Kennedy Krieger Institute Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

The process was rather easy, as I had already been with the company. My potential supervisor and a neutral party interviewed me together and both took scrupulous notes, which was a bit unnerving at times.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation if I were teaching a lesson and a behavior situation arose which also needed my attention?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

After the second interview, I was told I would hear back within two weeks. I never heard back whether I had made the next interview. After contacting the recruiter, she said she would find out the answer from the director the second interview was with, but then never got back to me about it. Extremely unprofessional and very poor communication for such a renowned organization.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: strengths, weaknesses, work style, situational questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It started with a phone screening. A week later, I went in for an interview with the HR department. They didn't contact me until about 2 weeks after that so I thought I didn't get another interview. I went in for the second interview with 2 people and they were super nice and friendly. They described exactly what I'd be doing if I got the position. The interviews that I had lasted about 15 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Weaknesses, Strengths, Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you made a mistake at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Is there anyone that you don't get along with at work and how do you handle them?   Answer Question

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was extremely intense, understandably so knowing their level of expectations. A big chunk of the interview is you getting a tour of the facility as well as talking about pay and benefits. This was a HUGE con to me. Obviously, when interviewing typically you REALLY want the job, there is no need to "sell" us the position by giving us the amazing salary and benefits package before letting us know if we made it to the next round of interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Interview

Referred by an employee.
    Asked to send in CV.
    Quick phone interview asking basic biographical questions. Asked to come in for an interview.
    On-site interview was about 1.5 hours which included a tour, session with a current employee (more about seeing what working at KKI was like), and a interview with the manager. The interview with the manager involved talking about relevant skills, previous work experience, and behavioral skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at KKI?
      Tell me about your previous work experience.
      What is your research experience? Have you been published? What was your research about?   Answer Question

PTA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Interview

Asked questions about clinical experience and preferences on your treatment style, if you would rather work independently or as a team member, toured facility, saw equipment and different treatment settings, observed therapists working with patients, asked questions, talked about research opportunites and continuing education opportunities.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within the hour I received a call to do my first phone interview. The questions were your basic: where do you see yourself going, what are your goals, why do you think you'd be a good fit, salary expectations, etc. I spoke with Jocelyn and she made me feel very comfortable! I then came in a few days later for a second interview where I was asked the hypothetical type questions: if you were _______, how would you handle it? etc. I then did testing for Word, Excel, and typing. Keep in mind, at least for admin positions, they only test for your basic competency!

Interview Questions

• When is a time when you did something wrong at work? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the company website many times before being contacted. I eventually received a call for an interview. My one on one interview only lasted about 30 minutes then I was given a brief tour. I was offered the job about a week later. The employer sent an orientation packet to my home to be completed prior to new hire orientation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute.

Interview

Met with the investigator I would be working for and we went to a nearby coffee shop. It was fairly casual and the position was described, along with a few of the projects I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that qualifies you for this position?   1 Answer

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kennedy Krieger Institute (Baltimore, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Check the online status of your applications regularly! Very good about scheduling the interview, reached out to me by phone and email, and it took about a day to confirm the interview for a week later. Interview was with a small panel, standard questions. A week later, I heard back about an offer, but declined due to the salary.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about how you would react to situations that might come up. Really have to know your stuff, because most of those questions are tricks.   Answer Question

Had better offer from another company