JELD-WEN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JELD-WEN Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.5

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in August 2017.

Interview

Ramp up in production so they were hiring over 100 production workers. I applied 2 days ago, had an interview today and drug test tomorrow. I anticipate starting work within a week. Starting pay is $15 per hour.

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Hired through a recruiter. Phone interview with recruiter, then one with manager, then one in person with manager and group controller, then phone interview with HR Director. HR director interview made no sense.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

I first got a call from Jeld-Wen's Talent Acquisition Manager, Tom, for a phone interview. Then another phone interview was given by the Project Managers. After that, I was invited into the office for a face to face interview with the Project Managers. A week later, I was asked to come in and interview with the hiring manager and another member of the team.

Tom, was on point and was in constant communication with me along the process. The entire team was very personable and easy to get along with. I am excited for my new career and the opportunities ahead of me. It truly seems like a great team and I am proud to be a part of it.

IT Product Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Bend, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I first had a 30 minute phone interview with a talent acquisition specialist from Charlotte. The next week I had a 45 minute interview with the two manager and the supervisor for the position. They sent me two assessments to complete online, one was a personality test and the other included grammar, simple mathematics and pattern recognition. In total the assessments took about 70 minutes. After they reviewed the results I was invited for a 3 hour onsite interview in Bend, OR. This interview included a face to face interview with the two supervisors and another test. This one was a programming aptitude test, it was timed and took 75 minutes to complete. After completing the test I was told that they would get back to me in a week. After a week and a half of not hearing back I attempted to get a hold of them via both phone and email for an update, both of which were ignored. After another week I yet again tried to get contact them, this attempt was also ignored. Three weeks after the face to face interview I received a generic rejection email saying that i had not been selected for the position. The entire process took about two months. I would not recommend applying to the company.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions in the interview were very vague questions about how I would act in certain situations, however there were not sufficient information to answer them effectively. It was obvious that the interviewers were unprepared for the interview, at one point in the interview they even said that they had not even prepared any questions.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Bend, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a career fair which led to various phone interviews with plant managers across the country. Went to one in person interview which followed a plant tour.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 traits a good leader should possess. Which of these traits do you think you have?   Answer Question

Senior HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Klamath Falls, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

It wasn't a brief process. First a phone screen with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then the divisional director. Then they flew me out to the site to meet with the hiring manager again, the benefits manager, the VP of compensation and the plant manager. The day after I returned home I interviewed by phone with the VP of HR. Two days later I got a blanket "no thank you" email. No feedback or phone call.

Interview Questions

• Through all stages the questions were very particular to employee relations. There seemed to be almost no focus on anything else and no concern about the capabilities beyond ER.   Answer Question

Senior Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive experience! The recruiter was in consistent contact and always followed up with he advised he would. Very friendly. The questions were very detailed and well thought out. I give this process an A+. Great team to work with.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions regarding Supply Chain processes and procedures   1 Answer

Global Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR rep after submitting online. Short screening interview with HR. Next was phone screen with hiring manager. Hard to get a word in edge wise. Weeks waiting for next step. Invited to headquarters for face to face. HR rep barely had time time to say hello. Offered nothing about the company. Good interview but hiring manager did most of the talking. Told there was two other candidates. Presented a 30-60-90 day plan and a template for policy. Hiring manager asked me to stay and participate on a team call regarding a project. Had good interaction. Waited weeks again for next step. Told there will be interview with 2nd level VP supervisor. Waited week for call. Just rehashed hiring manager questions. HR rep was virtually absent during the process. Didn't get invited to 2nd face to face with General Counsel. Process seemed to be made up as it moved along.

Interview Questions

• Do you like coming into a position where you are building the capability?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JELD-WEN in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one of the most transparent that I have been involved with. First contact was with the internal talent management group; initial phone screen discussed position details in enough detail to enable a broad salary discussion as well. Each interview phase and next steps were very clear.

Interview Questions

• Discussed position needs, work-style preferences. They were very interested in finding a candidate that was a good two-way fit rather than simply someone who could fill their needs but would be unhappy in the company culture.   Answer Question

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grinnell, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JELD-WEN (Grinnell, IA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filled out application, called back for interview 2-3 days later. I was interviewed individually by one person. He went over all aspects of the job, brief background of company, the companies expectations for me while doing my job, and in their employment. was told would be notified whether I received job offer or not.

Interview Questions

• If someone wasn't doing their share of the work what would you do?   Answer Question