Offer

Interview Questions

• How would you go about engaging with new stakeholders   1 Answer

Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Brisbane (Australia)).

Interview

Psychometric testing to be done online during given time frame , interview face to face with panel and phone interview before and had to do a mock call as well.

Interview Questions

• Example of going beyond customer expectations   1 Answer

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Behaviour questions, interviewed by 2 finance managers;
    They had a question sheet and went through the questions one by one, and taking notes while you gave answer
    not conversational, very few eye contacts

Interview Questions

• Go through the resume, introduce yourself
      Tell us how you deal with difficult work?   Answer Question

Customer Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Apply online with your resume + cover letter and just fill out some general details

2. Few days later, received an email for a virtual phone interview. Basically 9 questions - mix of behavioural and scenario-based questions. Recommended to spend 15 minutes but there's no time limit and you were allowed to re-record an infinite amount of times.

3. Invitation to a face-face (2 on 1) - About 8-9 behavioural questions

There was no questions about why you wanted the role, what you know about them or whether you had any interest in financial services.

Interview Questions

• Q) A time you delivered exceptional/outstanding customer service
      Q) A time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker. What did you do?
      Q) Tell me about your roles and duties in your most recent job   Answer Question

Customer Claims Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Potts Point (Australia)

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Potts Point (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online got call from Hays for first round of interview . Successful candidates wer asked to come fr assessment ... Assessment started with HR's presentation then a group activity happened (hr keeps note on ur team management and communication skills) next is an online assessment of 30 mins and then the HR will take one on one interview along with a mock call .If successful you will be sent to IAG's office in paramatta for final round .this will be a 2:1 interview ... Interviewers will ask behavioural questions and will take notes of ur answers.

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruitment agent was very courteous and helpful in scheduling quick v-con interview with people based in Melbourne. Just one round of technical-cum-managerial interview. I was told the outcome straight away. Got offer letter within a week. Best part was that at that point of time, they waited for 2 months for me to join.

Digital Labs Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Insurance Australia Group.

Interview

They require me to record a 90 seconds video to upload to YT or Vimeo. I understand the video can be set as "unlisted" however it really bugs the hell out of me in terms of privacy. This is also the first company in my experience that requires me to upload to a public platform which seems very cheap to me, since all other companies use online interview platforms. Moreover, that "challenge"? See the interview question below, I think they are just trying to get free ideas. Terrible. I decide not to proceed my application.

Interview Questions

• You have been given a grant of $100,000 to Help make your Community a Safer Place. Utilising your education and experience come up with an innovative idea how you would utilise the money.   Answer Question