Integrated DNA Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Walder

Pros
Cons
  • Because of little or no advancements at all, people leave after staying few years (in 4 reviews)

• Production Scientist work is very easy and a waste of a Bachelors degree (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great work enviornmet with wonderfull coworkers"

I have been working at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent PTO bank/ paid holidays
    Great work life balance

Cons

Pay is on the lower end

Feb 13, 2017

Thank you for the taking to write a review about your experience at IDT.

2. "Coralville location"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

I have been working at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, good benefits, and an innovative company to be involved in. The entry level lab jobs, typically are younger graduates from the University of Iowa.

Cons

Lab job pay is on the lower side compared to other similar companies. Currently transitioning from being a private to a public company, which comes with changes along the way.

Advice to Management

Keep employees informed of changes and the reasons behind them ahead of time. The pay compensation could be improved upon (higher percentage of raise). Incentives to stay with the company for a longer period of time.

Dec 19, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review. Please be assured we are working hard to improve both compensation and communication at IDT as we grow and expand rapidly. Compensation ... More

3. "Some good, some bad"

Current Employee - Material Handler in Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Material Handler in Coralville, IA

I have been working at Integrated DNA Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits. Good people. Sometimes yearly bonus.
    Decent pay. Flexible hours.

Cons

Managers suck, they are mismanaged in some departments. No one returns emails. No laddar movement.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with actual management experience.
    Pay could be better. Get rid of negative enployees. Be more involved.

Dec 13, 2016

Thank you for your review. Each and every comment, whether good or bad, is important to us. We are always aiming to make IDT a great place to work.

5. "Why IDT?"

Current Employee - Professional in Coralville, IA
    Current Employee - Professional in Coralville, IA

I have been working at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry leader. International business. Relatively young company with great opportunities. Stable and growing. Quality products. Laid-back environment. Friendly, helpful, and intelligent coworkers. Employees take pride in what we do and how we do it.

Cons

A large percentage of managers "grew up" at IDT and have little or no "real life" work experience at other companies which has its advantages and disadvantages. Currently, there are many large initiatives happening simultaneously; this is stretching departments and employees beyond capacity.

Advice to Management

Take a step outside of your comfort zone and make a conscious effort to get know employees at all levels. Increase communication (top-down) and celebrate accomplishments as a whole.

Dec 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at IDT. Your honest feedback is very much appreciated.

6. "Suffering from Outsourcing"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nearly none towards the end, but it was a great place to work for the first 5 of over 6 years I was there.

Cons

Many people, who were great employees, lost their jobs due to greed and outsourcing starting in Q3 2015. Consider working here as volatile as somewhere like ACT. Seek at your own risk.

"Entry level out of College"

Pros

Management and staff are very friendly and outgoing. Very easy to take vacation and flexible hours during the week. Not very stressful.

Cons

Employees from bottom all the way to the top are underpaid. Corporate leadership is inexperienced.

Advice to Management

Company can feel segmented at times. People need to feel connected and understand the big picture goals. Incentive workers more and the company will continue to see high growth rates.

Oct 17, 2016 – Recruiting Coordinator

It's great to hear you are as proud of the employees, and the relaxed culture at IDT as we are! Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review. Please be assured we are working hard to ... More

"Good Work, bad benifits"

I worked at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time

Pros

work was engaging and employee input is valued. clean work environment with access to some of the latest equipment.

Cons

benefits and compensation were laughable. expected to work overtime, though this wasnt too bad as an hourly.

Advice to Management

better compensate your employees, especially in the realm of health care

Sep 13, 2016

Thank you for your review and comments as they are very much appreciated.

"Intern - Coralville, IA"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Pros

My work schedule was very flexible and accommodating. I was able to stay on track with my school program while working part-time and then going full-time during the summer and breaks. Also, the hiring process was swift and straightforward. I was given lots of opportunities to help work on complex projects. Getting time off when needed was never a problem.

Cons

The pay definitely could have been better, but I couldn't be choosy given my level of experience and the flexibility my position afforded me with school. Also, departments had little pressure to meet deadlines which I felt at times hindered overall productivity.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more; I think that may have been a reason for some of the turnover while I was there. Also, the level of overhead at times was a bit excessive.

Jun 28, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review about your internship experience at IDT. Your candid comments are very much appreciated.

"Production Scientist"

I have been working at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time

Pros

Management is great, very responsive to employee feedback. Fun, flexible environment to work in. Exciting to be working in such an important field.

Cons

Salary and bonuses seem to be on the low end compared to similar jobs. If on second or third shift, it can be difficult to switch to different hours without having to take a pay cut.

Sep 8, 2016

Thank you for your honest feedback and the 5-star rating. Your comments—both pros and cons—are very important to us.

11. "A very happy long-term employee at a fantastic biotech company"

I have been working at Integrated DNA Technologies full-time

Pros

One of the core values of the company is "Create your own opportunities", and that has definitely been the case for me. As a young man, I was given an opportunity in the Shipping department and now, almost 17 years later, I play a significant role in the Marketing department.

Cons

I do not have a negative to share, other than what I have included below for advice to management.

Advice to Management

Communication and visibility from upper management could be improved.

Jun 28, 2016

Wow! 17 years! Thank you for the great review and your nearly 17 years of service.