Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.4

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called for interview 4 days after I applied. Interview was very short...about 15 min. Interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable and relaxed....but I think 15 min is not enough to know good enough if person you are interviewing is good or no for this position.
    Interviewer told me that they will let me know the resul after they will interview couple more people.....2 weeks and no response :/....not very professional.

Interview Questions

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

We really appreciate the feedback on your interview experience with us. Glad to hear your interviewer was kind – not so glad to hear that no one got back to you. We’re sorry you had this experience... More

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

I had interviewed with the Van Zandt Hotel, didn't get the job, which is fine. That is not the reason for this review. I had 3 rounds of interviews. Afterwards none of the 4 people I met with had the common courtesy or decency to let me know about the outcome. Not even the easy way, a generic rejection email. I feel that once the Employer meets with someone face to face the pool of people to choose from is so little that they should be able to follow up. I know it's not common practice, but it should be. Especially since the candidates show up, spend their time and gas, prepare, research the company etc. The least the employer should be able to do is to send an email.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thanks for bringing this to our attention – and we’re so sorry for the lack of communication on our end. Treating our candidates well is very important to us, and we feel awful that you had this... More

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Tampa, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Very friendly people, easygoing interview process. Simple questions about personality and experience. Interviews were exclusively over the phone due to the property being in transition, but interview was still warm and personal.

Conference Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Cambridge, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

Went for an interview mid-day, interview lasted about an hour and a half. Met with 5 people. 2 two on two's one 1 one on one. It was a casual setting in the restaurant. There was zero follow up from them after the interview. I believe every candidate should be updated as a courtesy, especially in the Hospitality field.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

I was interviewed by the sales manager and was told that they would call me back for the results of the initial interview. A couple of days later, I was called in for an interview with the Sales Director.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewing with Kimpton is different from any other. I had multiple interviews with Kimpton in the DC area. The most current property I interviewed for was conducted by the assistant general manager and front office manager. They were very professional and they not only get to try to know their applicants work ethic, but they want to really understand their personalities. It is very important to their company that people display a sense of individuality and be able to express themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to go above and beyond for someone, can be work related or not.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

I was called to set up an interview, once I gave my available dates I was told that she would check her schedule and call bank. One week later, still no call, so I call her back, the next day I have an interview. I show up fifteen minutes early and wait for thirty, all to be told that "she'll have to reschedule". It has been another week and she has, again, yet to call back. I don't want to work for someone so rude and disorganized, so just a warning to all those considering.

Assistant Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received a quick response from the hiring manager. I didn't go through HR at all. The Director called me herself. We discussed the position, including the technical skills, and she asked me when I could come in for an interview. I came in the next week for the interview and it went well! We started a little bit late but things went off without a hitch. The Director was very kind to me and the interview was fairly relaxed. A week or so later, she called me again to offer me the job.

Ultimately, I declined, for a few different reasons. While this hotel is beautiful and located in a fun area (downtown Seattle), the starting pay was surprisingly low for the area and they don't offer any parking for employees. The base benefits are pretty good and even include pet insurance! However, there is no printed information available for said benefits so I only know what I was told and can't confirm. Lastly, they needed someone sooner than I could start and I always try to give two weeks notice. Every employee I encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful. Even the valets wished me luck! I'm still hoping I made the right decision but I would definitely interview here again if they let me.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember many of the questions asked, specifically, because the interview was so relaxed. It felt more like a conversation!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about two days later to schedule an phone interview. And it was about minutes.I was asked to give a self introduction, then asked about what do I know about their company. And the lady then talked about this position.

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

The hiring process moved pretty fast. HR reached out to me through email after I applied for the role. I had phone screen with director of finance, then they brought me on site for the second interview. It is important to do research about the company.