La-Z-Boy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at La-Z-Boy

2.3

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Monroe, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

It was pretty quick, and I interviewed for 3 rounds, and then I withdrew my appilication. I was told multiple times that I had the least experience of all candidates, and was asked if I was scared or intimidated by that. I did not appreciate them blatantly showing doubt in me, but still inviting me for 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you intimidated by having to own projects?   1 Answer
    • What is your brand perception of us?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about our website? What would you change?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (East Lansing, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

1 was very laid back. Make sure you are prepared with intelligent questions to ask them! Next one was more behavioral style questions but still very conversational. The first interview had 2 managers and the 2nd interview had 2 managers. Just went from one to the other-back to back style on my school campus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to receive housing stipend which was helpful

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Monroe, MI).

Interview

I applied online and was later contacted for a phone interview. It was a typical phone screen. I was then invited to interview onsite at their HQ in Monroe to interview for two intern positions. It was the IT intern day. I arrived and checked in and soon entered my first interview. I then moved on to the second interview. All the interviewers were very nice and asked good questions, but nothing too difficult. The Chief Information Officer even popped in to say hello during my interview, which was an incredible experience. After the interviews a HR rep took us for a tour of their gorgeous facility. Overall it was a great experience

Materials Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR manager; subsequent phone screen with hiring manager. Both were extensive interviews that took a fair amount of time and preparation. I was rejected rather brusquely in a manner that I think is uncalled for, despite my experience and contribution (helped them to develop a baseline of knowledge). Also don't think they warmed to the fact that I'm a veteran.

Interview Questions

• Qualifications; dealing with more experienced employees; evaluating success   Answer Question

Upholsterer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neosho, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Neosho, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Was asked about being able to stand for extended periods of time, and any issues lifting. Short and sweet with a walk through the plant. After the walkthrough I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Would I have an issue bending/lifting or standing on my feet for long periods of time.   1 Answer

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Tazewell, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (New Tazewell, TN) in January 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different people at the same time. I felt they were very upfront with me about the job and the demands that are involved with the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to multi-task?   1 Answer

Assistant Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liberty, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Liberty, MO).

Interview

The interviewer asked prompt question that adhere to the position. Questions to see if you as a candidate fit the team, as well as, meeting the required weekly/montly assignment and goals set by the employer. At the end they ask questions if you are the right fit or if you have any questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Where did you go to school and how far is your education?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Naperville, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Very thorough, the interview really tests your knowledge on the business. Key metrics, performance goals, and development opportunities...etc. How does your skill sets that you have currently / or have developed can help the business grow?

Interview Questions

• What are the key performance metrics that Naperville location needed to improve up?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Beachwood, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I was told that I was being offered the Store Manger position as part of the corporate transition. It wasn't an interview, though I asked questions before I took the job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

They use the STAR method. You need to discuss the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing. You can also expect to participate in a Case type role play.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to achieve a specific goal. What was the goal? How did you approach it? What was the result? What did you learn?   Answer Question