Knowland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Knowland Interview Questions

3.1

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Knowland (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, asking basic questions about your resume and what you're looking for. Following is an in person interview with four different people for 30 mins each. You meet your potential future boss, someone in the role and a sales analysis, then HR.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   1 Answer

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Knowland (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

You and two people, you also take a test. The lady is very nice, the guy is a little cold. They seem to be looking for too much, overall it was a weird interview.

Interview Questions

Knowland Response

Apr 19, 2016 – HR Director

Hello - we don't have an office in Chicago, so I don't believe you have the right company here (we have one office, in Washington DC). This also does not reflect our interview process.
    If you could... More

PBD Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Knowland (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the VP of Sales which was followed up by on on-site interview. I interviewed with some senior sales managers and their VP of HR. After that, an offer was extended within 10 days. Overall, a very quick process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Knowland (Washington, DC).

Interview

Hiring process took 4 weeks. I was contacted via LinkedIn and scheduled a 45 minutes phone interview with HR. After that I was asked to prepare myself to showcase a social media website to the VP of Sales & Marketing in order to convince him to buy. Met VP after this test, that when I was invited to visit their office in Chinatown. After that took about 2 weeks to get an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate salary as it was pretty decent

Account Management Interview

Interview

Hiring process takes a while to ensure they are hiring well qualified people with a good work ethic. There are various interviews with HR as well as a writing assignment and fake "demo" to see your selling skills.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Knowland.

Interview

Management was very thoughtful, transparent and thorough in the interview process, which I appreciated; the role I was applying for was brand new so obviously having the wrinkles ironed out was critical. I had four interviews over the course of three months -- all went great -- and had follow up conversations with the recruiter which were all great -- then I heard NOTHING. No calls to my references. No courtesy note to say they went with other candidate. No response to my follow up emails. Ultimately a super disappointing and unprofessional ending that was just in bad taste. Speaks volumes of a company, if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, per se, but I was given two test assignments with little direction or insight into their platforms.   Answer Question

Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Knowland.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews. Phone interview and in person interview. Good process. Human Resources completed the phone interview. Very pleasant on the phone. Made me feel very comfortable. Two in person interviews. No complaints on the interviewing process.

Negotiation

none

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Knowland (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

1. Email reach out from HR to schedule an over the phone interview
    2. Over the phone interview with HR Director
    -Was a friendly, but fast-paced question and answer session geared towards the aspects of my resume that caught their eye in the first place
    -Ability to pull at all of my work experience out of chronological order and across several genres and to give quick affirmations of my talent and skills was key
    -More "on your toes" style
    3. Upon impressing enough with the phone interview, HR Director sends list of "next steps," the next of which is a writing assignment consisting of two scenario-based marketing documents to submit to show writing skills and fit
    4. In-person interview with two department heads and one lateral would-be colleague
    -Department heads were more stressful/ nerve-wracking; was a bit difficult to get a read on how I was being received; this is a strong tech/Development component to the company, so their style greatly differs from the customer-facing employee's style
    -Laid-back start up environment; great personalities
    -The in-person interview was much more conversational with specific questions throughout; each person had a slightly different interview style, but it was not a "Spanish Inquisition" approach
    -I loved that they had me interview with my potential colleague-to-be; shows that they care about their employees, want them to enjoy the people with whom they work, and respect their employees enough to have them weigh in on the process; it also gave me a deeper perspective as to the type of people I would potentially be working with-- so often the aspect of "it is not just the company interviewing me, it is also me interviewing the company" gets lost. When you are spending 40+ hours of week with a group of people, it is paramount that you both work well together and enjoy each other's company to a certain degree, which is very much the case at Knowland. The better the rapport, the more collaborative the team, and subsequently the higher the quality of output and better the results.
    5. Within the same week, received a call and offer letter; desire was to get me into the position as soon as humanly possible (I gave two weeks notice and transitioned in)

Interview Questions

• How do you feel when you are unable to say "yes" to a client's request/do you feel comfortable having to tell a client "no" or that something is not possible?   1 Answer
    • Also asked for an in-depth breakdown of my experience using specific operating systems...   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were amenable to me taking trips I had already planned prior to interviewing/getting offer, but that would be early on after my hire date. I did not attempt to negotiate for a higher salary. I do not believe the offer would have stood if I could not start a week or two after signing my offer letter.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Knowland (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Very thorough screening and interview process. The company has several interview steps including phone screen, web demo, sales coaching sessions.

Interview Questions

• The company asks you to conduct a web based sales demo. After I completed the demo I was invited to meet the sales director. He gave me a coaching session on how I conducted the demo. He really knew what he was looking for. He gave me some solid suggestions and asked me to redo the demo for him while at the office. The company is very selective, you quickly find out that the company will go through dozens of candidates before extending an offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I like the offer process. The company made me a very solid offer and also outlined what to expect during my first year.

Direct Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knowland (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Got in contact with their internal recruiter, did a phone interview, came in for an in person interview and then received an offer. The last part of the interview was a mock demo where I was selling LinkedIn as a recruiting tool

Interview Questions

• I did a demo for them trying to sell LinkedIn as a recruiting tool   Answer Question