Kool Smiles Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Applied online
    Phone interview with HR
    Face to face interview with ABL
    Phone interview RBL
    Background check
    Offer
    Overall very quick and very easy process
    Kept me informed of what was going on at all times the whole team worked really well

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Salisbury, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

After being called for an interview on June 6,2011, I arrived at the time indicated and was interview by a panel of four different human resource employees. Making sure I arrive on time, i had done an extensive research of the company and when they asked me whyI thought i could work for this company, knowing the value and mission of the company helped me out alot.Iremember one of the interviewer imentioning I see you did a good research of our company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should chose you for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negogiate a better pay salary, I would say you have to ask like five to ten percent more on what you want to get paid.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Richmond, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

the interview was quick and easy but they ask you the basics. You do have to prepare yourself before going in. A lot of situations questions were asked during the interview process, this was my first job so all of my situations were related to cases in high school.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about this company?   1 Answer

Patient Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kool Smiles.

Interview

1. Apply
    2. Phone screen where they ask you some basic questions.
    3. Face to face interview
    In my case, the office manager didn't know what he was doing. When I completed the interview, he said that he would call back in two days if he decided to move forward; he called 10 mins later.
    During the phone interview, I told him how much I was looking for but he was unsure about how much they pay. I went in for the face to face interview and that went well. I got a call from him the next day, and he was very rude! He asked about my salary again even though he had a copy of my salary history attached to my resume. He questioned me about why I wanted that amount, and eventually got an attitude and hung up in my face. The bottom line is that they definitely don't pay enough for the amount of work they want you to do.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you stereotyped a person. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2011.

Interview

Really didn't have a real interview. I was asked if I wanted the job and I accepted. The whole process was really easy. I guess they just really needed someone to fill the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kool Smiles in January 2016.

Interview

In person interview, selected for position. The interview was relatively easy and the interviewer was easy to talk to, I was excited about the position when I left the interview.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, tell me about yourself, etc.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kool Smiles in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on a Wednesday, got a call Friday to set up interview for Tuesday. Interview was very quick. She let me know that I would be emailed my offer letter and from there I would complete a workers interview which will be the decision maker.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, what did you do, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a work policy you did not agree with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, my offer letter states how much I will make. Every manager is different just make sure you do your research about the company and be interested in the position.

Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Smyrna, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

I met an Area Director dentist at her office (a clinic) for the interview. She was at least 30 minutes late. She was very laid back and asked some general questions about dentistry and pediatric dentistry. It was very pleasant and low stress. However. Credentialing took 4 months and they do not let you start work until credentialing completed which they said would take 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Can you prep for a stainless steel crown?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Associate Dentist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kool Smiles.

Interview

It was an easy process, but very regimented. They are very thorough have a lot of corporate paperwork to get through to vet candidates. This is a good thing considering they deal with heal care for children.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Norfolk, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

submitted application online, got phone call in one day and flew out the next week for face to face interview. met with one dr during the interview.

Interview Questions

• no difficult/unexpected questions. very ordinary interview. took a "written test" with xrays, but not weighted heavily   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate and got an increase in their initial offer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kool Smiles (Lubbock, TX) in August 2008.

Interview

I was recruited based on an employee referral; someone who had worked with me previously. I was treated with respect and the company showed genuine interest not just in finding out if they would be happy with me, but encouraging me to determine if I would be happy with them. I would recommend a candidate research the company well to make sure they will be a good match, make sure all offers are in writing, and have a legal review of your employment agreement prior to accepting. These are good best practices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about experiences you have had in managing difficult patient, parent and staff situations.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about difficulties/challenges you have had...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate benefits, hours and salary effectively. Make sure you know what you would like to have and make sure your requests are realistic.