Intact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intact Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

Actuarial Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intact (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interviewer first introduced the details of the position, and then asked some behaviour questions and then some technical questions, it was conducted by two people. The overall process is very smooth and the interviewers are very funny.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come to our company?   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intact (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview that last about 30 min. One week later they sent me an e-mail letting me know that I wasn't retained for the interview stage. They didn't explain why. 1 week after receiving this e-mail they contacted me to see if I was still available and interested by the role. They finally reviewed their criteria and decided that they wanted to meet me ( after letting me know that I wasn't a good fit for the role ). I found it odd but I was interested by the role so I decided to go and meet them in person. They day after the interview they asked me to come for a final interview a week later. The final interview went well however a few days later they called me to let me know that they decided not to move forward with me because I didn't have the right profile for the role. They seem to be very flip flopping in their decision process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough role you had to fill. Tell me about your recruitment process. Tell me about your sourcing strategies.   Answer Question

Interview

Very professional. It allowed me to outline my personal strengths through my responses. The interview questions asked for examples of how i have, in my previous roles, displayed the skills required for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to make a decision on behalf of a team. What was the decision. How did the team respond.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intact (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was really friendly. He asked some hard technical questions, so you should prepare accordingly. The interview took around 45 minutes, it wasn't awkward at all it was actually pretty fun. Had fun

Interview Questions

• if you own an home insurance company, and a catastrophe happens what do you do?   1 Answer

Junior Programmer-analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intact.

Interview

The position I applied for was supposely available in Montreal. It was not the case because at the end of the process they told me that I would need to travel 1-2 days per week to St-Hyacinthe. Too far for me and it was not written on the job description. HR was all mixed up with too much people involved in the recruiting process.

At the first interview, incompetent IT manager who knows almost nothing about technology (don't know what is an Android app or ERP system).

The 2 last managers who interviewed me were more competent, but they had too much attitude stating they are the best in IT and that they will compete Google. I really think they are far. Although, the interview with the HR consultant was better.

Interview Questions

Too far and too much attitude stating they are the next Google in IT.

Sales Advisor/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Intact (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

3 steps,
    1 telephone interview to qualify you
    2 in person interview to meet and get to know you
    3 background check , including drivers record, insurance, criminal , credit , education and employment

Interview Questions

• Do you require any accommodation for disability ?   1 Answer
    • Salary is $30,000 to $40,000 are you ok with that   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to stand firm on your position and say no   1 Answer
    • What would your former supervisor s say about you ?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Interview

Quick behaviour-based, went over my resume and got a call back a week later with the job. Essentially just a quick summary of my school experience, work experience and why I wanted to try software dev.

Interview Questions

• when did you last experience difficulty in getting a particular task done, and what steps did you take to succeed?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intact (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview 45 minutes. Chatted about insurance and the industry and position of interest. Asked how I heard about Intact and what are some of the positions and or licensing I have or am working on. Asked about how many days I am looking for and when would I be able to start, if chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with no supervision? What would a previous employer say about you?I   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intact (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice. First is a technical interview about Java Implementation of a idea. The second round is about behaviour question. they ask questions like How would you define stress and how to cope with it and described how teams are divided and which one I would prefer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intact.

Interview

- Applied online
    - Phone interview / discussion (they confirmed I was ok with the salary during the call and explained some benefits)
    - 2-on-1 interview at their office

(The process has now changed to group interviews)

Interview Questions

• Many behavioural questions. Very straight forward and expected for a role in customer service.   Answer Question