Integrated DNA Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Production Technician I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, casual, and comforting. I went in pretty nervous because this was my first interview at a biotech industry for a lab position. I was bummed out for a while, since I am a student and was applying for lab assistant-type positions for over half a year, so I really did not want to fail my interview.

However, me being nervous was a waste of energy and the managers were great to talk to. The interview was about 50 minutes long, but only because the interview turned more into a conversation, so time went by quickly imo.

Interview Questions

Integrated DNA Technologies Response

May 26, 2017

Thank you for writing a review about your interview process. More importantly, welcome to the IDT team.

Research Scientist II Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview first with general interview questions and questions about my career experience. Then I had a three hour in person interview with 7 different people (not all at once). Toured the facility.

Interview Questions

The salary is not even close to what I would expect. Mediocre benefits at best.

Production Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (Coralville, IA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed to schedule an interview the next week. Went in for the interview and was asked behavioral questions for about half an hour. Was called and offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions

Integrated DNA Technologies Response

Jul 24, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for writing a review about your interview experience. Almost two years, congratulations!

Order Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (Coralville, IA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from an assistant manager who proceeded to conduct a short interview. Upon completion of the interview I was invited in for an interview with both the assistant manager and manager.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about you that you don't want us to know?
      A lot of situational questions about what you have done when confronted with a certain situation.
      What do you look for in an employer?
      What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question

Production Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (Coralville, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

The whole process took less than a week. I applied online. The next day I was called for a phone screen. They immediately asked if I wanted to come in for an interview and I interviewed for the position two days later. The interview was standard, and if you're a good person with a good attitude and a good outlook, then it will all work out. A week after that I was offered the job and emailed a letter of offer. This was a really quick process, and it was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   1 Answer

Product Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies.

Interview

IDT is a great company, very efficiency. I got an phone interview first with manager and a group member. I got the onsite after a week. The onsite interview runs for half day and talked to several different higher level person.

Interview Questions

• They had an written test to verify whether my written communication skills are OK.   Answer Question

Production Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (Coralville, IA) in May 2014.

Interview

Called in for an interview two weeks after applying online. Received a quick tour of the department before having one-on-one interview with the manager. A lot of questions about my work style and what I expect out of a company / management. Offered the position a week later and accepted.

Synthetic Biology Product Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through a referral for this position. Contacted for a phone interview after 2 weeks of sending my resume online. The phone interview was done by the Hiring Manager and a second employee. Not really difficult questions. Needed to wait more than 6 weeks to know if I made it to the face-to-face interview. After several follow-up emails, they told me the chose another candidate.
    Very poor communication with me as a candidate after phone interview.

Synthetic Biology Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (Coralville, IA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online received a phone call the next day to interview. Interview was 45 minutes 2 on 1.

Interview Questions

• They asked weird questions that I was not prepared for. What is your favorite childhood memory?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Integrated DNA Technologies (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I have not interviewed in some time so I am unable to submit this information. They do have a guide given by HR for interviews so I am sure that it is comparable to the industry norm. There is room for classes to be given to ensure everyone is on the same page for the interview process and that way the hiring practices can be uniform across the board.   1 Answer