Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

The hiring process moved pretty fast. HR reached out to me through email after I applied for the role. I had phone screen with director of finance, then they brought me on site for the second interview. It is important to do research about the company.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, got called in for an interview, met with about three different people, got a call back that I got it. All in all the whole process took a few weeks, including the background check.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail a few days later from someone try to schedule an interview, but it was from a do not reply mailbox and did not sign their name.

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

The chef who was supposed to interview me showed up about one hour late. The rest of the managing chefs were not expecting me. It was awkward. The kitchen staff was friendly and introduced themselves to me. When the chef arrived I had a working interview but was not really supervised or spoken to which made me feel like they just needed me to work for free because they were short handed.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Front Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a VERY negative experience at a Kimpton Hotel in Seattle (Alexis Hotel).
    Had an interview that went very well, promised a lot of good things, they seemed like a trustworthy team to work with. I got an offer almost right away. Smooth sailing
    Then the lies started coming out.. Let's call it "bait and switch"
    The first schedule came out with me working a couple of overnight shifts.. The overnight shift was never disclosed to me and I never ever agreed to doing overnights.

I brought this up and the managers were giving me different stories like "It's only for emergency" to "You'll only be scheduled for overnights every once in awhile" and "We only schedule overnights during training". How am I supposed to work for you if you constantly lie to your employees?

This made me absolutely furious. I NEVER agreed to overnight shifts. The front office management at this certain Kimpton property in Seattle (Alexis Hotel) LIED to me. Apparently this wasn't the first time its happened recently too. How unprofessional and untrustworthy.

My advice to management: don't lie in your interviews. You're not just wasting my time but yours as well. I had put my two week notice into my other job for you and lost out on a full weeks pay.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a guest was unhappy and what did you do to solve the issue?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from someone who works the front desk to set up the interview. Interview itself was really quick, took less than 30 mins. Was told they would contact me either way in a few days and never heard back. I called the manager and left a voicemail. Several days after that I did receive a call from someone who works at the front desk a little over a week from when I originally was informed I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you gave great customer service and when you received great customer service.   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

So, initially I had applied for the overnight guest services position. I met with their night supervisor and it went really well, so I was asked to come back the next night to meet with the manager. That went really well too. However, I received an email a few days later saying they had chosen someone else for the overnight position, but they wanted me to apply for the Day guest services position because they thought I'd be better suited for it. That was fine, so I applied and got an interview right away. I went back a third time to meet with the two more managers, ironically both had the same name. Those interviews also went extremely well; I was there for a solid hour and a half talking with each of them. I flat out asked both of them (the interviews were separate) if I was an ideal candidate and what they were looking for in an employee. They both said yes with no hesitation. One of them was the Senior manager or what have you; he explained that meeting with him was a formality really, and that I was highly talked about from the other managers and supervisor. I obviously left there feeling great, and another the next day had received a follow up email asking for my recommendations and uniform sizing (they never called my recommendations btw, I checked). A week goes by, and nothing so I sent them a follow up email letting them know if they need anything else from me it's no problem. No response. Another week goes by, and nothing. Eventually, I concluded they had chosen someone else for the job, so I sent yet another email saying thanks for considering me, it was a great interview and please keep me in mind for any new positions. Still. No. Response. So, yesterday I called asking to speak to one of the day managers. He was in a meeting, fine, whatever. But I called back this morning, and was almost patched through by the receptionist, only to be told he just stepped out. When she just told me he was available. I'm literally speechless. I can't believe things are done SO unprofessionally here. The fact that I never got so much as an email saying hey, thanks but no thanks is just unbelievable. When I say they made it seem like I had this job in my pocket, I mean it. Literally, 3 separate interviews with four different managers, and over $100 in cab rides! Seriously, all you had to do is tell me I didn't get it, and I would have stopped weeks ago! I obviously won't be applying for that hotel ever again. I don't know if that's how it's done with all Kimpton hotels (doubtful), but Mason & Rook definitely disappointed me.

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Vero Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

On a Wednesday between 2 and 4 pm, very nice people, interview went great. I met 2 managers and says there is no problem to hire me, so i'm still waiting for the call.The hotel is fantastic and it will be a great place to work, directly on the beach.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on moving here   1 Answer

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and heard back in about a week. Went to the first interview which was brief but concise. Went into the second interview with the front desk manager. Met with the front desk manager, the second front office supervisor, and the general manager. Gave them my references and completed the background check. Waiting to hear back on the official offer.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

interview process was straight and simple. mostly based on behavioral questions to see how well you work with others. Simple debit/credit questions. Interviewed with controller and GM of the property.