Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 15, 2018

2.5

Director of Loss Prevention and Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Austin, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with the assistant general manager for approximately 45 minutes. After the initial interview, the assistant general manager asked for the general manager to conduct an interview. Not many questions were asked by the general manager, just a few follow-up questions about your resume.

Interview Questions

• How would your current boss describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me your knowledge of (insert location here)?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I applied online and a week later I got an email from the Director of Finance to schedule an in person interview the next week. Comes the interview and it was very different than what I expected. It was very casual and not intimidating which was very nice because interviews make me very anxious. Talked to the Director of Finance and told them about myself, why I wanted a job in accounting. The thing that really threw me off was there were no technical questions or any typical behavioral questions, just a explanation of the company and the accounting department. The whole interview was more like a regular conversation. A week later I got a call with an offer and gave information for a background check. I wasn't able to start until a few weeks and they were okay with that which was also nice. The company cares a lot about personality and being yourself. The pay is not as high as I hoped, but it is a good job to get experience right after college.

Interview Questions

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Apr 25, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thank you for sharing your interview experience. Welcome to the Kimpton family – we’re so excited to have you on board!

Digital Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed three separate interviews, including two over the phone and one in person. Two of them were with the immediate supervisor and one with the regional manager. The questions were fairly simple and straightforward - pertaining to my experience and expectations for the role, my career goals, etc.

I felt great about my preparedness and my responses, nonetheless I wasn’t surprised when they took an internal candidate. Hospitality hires cheap!

If I hadn’t had a mutual connection reach out to one of the interviewers immediately following the final interview, I wouldn’t have known of their decision for over a month! The immediate supervisor took plenty of time reaching out to me with their decision.

I accepted an amazing opportunity with a larger company shortly thereafter (everything works out in the end!) but their lack of professionalism and follow through definitely left a bad taste in my mouth.

I also thought it was odd that HR wasn’t involved at any level, from initiating the first interview to informing me of their decision. I’ve never experienced this, not even with small agencies.

Interview Questions

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Mar 16, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We’re so sorry that no one got back to you. We absolutely should have followed up and we apologize that no one contacted you with an update. It’s so important to us that our candidates have a... More

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I expressed interest in the company because of its core values. I was notified by HR to upload resume on company website and fill out their application. I spoke with the GM, Chef, and F&B Director in person via interview and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What perspective should you have regarding the guest experience as it pertains to serving?   1 Answer

Mar 16, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Sounds like your interview process was short and sweet. We’re so happy you accepted the position – welcome to the Kimpton family!

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

Got an email from the director of the department. Got very excited because wanted to learn more about the company and the position after reading all of these awesome reviews. Responded with a time and date I am available and never heard back. Blamed it on the winter holidays and followed up after 2 weeks-no response. Followed up again in 2-3 weeks, again-silence. Lost hope, gave up. I think this is very unprofessional for the company to treat the candidates like that. Now it makes me wonder how they treat their employees...and the position is still open and was reposted few weeks ago by the way..no wonder..

Apr 5, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We’re so sorry you had this experience with us. We let you down by not ever getting back to you – and we hear you, we absolutely should have followed up. Thank you for your feedback; we take this to... More

Bellman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was an employee referral. I submitted resume online, received a call from the hiring manager about 1 week after to come in for an interview, then received a call back for offer of employment 1 week after interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle interacting with people from different cultures?   1 Answer

Feb 12, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We love our referrals! So glad you had a positive interview experience with us. Congrats on your new role and welcome to the Kimpton family.

Beverage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Alexandria, VA) in January 2018.

Interview

Corresponded via email back and forth for a little over a week. Then conducted a phone interview and in person interview before given a job offer. Filled out background check concent form before being offered job.

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

They really care about what they were doing and the interview felt so genuine, it made me feel relaxed and comfortable. I believe it was a rare experience, nothing I ever heard of or experienced before. Amazing people.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what music I listen to.   2 Answers

Dec 20, 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Yay! We’re so glad to hear your interview experience was a positive one. Welcome to the Kimpton family!

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for interview 4 days after I applied. Interview was very short...about 15 min. Interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable and relaxed....but I think 15 min is not enough to know good enough if person you are interviewing is good or no for this position.
    Interviewer told me that they will let me know the resul after they will interview couple more people.....2 weeks and no response :/....not very professional.

Interview Questions

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We really appreciate the feedback on your interview experience with us. Glad to hear your interviewer was kind – not so glad to hear that no one got back to you. We’re sorry you had this experience... More

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

I had interviewed with the Van Zandt Hotel, didn't get the job, which is fine. That is not the reason for this review. I had 3 rounds of interviews. Afterwards none of the 4 people I met with had the common courtesy or decency to let me know about the outcome. Not even the easy way, a generic rejection email. I feel that once the Employer meets with someone face to face the pool of people to choose from is so little that they should be able to follow up. I know it's not common practice, but it should be. Especially since the candidates show up, spend their time and gas, prepare, research the company etc. The least the employer should be able to do is to send an email.

Dec 6, 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thanks for bringing this to our attention – and we’re so sorry for the lack of communication on our end. Treating our candidates well is very important to us, and we feel awful that you had this... More