John Crane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.4

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton, IL).

Interview

Formal with engineering director and supervisor engineer after meeting with Human Resources director who went over companies benefits package and process that I would go thru and that drug test would be required if an offer was extended

Interview Questions

• What I can bring to the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Crane (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and then was emailed to set up a brief phone screen with the recruiter. I was then emailed a week later to come in for an hour, onsite interview. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were very informal and conversational. The only downside might be that with such short interviews, you don't get a great feel of the company/ position.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Got an email to schedule phone interview. Talked with HR manager for about 15 minutes about internship experience, research experience, background. Also talked about the role and region.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a Phone screening from a HR recruiter before actual interview. They ask me about my background, Education and Visa Status in the end. Middle of interview they asked me question regarding to Labview.

Global Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at John Crane in September 2015.

Interview

1. Multiple emails and phone screen from HR about 3 weeks after I applied.
    2. After successful phone screen I was scheduled for an in-person interview. This interview time was changed twice after I agreed to the time (to accommodate the interviewer's boss who actually didn't show up in person) so I had to take the day off work. If I didn't fit both interviewer's schedules, it was made very clear that I probably wouldn't be considered.
    3. Interviewer that showed up was falling asleep during the interview. Obviously seemed disengaged.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with constantly changing priorities at your current position?   Answer Question

Planner Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Took hours with 3 different people after weeks of planning, Talked to people from different departments.I didnt even write back, meat grinder is then name of the place. They ask very much on your past and how it applies to them. Questions are in depth

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

applied after saw posting on LinkedIn, process toke 2 days and got email for setting up phone screen with HR. Also i setup interview asap on Friday after got email on Thursday.

Interview Questions

• general question, about previous work experience, and education.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Four people including one w/ an HR manager. Interview was easy and basic questions were asked. I was only there for about 2.5 hours. It began with the HR recruiter who briefly phone screened me. I then went on-site.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cost experience? What systems have you worked with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little on the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fast. It lasted for about an hour. Questions were not really basd on skill but on communication to manufacturing engineers. A big project is underway and they want someone who is not experienced but someone who will sit in back and watch and possibly program like we did in the early 2000's.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't have a plan of questioning for me other than explain a project you have worked on.   1 Answer

Customer Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial communication was through phone by the HR. After 2 weeks I got an email to setup an interview with the hiring manager. The interview was nice. He asked me about the past experiences.