Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Vice President, Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was incredibly thorough and included multiple stakeholders from various disciplines within the organization. The process was managed professionally and efficiently by the talent team at Kimpton home office.

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Jun 6, 2018 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thank you for sharing your interview feedback with us. Welcome to the Kimpton family!

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.

Interview

The chef who was supposed to interview me showed up about one hour late. The rest of the managing chefs were not expecting me. It was awkward. The kitchen staff was friendly and introduced themselves to me. When the chef arrived I had a working interview but was not really supervised or spoken to which made me feel like they just needed me to work for free because they were short handed.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Overnight Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Interview

I had interviewed with the Van Zandt Hotel, didn't get the job, which is fine. That is not the reason for this review. I had 3 rounds of interviews. Afterwards none of the 4 people I met with had the common courtesy or decency to let me know about the outcome. Not even the easy way, a generic rejection email. I feel that once the Employer meets with someone face to face the pool of people to choose from is so little that they should be able to follow up. I know it's not common practice, but it should be. Especially since the candidates show up, spend their time and gas, prepare, research the company etc. The least the employer should be able to do is to send an email.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

Dec 6, 2017 – Your Friends at Kimpton

Thanks for bringing this to our attention – and we’re so sorry for the lack of communication on our end. Treating our candidates well is very important to us, and we feel awful that you had this... More

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Vero Beach, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

On a Wednesday between 2 and 4 pm, very nice people, interview went great. I met 2 managers and says there is no problem to hire me, so i'm still waiting for the call.The hotel is fantastic and it will be a great place to work, directly on the beach.

Interview Questions

• Are you planning on moving here   1 Answer

Pool Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (South Beach, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online got a call about a week later from a manger to schedule a interview with him and the HR in all the interview was very short and easy.

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I saw this job being posted again after a few months through LinkedIn and I was one of the candidates when it was posted in Oct. I heard they hired someone, and guess that person quit cause it was not a good place to work. I knew this after I interviewed.

I interviewed with leadership who was a director and the boss of this role, and she didn't seem to understand social media or what the goals were. When i asked what they would get to do in the future, it didn't seem like this person would have a lot of autonomy to make the social media presence their own. It felt like it would be a role with no fun or excitement.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem with vote by committee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The initial interview, which was a phone screen with HR, was pretty straight forward.

I was asked to go through my resume and talk about why I wanted to work for Kimpton. The only strange part about the process was that the woman I was speaking with seemed inexplicably angry at me the whole time. She was aggressive and definitely did NOT embody the Kimpton spirit.

As a final question I was asked if I had checked out Kimpton's social media properties and if I had any feedback. I provided in-depth feedback, and shockingly the woman on the phone started getting defensive, even though she is not affiliated with the marketing department or responsible for any of the posts on social channels. She basically started debating what I was saying (which is that their strategy appears to be severely lacking and that they need to focus in on storytelling and post less irrelevant content such as Facebook posts that proclaim "Happy Rice Krispies Treat Day!"

I chose not to go any further along in the process after this incredibly awkward first round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was very excited to apply for this position when I saw the posting because I'm a huge fan of their hotels. I came in for three separate interviews, one with HR, one with the hiring manager and one with two other people from Marketing. They weren't very accommodating of the fact that I am currently employed, and wouldn't hold two of those interviews in one day. This was extremely challenging for me due to the proximity of my current employer, and I ended up having to take 2.5 days of vacation to attend these three separate interviews. The whole process was disorganized, but I stuck with it because they seemed like good people. I never heard back from them one way or another if I got the job (obviously I didn't). I contacted both the hiring manager and the recruiter to follow up and let me know one way or another about the position and I never heard back from either of them. I'm fine with the fact that they didn't want to hire me, but they could of at least had the respect and dignity to thank me for my time and let me know the position was given to someone else.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult, it was more of a conversation which was great. One of the people I interviewed with barely talked so it was definitely a lot more of me asking questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

There seems to be something very off about Kimpton and their approach to social media. First off, it's odd that this position was reposted after a few months of it off - and I was told when not offered (not that I wanted it!) that they hired someone, so I think someone might have quit knowing how bad it was. Anyway, when I interviewed, I asked a lot of questions on my own and got the feeling that whoever would step into this role would not get to do a lot of work on their own and not really make cool things happen. For example, Kimpton has a lot of regional accounts, such as @KimptonSEA - which didn't make sense. They said the regional accounts have to stay. It was such an inconsistency and it signaled that again I'd have no autonomy.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

One screening phone call and a face-to-face with two hiring managers. It was an extremely easy interview, the two mangers were pleasant and really interested in hearing about my interest in the company. I received a phone call two days later asking for information for a background check and than an offer was extended. Everyone was up front about the salary during the interview. Overall one of the easier and painless experiences in finding a job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the long term at Kimpton?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

Quick to schedule and move the process along. They were friendly; however, one of the interviewers was a bit more pecimistic about the fit implying I was overqualified and wouldn't stick around. This made me second guess wether it was an appropriate fit and I passed on the final interview.