Kendall & Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kendall & Davis

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kendall & Davis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Interviewed with various teams of people. Never felt like I had a good handle on what the job entailed.

Got to "shadow" someone for about 15 minutes - she made calls while I listened. It seemed to be more of a call center and not recruiting. She used an internal, not very updated database and made call after call. Left message after message documenting each time. After actively recruiting for Healthcare positions for several years, this didn't seem like my cup of tea.

Finally did a test where I was supposed to talk someone into coming to my coffee shop. Overcome their objections. .....ummm.....okay. Perhaps this would be a good job for a new college grad - not an experienced Recruiter.

Was disappointed that they have never sent a no-thank you. Ghosted me. Common courtesy is to send a no-thank you if the person comes into the office.

Interview Questions

• What is your fall back if this doesn't work out?   1 Answer
    • What do you do for fun?   Answer Question
    • Every single group of people asked if I had any questions. The first group answered my questions. By the time I got to the 5th group of interviewers I had run out of questions. lol.   Answer Question

Search Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kendall & Davis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview with in-house recruiter. Site interview with DVP and Senior leader (s). Job shadow and follow up with DVP at the end of the day. Job offer by phone then in writing within 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between a contingency based and retained recruitment firm?   Answer Question

Consultant/Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kendall & Davis (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Submited resume to apply. Brief phone interview was next. It was very relaxed and didnt feel like a test. Interview was sceduled. The overall interview was very Comfortable. Hiring manager was very relaxed and personable. Some tricky behavioral questions so have the answers ready. Discussion was polite and spirited. I felt free to go off on tangents. Expectations were clear and direct. Job description was clear. Earning potential seemed feasible based on comision structure and success of current employees.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation you felt you perfomed well on in your past jobs. Describe a situation you felt you perforned poorly on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can negotiate base pay.

Human Resource Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kendall & Davis (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2014.

Interview

interview one is an extreme battery of testing, if you do well, they will have someone talk to you. Interview two is with the owner, who is VERY knowledgeable of his company and services. You'd better be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you excel at and one thing that you are just terrible about,.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I negotiated my base pay, and commission. I was able to take a higher base pay (about 50% higher than the initial offier) and a lower percentage of commission. This enabled me to work through the training process, while not going broke.