Korn Ferry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Korn Ferry Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

I received an email about having two phone interviews. They asked me basic questions asking me to describe myself and working in group settings. Theu did ask me about my experience with working with excel but not math skills.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Somewhat lengthy, there were several rounds to go through - I think I had four rounds with about 10 different people. But the interviews are with top company executives, so they don't waste your time and are serious about the process.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that was out of left field or too difficult   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Thorough yet cumbersome with several return visits to meet with about 10 individuals across various levels. Three months from initial phone interview to offer stage. Appreciated the effort to provide as much information as possible on what the daily life in the role would entail.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me through email which had a automated link to an interview schedule. I chose my preferred time and the prompts indicated that the call would take place via a conference line link provided in a confirmation email. It was never provided, so I reached out to the recruiter to ask how the call would take place, but he never replied. Finally, the day of the interview, I sent another email --- no reply. Finally, the recruiter ended up calling me directly instead of the link. I felt the unresponsiveness was quite rude.

The call ended on a very high note with the recruiting saying that it was a good match, and that my information would be presented to the decision maker. The recruiter said that a follow up call would take place in a few days, but it never materialized. I sent a follow up email, and still no courtesy of a reply. Why tell someone they are a great fit and that you will follow up in a few days, yet, you do not?

Since KF is a human capital consulting firm, I'm very disappointed that they are treating candidates in this manner.

Interview Questions

• Focused on three "hats" to get pre-qualification out of the way: 1.) my goals 2.) the role 3.) salary expectations   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY).

Interview

Awful. Talked w/ a recruiter over the phone. Invited to an "invitation only" hiring event. (Ridiculous name - who would attend a hiring event they weren't invited to?) Asked to take a verbal, logical and math assessment, along with a personality assessment. Humiliating and inhumane and grueling. Work experience, schooling, etc ultimately doesn't matter.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you had to manage a conflict.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview with the senior client partner then with the office manager. Immediately got the offer.
    I have been recomended but usually you would meet everyone in the office : associates and assistants and partners. English translation maybe included

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Korn Ferry.

Interview

Very friendly, mostly behavioral questions. Interviewed by one manager, and two other interns (group interview). Know your strengths/weaknesses, be prepared to describe your previous experience and give examples, answer why you are interested in the company. Interviewers try to make the interview as less stressful as possible. Ask questions about the company/position itself. The interview process lasted for two weeks. It consisted of a one in-person interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Korn Ferry in December 2016.

Interview

When a company (especially in recruitment) goes public it becomes ALL about the numbers.
    Quality therefore extremely lacks (ie Robert Half). This firm is no different.
    Was contacted cheaply through linked in.
    Set up a phone screen time. Recruiter MISSED the appointment and never notified me. After following up I was able to reschedule weeks later.
    Was then asked to fill out a questionnaire like a new hire out of university which asked me what my and experience was (which they should know since they scouted me from a direct competitor).
    This questionnaire was riddled with spelling and typographical errors.
    Set up a phone call with local office (face to face is always better, especially if you're local).
    Went well but she thought I was too expensive.
    Never heard a peep from them for weeks. Had to follow up myself.
    Basically they just pass you around.
    Recruiters are pretty unprofessional (surprisingly since they are a recruitment firm).
    In their quest to become the biggest they have become one of the crappiest. Avoid.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Very basic, regular questions about backgrounds and interests. It was a simple interview where I was phone screened and did a video chat with employees in the group I would be working in

Interview Questions

• What is the most useful thing you've learned at school that could apply to this position?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Korn Ferry (Addison, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was smooth. I was extended a "verbal offer" by the recruiter only to have her call me days later to say the offer was much less. When I reminded her what her first initial offer was she stated it was a "soft offer". Who gives an offer only to come back later and offer less?!? To me it wasn't so much about the money as it was the principal. The original offer should have been honored and it was not. Displays lack of trust and respect on the recruiter and the employer. I received my official written offer in the mail weeks later. Trust between employer and employee is not negotiable. Not honoring the first offer unethical and unprofessional.