JELD-WEN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at JELD-WEN

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 57 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at JELD-WEN (United States)

Interview

Travel assistance paid for overnight trip, 5-6 interviews over the course of 2 days. Very welcoming and informative. I learned a lot about the company. The managers value communication and attitude a lot, which explains the extensive interview time, which included meals and discussing hobbies, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Are you interested in living in Klamath Falls longterm?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at JELD-WEN (United States)

Interview

It was quick. They were friendly. It was not difficult. They should have asked more questions. It was an okay experience. It was good. Today is a good day. I need 30 words

Interview Questions
JELD-WEN
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at JELD-WEN (United States)

Interview

Employment agency set up the interview. Screening, industry questions, technical questions/test, personality questions. They asked a few hypothetical questions to gauge my ethics. After that, I described what some of my goals and standard would be with that company.

Interview Questions
JELD-WEN
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Toronto, ON) in Jan 2020

Interview

Intial connection with a recruiter on LinkedIn. Intial message and two phone calls. Then two interviews with Jeld-Wen. First with team managers, then with HR and a senior leader.

Interview Questions
  • Define what you think a product managers role is.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (United States) in Jan 2020

Interview

It was an incredibly simple interview where they review your experience and basic qualifications. The interview setup was a little confusing because they interviewed me for two different branches of the same role, but overall the interviewers were very courteous and thorough with expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stayton, OR
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Stayton, OR) in May 2019

Interview

I was contacted over the phone by a recruiter to do a brief introduction. After that, I was scheduled for an initial phone interview with an HR leader. The HR leader did not call at the time of our scheduled phone interview. I reviewed my communication and saw that everything was correct (just to ensure that I'd not made an error). After 15 minutes without a call, I emailed the recruiter to explain the situation, and politely ask if I'd overlooked something, etc. I even waited to see if it was a time zone error on behalf of the HR leader (who was physically located on the opposite coast with a 3 hour time difference), but I never did receive the phone call. Approximately 3 hours later, the recruiter replied to my email to say that the HR leader "apologizes for missing your appointment with you, she was rushed into a meeting. Are you able to connect (at a later date/time)?" I replied with my understanding, and my updated availability for the reschedule. I did not receive a response. Two days later, I emailed again asking for an update and provided my availability so that we could reschedule with the HR leader. I did not receive a response. Three days later I emailed again asking for an update and whether or not I should provide additional availability. 14 minutes later I received a response: "We will not be rescheduling at this time. I’ll be in touch if that should change. Thank you for your patience and interest in Jeld-Wen." There was no explanation, and there was no empathy or apology for the lack of communication, etc. I am grateful that it was not an automated response from a DONOTREPLY address. I'm sure there is a logical explanation for how this all played out. However, I am disappointed in the process, and in the unprofessional way that this was conducted. It's unfortunate that companies feel the need to discard potential employees in such an offhanded manner.

Interview Questions
  • My brief introduction only included a discussion about relocation and about the area where the job was physically located, and that they were excited to interview me.
Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in Apr 2019

Interview

The hiring manager reached out to me after being put in touch through a mutual connection. I had two pleasant phone interviews with the hiring manager before accepting the offer and being asked to complete the additional requirements (background check, drug screening, etc).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Grand Prairie, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

The interview was a panel with the plant's H.R. Business Partner and the Production Manager. This hiring managers were very excited about explaining the operations, and value professional who are able to present a consistent performance, which shouldn't surprise factory talent recruiters. interacting with direct reports, indirect reports, peers, and the leadership.

Interview Questions
  • What can you (I) do to gained the report of my teams, and prevent unions from establishing?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in Mar 2019

Interview

Phone Screen by HR, Phone interview by Hiring manager, 3rd in person interview with other employee from the company not the group. The people interviewing you at the last interview are not in the group you would be in nor do they ask auditing questions.

Interview Questions
JELD-WEN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in Jan 2019

Interview

Applied online and had initial phone interview, a few weeks later drove to Charlotte headquarters for next rounds. Interviewed with HR representative and head of finance. Basic behavior and past experience questions. Lunch was provided but you had to eat with other candidates which was interesting.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when someone in a group or at work was not contributing as much to the project. How did you address the situation?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 57 Interviews