John Crane Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Planner Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Took hours with 3 different people after weeks of planning, Talked to people from different departments.I didnt even write back, meat grinder is then name of the place. They ask very much on your past and how it applies to them. Questions are in depth

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly fast. It lasted for about an hour. Questions were not really basd on skill but on communication to manufacturing engineers. A big project is underway and they want someone who is not experienced but someone who will sit in back and watch and possibly program like we did in the early 2000's.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't have a plan of questioning for me other than explain a project you have worked on.   1 Answer

Buyer Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at John Crane (Providence, RI).

Interview

Was a great interview. Local group and chicago was a class act. Felt comfortable with the management, had a great six-sigma program in place and solid continuous improvement efforts. The multiple interviews were point at topic and looked for fit in the family as well. Unfortunatly, my division was closed and moved overseas.

Interview Questions

• How many thousandths are in an inch ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nice and respectful

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at John Crane.

Interview

Do not waste your time. H.R. doesn't know the where the job is - told me Morton Grove it was in Chicago. Do not give them a salary upfront because HR will ask. Still got invited in but I literally payed for parking/transportation and wasted time to be ghosted.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at John Crane (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and then was emailed to set up a brief phone screen with the recruiter. I was then emailed a week later to come in for an hour, onsite interview. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. The interviews were very informal and conversational. The only downside might be that with such short interviews, you don't get a great feel of the company/ position.

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a Phone screening from a HR recruiter before actual interview. They ask me about my background, Education and Visa Status in the end. Middle of interview they asked me question regarding to Labview.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in human resources. When I was being interviewed, I first met with human resources to go over schedule, etc. about the position. I then met with the head of the department I would be working in. That was about a 45 minute meeting. There was then a graphic design test to make sure I knew the programs. The test was administered in Quark. Their technology and computers are very outdated in each room. They are also still working with CS3. After I floundered my way through the test (I think Quark is a waste of time and everything should be done in Indesign, especially in a global company), I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult was the test in Quark. I hadn't once been in Quark before the test, something I mentioned clearly in my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was absolutely no negotiation. They wanted to run a background check, credit check, and do a urine drug test. I thought this was extensive for someone sitting behind a computer who wouldn't be dealing with money or machinery, but I complied.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview was very easy, very friendly and was asked to take a test on my skills in basic photoshop, indesign, illustrator and quarks . Very friendly and asked basic questions, it all seemed very relaxed and felt very confortable throughout the process.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Four people including one w/ an HR manager. Interview was easy and basic questions were asked. I was only there for about 2.5 hours. It began with the HR recruiter who briefly phone screened me. I then went on-site.

Interview Questions

• Do you have cost experience? What systems have you worked with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little on the offer.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morton Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at John Crane (Morton Grove, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

the interview process was very short. Besides the human resources, they were very slow and took forever to get back to me regarding the drug test and screening process. The interview in itself took maybe 15 minutes asking questions directly from resume. Overall I wouldn't worry about getting grilled as there were only 1 person interviewing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not long at all