JELD-WEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

The process consisted on an initial telephone call, followed by a telephonic interview, mostly non-technical stuff. I was told there would be two more rounds, an online personality test which I took ultimately and an on site interview, which never happened. They offered me the job without an onsite interview.

Had better option.

Inventory Control Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in January 2014.

Interview

Brief, to the point. well explanation of the job description and requirements. The general manager was very friendly. They even give you a small tour to the plant.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most transparent that I have been involved with. First contact was with the internal talent management group; initial phone screen discussed position details in enough detail to enable a broad salary discussion as well. Each interview phase and next steps were very clear.

Interview Questions

• Discussed position needs, work-style preferences. They were very interested in finding a candidate that was a good two-way fit rather than simply someone who could fill their needs but would be unhappy in the company culture.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

Three step process of skills test, personality and integrity test and in person interview

Interview Questions

• The integrity test surprised me it's hard to imagine that could give you an accurate look at how much integrity a person has.   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive experience! The recruiter was in consistent contact and always followed up with he advised he would. Very friendly. The questions were very detailed and well thought out. I give this process an A+. Great team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions regarding Supply Chain processes and procedures   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

No structure in questioning, responsibilies were never clear once hired. Interview and company appears inpressive on first impression, new hires given little direction, company like to drug test, and random drug test.

Negotiation

Poor, company is rebounding from home-building industry downturn, could not meet the area's industry match. Negotiated 2,000 more annually.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Recruiter, then GM (site visit), then two VP's. Process took a few weeks start to finish. Really not bad at all for an international company. Very positive impression of site manager and staff. Just not the right time for this particular move. Nothing negative about the interview or the company. I believe they are sincere about turning the business around and treating their people professionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe your management style   1 Answer

Personal decision based on other offers closer to existing home. Thought I was ready to uproot but I need a few more years to make that career move when both kids are in college.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grinnell, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Grinnell, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out application, called back for interview 2-3 days later. I was interviewed individually by one person. He went over all aspects of the job, brief background of company, the companies expectations for me while doing my job, and in their employment. was told would be notified whether I received job offer or not.

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't doing their share of the work what would you do?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN.

Interview

in house interview with 3 people. On site interview. Not very professional. Did not feel at ease. Short interview. Did not feel good about the company or job. Would not work there.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Bend, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair which led to various phone interviews with plant managers across the country. Went to one in person interview which followed a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 traits a good leader should possess. Which of these traits do you think you have?   1 Answer