La-Z-Boy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

La-Z-Boy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy.

Interview

It was rather easy, basically just go in and be honest about yourself. Nothing out of the ordinary. It was an in person interview, they said that they do not like to do interviews over the phone because they aren't as personable.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Morrisville, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

15 minute screen by the HR manager. Then invited in for an in person interview with, again, the HR manager and the district manager (market manager). They interviewed me together. Lasted about 2+ hours on one of the couches in their (now my) store. Very laid back. The HR manager definitely asked more structured corporate questions, but none you're not used to. I could tell the district manager was more focused on my personality. They do not ask you to sell a pen or the ridiculous "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer..", nor where do I see myself in 5 years (though I kind of answered it anyway). They were fun, we laughed a lot, they had like 3 other interviews after me, one waiting in plain sight.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate a group of sales associates that don't receive commission?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

Went to the store for an in person interview and met with the Store Manager. I thought I was interviewing for Designer, but they already filled that position which was irritating.

Design Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Lots of unnecessary paperwork lots of Janitorial duties always very understaffed during huge sales. Policy book says that we were supposed to get 2 10 minute beaks and a 30 minute lunch if working an 8 hr shift but the store manager said he does not allow those breaks. Except for the 30 minutes for lunch, so that he doesn't get in trouble with the state and federal law.

Interview Questions

• are you available 24/7?   1 Answer
    • are you ok with no commission, even though you applied to a sales position   1 Answer
    • Im sure your wondering who gets all the commission dollars you and all the other associates make The answer is it goes to all of us 4 top manager's here in the store?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stoughton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Stoughton, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very lazy and unenthusiastic and involved a lot of unintelligent questions, Typical questions such as are you able to work weekends and holidays, do you have open availability and can you vacuum and dust and do you have previous work experience. Nothing too challenging. A monkey could get a job there.

Product Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Monroe, MI).

Interview

Started with an HR phone screen (15 minutes), next was a phone interview with a marketing manager (30 minutes), and then was invited for an in-person interview to meet with 3 individuals (separately) for a 2-hour long interview. In total, my interview process lasted around two months. Overall, I had a very positive interview experience with everyone and felt that initially HR was outstanding with keeping me up-to-date, until they went MIA completely. After following up a few different times to determine if a decision was made, I never received any kind of answer if the position had yet been filled. If you decide to not move forward with a candidate, it's definitely professional and polite to let them via phone/email/letter than to just leave them wondering if you've made a decision after investing so much of their time into you. Less than impressed with the result of the interview process - large time commitment to never hear any outcome of a decision.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I was brought into a staged living room, we settled into the couch and had a very non pressured conversation. It was very personable and friendly. I was asked to bring in my portfolio and was asked about my inspiration and my thought process. I was asked about my previous job experience and education.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you've had in a recent job, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Monroe, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview, but they never called back. The interview, while not difficult, was unprofessional, if not strange. No questions were asked that invited me to sell myself on my skills, which probably were more than what is required of the job. See below.

Interview Questions

• The one that stood out the most was a question about whether or not I can take criticism. He said the team might tell me "on a given day, how stupid my ideas are," (yes, that is a quote" - and that they are really tough. Then they might surprise me and say they like something. I thought this was odd and that, frankly, they sound kind of like jerks and that I might not really want to work there if people don't know how to give constructive criticism and behave in a civil manner.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview was faster than I expected but polite and professional. Quick easy hiring process. My first paycheck took a long time to reach me based on the pay period so don't depend on it immediately. It was about a month of no income but after that everything evened out.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience in overcoming objections?   1 Answer

Interior Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at La-Z-Boy (North Plainfield, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

When I got there I filled a questionary all about my professional and education life. Three employees were sitting with me to interview me - store manager, interior designer and sales assistant I guess. Everyone very pleasant and friendly with me.

Interview Questions

• The store manager ask me to find something in the store that you like and try sell it to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am still waiting the store manager call me back to inform me a better hourly rate. Really low.