KIXEYE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at KIXEYE

Sort:

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview and we did it over the phone. The interviewer was late and quite frankly, sounded uninterested in what I had to say. The process was pretty standard and the questions were nothing that I didn't expect.

Interview Questions

• Why did you specifically pick Kixeye out of other gaming companies?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KIXEYE in February 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the position's direct reports as well as the department head after being screened through a recruiter. It all happened on the phone over the course of a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you address an interdepartmental conflict with stakeholders from another team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Met with several of my peers on the team I was to be working with and then had a 2nd round that ended with meeting the CEO for a 1:1

Interview Questions

• Had to describe possible solutions to three different game-related problems that covered path finding, secure communication and error reporting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Conventional interview process. There were a couple of phone interviews back and forth. A few from the recruiter and one from the team. Next was a physical interview with a white board interview (one involving a recursive function) as well as soft skill questions (work ethic etc).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIXEYE.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, a small game assignment with 48 hours completion time, then an in person interview. I designed my game to illustrate my competence using Unity3D but the interviewers didnt take the time to look at it. I think they missed a great opportunity to see how a candidate solves problems, coding style, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews with them. Managers and HR people are really nice and cool. But the team member really gave you a hard time by asking you to derive math models and slove problems over phone. This is not expected for any interviews, especially for phone. I wouldn't want to work there even if they offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you derive this .... for us? What is it called in Math? Whatever/////   Answer Question

Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Went through several phone interviews with HR and Hiring manager, then was interviewed by 4 people on Skype. After that I was flown to Kixeye for in person interviews. Met with around 12 people over 6 hours, all were extremely talented and smart people. At the end of the day was told I was very much liked and they will proceed forward. Returned home and was told I would need to do a skype interview with a director. The interview went really well, was told that he will get back to HR and get the ball rolling on an offer. Got a call later that night, saying they wanted to do one more call with an executive. Did the call several days later, about a day later I was informed that they would not make an offer.

3D Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KIXEYE.

Interview

I received an email of interest after two weeks, they promptly scheduled a phone call and we arranged a time to chat. The interviewer was really nice and answered all my questions sufficiently.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, 3 in person interviews. Never heard back from them. They didn't appear to really have their act together. Sitting in a tiny room waiting for one micro interview after another was not only tedious but also insulting when they didn't even bother to get back to me afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about our games? We only want people who are passionate about our games   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KIXEYE (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward. A couple calls followed by an onsite interview that lasted about 4 hours. They didn't ask very challenging questions. It felt like more of a personality/culture fit more than anything. On my onsite I met with 5 people, each for about 30-60mins.

Interview Questions

• General background, projects that I worked on, processes I know, how I feel about different teams etc.   Answer Question