Landry's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Landry's

2.3

Construction Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landry's (Galveston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very brief, and very basic. It only took maybe 5 minutes and it was finished. I didn't need references or anything either. I was asked if I knew how to use hand tools and power tools.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable using hand tools and power tools?   1 Answer

Kitchen Supervisor Interview

Interview

I interviewed with an exe. Chef and was told someone would call me. I left and within two hours someone called me and asked me to come back and start ASAP.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

went through H/R then through Accounting department. they gave me an accounting test to verify i knew where the debits and credits properly went. the accounting manager I interviewed with was extremely impersonal.

Interview Questions

• what was my experience with restaurants   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation possible, the position pays what it pays

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

First talk with the HR recruiter and responded questions. Later I was introduced to an Accounting manager and test me on accounting knowledge manually for 15 minutes. Then since I passed I was introduced to a concept controller for another interview. Finally I was taken to the office of the VP of Accounting for a final interview (4th). Each person had different questions.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been working in accounting? Have you worked in all areas of accounting?   1 Answer

Sever Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Landry's (Galveston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

it was very quick and fast. I got the interview fast, very few question and was in and out very quickly. it all was handled very well and would be happy to do it again some day

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landry's (Orlando, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief interview with two managers in a quiet conference room setting. They are polite and were respectful and appeared to be very serious. It was clear that they wanted someone to show Disney "happiness and energy" and if you provide that, you're almost in the clear. Just make sure you prove to them that you are a sales person who can sell expensive drinks, appetizers, entrees, and desserts.

Interview Questions

• How would you upsell larger alcoholic beverages, kids souvenir cups, or appetizers? (BE READY TO SHOW UPSELLING STRATEGIES)   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's.

Interview

The interview began with me being interviewed by the hiring manager. She asked questions related to my resume and prior experience within the industry. The hiring manager then began to explain the role of the standard server within the restaurant and how it could lead to a bartender position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was short, and to the point. They ask questions in regard to your experience and product knowledge. If they like you, they will immediately conduct a second interview.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Filled out an application in the restaurant. I then asked to see a manager. I was interviewed by the first manager and asked to return the following day to have a second interview. On that second day, I was hired by the Landry's company and asked to return for the orientation session the following week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you had an unruly customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Very brief and informal

Better offer.