Kirkland's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kirkland's Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.0

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland's.

Interview

Interview was easy, was hired on the spot. Typical interview questions and scenario questions. The manager was very friendly, I was greeted by friendly employees as well. They are a very customer based company.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Called in for an interview within 48 hours of filling out an application online. Was asked basic interview questions during the 20 minute interview. Called me 20 minutes after the interview to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Explain an uncomfortable situation you have been placed in by a coworker or customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Birmingham, AL) in February 2017.

Interview

The manger I was interviewed by was rude , didn't smile , shake my hand nothing . She told what the job description was , how many days and hours I would get , and told me I wanted to get paid to much.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to unload a truck and unbox new items then put them on the sales floor ?   1 Answer

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kirkland's (New York, NY).

Interview

I had 2 interviews, it took 1 week for the entire process. The first one was with the store manager and it was about what the role, and my past experience. Then with the district manager 6 days later, we discussed my experience, where I can go with the company, her expectations, and how the company works.

Interview Questions

• How were your previous floorsets set up and performed?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kirkland's (New York, NY).

Interview

They will call you in and you will be asked a series of pre approved questions specific to each candidate then they will have to go around the store rand sell items that would go in the same room based of off of one thing they pick out you will leave and they will call if they like you.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for Kirkland's   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland's in December 2016.

Interview

Very short and sweet. You get what you give. They want to know you before the bring you in, and will ask you about yourself. Bring a resume with you, it seemed to impress the manager I had it in hand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts at the same pay ($8 an hour here in Conroe, TX,)

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Canton, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

They really needed help so I called and they told me to submit an application online. They called as soon as they recieved it and scheduled a time to come in and talk. They had most of my information on the application so all we talked about was availability really.

Interview Questions

• Was I interested in helping unload truck a few times a week?   1 Answer

Third Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland's (Fairview Heights, IL).

Interview

Online application, face to face in two weeks. Heavily pressure you to work every weekend, especially Sundays. Manager talked negatively about staff and prior managers. Talked negatively about higher ups and the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problems working every weekend?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They tell you what you will make upfront.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kirkland's (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, within a week I got a call back and interviewed within a few days. The interview was pretty relaxed, it was like talking with someone you had known for a really long time...basic interview questions about availability, dealing with difficult customers, how to deal with work related conflicts. The only issue I had was that I made it very clear I was unable to work during sundays, (mostly for religion) and she kept pushing and pushing for me to commit to so many sundays a month. At the end, she said she would call me within the next 2 days. Its been way past that and still havent heard back.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a work related conflict?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kirkland's.

Interview

Good experience the managers were friendly and welcoming. They did make it seem like a good work environment. One downside was that they said I would be working minimum fifteen hours a week and sometimes I only work five.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. They said they can only pay minimum wage even though I asked for more.