Kirkland's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kirkland's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.0

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kirkland's.

Interview

It took about a week. I applied online and then went into the store to introduce myself. There I was asked about my availability and from there I was basically hired.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kirkland's.

Interview

I applied online and it took a week for them to call me back. I had a phone interview and the manager later called me in to do a group interview in the store (later that day). There were 2 other people and it was really relaxed since the store had already closed. Managers were very nice and made everyone feel comfortable. The main interview was through the phone, and the group interview was really them just explaining the process if we got hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kirkland's in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people, marketing manager, store manager, and district manager. All 3 interviews were similar but good. They were positive and uplifting and made me interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• They all asked about my management style and about how I multitask   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I was called for an interview after applying 2 months ago . I came in the next day and asked for the manager . Waited around about 10 minutes for her to come out . She said that her office space was a mess so we walked around the store and talked . She really didn't ask me much of anything other than my past work experience , and about how I feel about talking to customers . Which I'm great with I have a long list of retail experience . At the end she stated I would hear something from her by the end of the week . Never heard anything . I would appreciate knowing one way or another if I got the job or not . It sucks when jobs leaving you hanging

Seasonal Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland's (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I found the job listing on Craigslist and applied online. I got a call the next day and set up an interview later that week. I went to the interview 15 minutes early and brought a copy of my resume. I had the interview and got a job offer on the spot. The manager emailed me the job offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What is one word that describes you?   1 Answer
    • If there was work to be done (Unloading, stocking, etc.) and customers needed to be helped, how would you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Apple Valley, CA).

Interview

I applied just because and less than a month later, they contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was about five minutes and at the end they asked me to come in for an in person interview. The in person interview was super easy. They contacted me two days later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell a product..   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Lafayette, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was so DRY. She didn't crack a smile the entire time. I understand it was first thing in the morning but it made the experience very cold and unwelcoming. She acted like I was bothering her or something. I arrived 5 minutes early and the interviewer was on the phone with her friend. I waited about 15 minutes until she was done. Interview questions were standard. I was bummed at first, but I wouldn't want to work with someone like her anyway. Blessing in disguise!

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

With the store manager and District manager in an office setting, they both expressed how the company was a great place to work, the hours and benefits were great also, it was an hour and 22 mins.

Interview Questions

• How many employee did you manage in your previous position as a store manager.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland's.

Interview

Interview was easy, was hired on the spot. Typical interview questions and scenario questions. The manager was very friendly, I was greeted by friendly employees as well. They are a very customer based company.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Called in for an interview within 48 hours of filling out an application online. Was asked basic interview questions during the 20 minute interview. Called me 20 minutes after the interview to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain an uncomfortable situation you have been placed in by a coworker or customer.   Answer Question