Island Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Island Hospitality Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.5

Dual Sales Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was very informal. It was a simple conversation! I was even offered the job on the spot. Once I started talking with other employees though, my interview process was very different than the norm.

Director of Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Island Hospitality.

Interview

It was a joke! Had to jump through all these hoops despite experience of over 7 years! They act like they are some elite huge company which they can't come close to Hilton or Marriott managed hotels! The interview process was also ridiculous how is some 30 year old guy playing a big shot going to determine how good someone is when he its clueless about the overall market!

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Island Hospitality (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

The first interview was just a conversation and the Gm said during this process that this job makes her want to run in the middle of the street and get hit by a car. Second interview was with regional and was very easy and the typical hospitality questions.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Island Hospitality (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

Waited about two weeks after applying to receive phone call to take personality test and express interest in interview. Completed test immediately and had scheduled phone interview time with Regional Manager. AT the time of interview, after she did not pick up the call, I received an email apologizing and saying a meeting popped up and we would have to reschedule. After attempting to email two times to reschedule, with zero response, I finally called and asked if there was still interest. She said there was and we, at that point, rescheduled. Interview was on the phone, and lasted about 90 minutes - was very normal.

I was then scheduled to meeting with the Regional VP, who flew in for the interview. This interview lasted only maybe 20 minutes and I did not get a great sense one way or the other how it went, being that it was so short.

After a week or so, I emailed the initial manager politely asking if the position had been filled. Waited another week, emailed the VP politely asking for an update. Another week, emailed them BOTH with the same question. I never received a response.

While I am ok getting beaten out for a job, and I am understanding that sometimes a person isn't a great fit for the position, I can not understand how executives can get to this level without enough decency to let someone know what's happening with the position when they have asked directly three different times over the course of 6 weeks. I feel like i may have dodged a bullet with this one...

Revenue Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Island Hospitality.

Interview

Applied through Hcareers.com, got an email request for a phone interview which covered several subjects related to revenue management and the hospitality industry in general. The interviewer was very understanding and made the process very easy.

Interview Questions

• If you are well prepared and has been a part of the hospitality industry you should be able to answer all the questions asked.   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Island Hospitality (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

You speak to the GM, and then take a online assessment test. Then if they want, they have you speak to the Regional and then corporate.

Interview Questions

• They ask if you know how to read a STAR report.   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Island Hospitality (Tucson, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

Paper application is filed and submitted to location. Manager of some sort will call and set up interview. Interview will take place in hotel lobby. A job will be offered after interview or they will call you. They don't call to say you did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think your previous experience prepared you for this position and in what ways?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent (Night Audit) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Island Hospitality (Savannah, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met with General Manager, HR Manager, and Front Desk Manager for 10-15 minutes. Basic interview questions. They knew i was interested in Management level so they told me all about how they could help me achieve that goal within my first year.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where you're incredibly busy checking guest in, an unhappy guest comes to the desk with a complaint. How do you make each individual guests experience better?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Island Hospitality.

Interview

You will go through a series of interviews. The first one will be a phone interview with a regional manager. You are then required to take a test and answer lengthy questions...If you pass the test/questions you will then move on to the in person interview with another manager. Before you are hired you must talk to the company president Tim Walker. He will make the final decision if you are a right fit for the company. Then you will take a drug test and also go through a background test.

Interview Questions

• how extensive my knowledge is in dealing with P&L,as most of my job was following budget and trying to achieve the highest profit margins.   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Island Hospitality (Bellevue, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

Awkward. One interviewer was really good and seemed like a great person. The other person sat there awkwardly without even introducing themselves or saying anything for the duration of it the interview. Didn't even introduce herself. Aside from her. Straightforward and simple. Only lasted maybe 20-30 minutes, basically for them to gauge your personality and make sure you knew how to use a computer and could talk to people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer