Landry's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Landry's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.4

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very casual and not intimidating at all. Seemed a bit friendlier than normal and I was shown the entire establishment and met all the managers on hand at the time.

Bar Tender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galveston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Landry's (Galveston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

interviewed with food and bev manager and GM of hotel. F&B manager & one of the supervisors were less than impressive. Their demeanor was neither pleasant nor professional and they certainly weren't particularly personable. (there was no bar manager.) The GM was great. Had I ended up working directly under him, I'd have stayed.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience. have you ever worked in a resort atmosphere?   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

Short and sweet the manager was appearantly disappointed in my request for information and obviously uninterested in supporting a carrer Soldier. Transitioning was certainly expected to be a difficult, though never in a million years would I ever consider being rude to a possible employee.

Restaurant Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Landry's.

Interview

There was a test before interview. Easy. After go through the Hr, a manager will give you a test. If you pass, you will continue to have an interview with accounting manager.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Vancouver, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they called the next day to set up an interview. Interview went well ...very professional. A couple of questions were asked and then I was told there was a 3 part hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How would you handle an upset guest
      Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's.

Interview

I found a posting online, and reached out to a recruiter. About a week and a half later, I had a brief phone interview and was recommended for an in-person interview; I went at the end of that week.
    Early in the following week, I returned to interview with two others, and also do an "on the job" interview, where I was able to interact with the team and get a feel for the environment. The next day, the recruiter contacted me and asked me to go for a drug test and they would run my background check. To no fault of Landry's, the background took about a week to be returned. I received the offer, and should be starting within the next two weeks, we're lining up the final details now.

Interview Questions

• I was required to do a 3-hour stint on the floor, which I wasn't expecting them to ask of me. However, I enjoyed the experience and I've already had the opportunity to shake hands with some of my new colleagues!   Answer Question

Restaurant Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Then asked to come in for in-person interview. Took accounting test for make sure you know debits and credits. Then interviewed with Controller and VP of Accounting. Pretty relaxed. Mainly explained expectations of position

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with prepaid expenses or accruals?   Answer Question

Customer Marketing Manager - IGaming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter, asked some basic questions and discussed the role in brief detail. Scheduled an interview with the company (which was supposed to be face to face, but the recruiter screwed up, so ended up being a phone interview). Interview was pretty tough, the interviewer was a very senior member of the leadership team (interviewing on behalf of a colleague), so asked some pretty pressing questions and didn't hold back on scrutinising the detail on my resume. I actually wondered whether I would move any further in the process, but it must have just been his style of interviewing as sure enough I moved forward in the process. Invited back to interview face to face at the corporate HQ with whom the role would report to. We didn't really discuss anything on my resume at this stage, this was all about suitability for the role and what I had done in the past which was relevant to this role. Good looking offices in Downtown, very convenient location right off the highway. Interview lasted near 2hrs and went very well. Unfortunately they went with an internal candidate with more industry experience than me, which was a shame as I really wanted the role and liked the company. Feedback I received was complementary. Perhaps I'll get another opportunity with the company in the future!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your knowledge of online CRM?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a project you were involved in that changed the online experience for the customer?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the online gambling industry?   Answer Question

Payroll Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a interview with a HR recruiter first. Then i interviewed with the payroll manager, director and supervisor all at the same time. It was a lot of the same typical question asked in interviews. Just with three people back to back.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience?
      What are your work ethics?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Sit there for 2 hours, talk to different manager, not hard at all, questions are easy, about yourself, your work experience, about alcohol a bit, that was the questions first manager asked, then after 20 min wait another manager comes over and tells you if you are hired or not and if yes, just explain you how to proceed further