La-Z-Boy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

La-Z-Boy Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.2

Materials Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR manager; subsequent phone screen with hiring manager. Both were extensive interviews that took a fair amount of time and preparation. I was rejected rather brusquely in a manner that I think is uncalled for, despite my experience and contribution (helped them to develop a baseline of knowledge). Also don't think they warmed to the fact that I'm a veteran.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications; dealing with more experienced employees; evaluating success   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Positive and pleasant interview. Lots of information about the company's recent changes and overall direction. Discussed consultative salesmanship, hours, sales goals, staffing and product lines. Good basic questions asked of my prior experience working with customers. Reviewed company catalog and toured the showroom. Discussed what hourly wage I was requesting. Informed of company background/credit checks. Briefly covered scheduling.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in your last sales position   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

They use the STAR method. You need to discuss the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing. You can also expect to participate in a Case type role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to achieve a specific goal. What was the goal? How did you approach it? What was the result? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

It was rather easy, basically just go in and be honest about yourself. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was an in person interview, they said that they do not like to do interviews over the phone because they aren't as personable.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Morrisville, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

15 minute screen by the HR manager. Then invited in for an in person interview with, again, the HR manager and the district manager (market manager). They interviewed me together. Lasted about 2+ hours on one of the couches in their (now my) store. Very laid back. The HR manager definitely asked more structured corporate questions, but none you're not used to. I could tell the district manager was more focused on my personality. They do not ask you to sell a pen or the ridiculous "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer..", nor where do I see myself in 5 years (though I kind of answered it anyway). They were fun, we laughed a lot, they had like 3 other interviews after me, one waiting in plain sight.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a group of sales associates that don't receive commission?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Davenport, IA) in June 2017.

Interview

quick simple interview at the warehouse. few questions then a brief description about the company and a tour of the small warehouse . didn't meet the other manager / owner until I had worked there a couple weeks

Interview Questions

• what my likes and dislikes were about my last job   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

Went to the store for an in person interview and met with the Store Manager. I thought I was interviewing for Designer, but they already filled that position which was irritating.

Interior Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Pembroke Pines, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

They called me to come in for an interview within the next two hours and offered me a position right after the interview. The whole process took 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked very general questions and wrote down my answers. Example: strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Plymouth, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The hiring managers were very approachable and easy to talk to. The job was explained very well, as well as the path for advancement. Although the starting hourly wage was low there is a lot of opportunity to advance.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Lots of unnecessary paperwork lots of Janitorial duties always very understaffed during huge sales. Policy book says that we were supposed to get 2 10 minute beaks and a 30 minute lunch if working an 8 hr shift but the store manager said he does not allow those breaks. Except for the 30 minutes for lunch, so that he doesn't get in trouble with the state and federal law.

Interview Questions

• are you available 24/7?   1 Answer
    • are you ok with no commission, even though you applied to a sales position   1 Answer
    • Im sure your wondering who gets all the commission dollars you and all the other associates make The answer is it goes to all of us 4 top manager's here in the store?   1 Answer