Landry's Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Landry's

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 82 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Landry's (United States)

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people. Very friendly. Interview took about 1-2 hours. Interviewed individually with each person that came in. They described the role, company culture, and asked questions related to your experience.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in your current role?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in Jan 2020

Interview

talk to three different head managers. first one was the scheduling manager, I later talked to who i believe was the assistant/bar manager and then the general manager. last person (the gm) makes the hiring decision. scheduling manager gets you set up with orientation/training. they all ask you a series of questions

Interview Questions
  • how can you juggle three demanding tables?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in Feb 2019

Interview

Whole process took a few weeks to complete. First applied online, then received a call for in-person interview about 2 weeks later. More behavioral questions with few experience questions. Interviewed with hiring manager first, then two other managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in Jul 2018

Interview

I was contacted by an HR rep in July. I had applied to a different role and was ghosted/rejected, but they kept my resume on file. I appreciate the HR rep for thinking of me when this new position opened up. However, I was asked to come in to interview with the Hiring manager, so I took time off of work and came in for what essentially could have been a phone screening. I was told this was the early stages of interviews and to follow up in a few weeks. I followed up 2 weeks later and never received another communication from Landry's - not even an automated rejected email. This was the second time I was ghosted by this company, and colleagues have shared similar stories.

Interview Questions
Landry's
Anonymous Employee in Kemah, TX
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Kemah, TX) in Mar 2018

Interview

The process was very quick as they were short staffed and a friend had already recommended me. The manager that interviewed me was very nice and I didn't feel pressured. I don't think they put much thought into my interview because of my resume, recommendation, and the fact that they were desperate for servers.

Interview Questions
  • What was my greatest weakness working as a hostess and foodrunner at my old restaurant?
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in Dec 2017

Interview

When you are there to apply is about playing tag with a manager. You never know if they are available or not, even though they have "walk-in" interview hours. You fill out the application and turn it in if you're lucky they'll interview you right away. Otherwise, I've seen them throw away the application or just pilled on top of the pile they already have.

Interview Questions
Landry's
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX)

Interview

I was contacted by one of the senior buyers who happened to have my resume on hand. We chatted briefly about my skills and interests, and she told me about an open position at the company that I might be a good fit for if I was interested. Shortly after I was contacted by the HR manager to schedule an in-person interview with them and the two senior buyers for the company (one of which would have been my direct boss). I spoke with the HR manager and then the two senior buyers, and about a day or so later I had my final interview with the head of the dept over the phone.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like to work for a company like Landry's?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Landry's (United States)

Interview

The interview began with me being interviewed by the hiring manager. She asked questions related to my resume and prior experience within the industry. The hiring manager then began to explain the role of the standard server within the restaurant and how it could lead to a bartender position.

Interview Questions
Landry's
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in Nov 2017

Interview

I sent in a resume and was contacted very shortly after. I had 3 interviews within 2 days with two of the interviewers explaining how perfect I was for the job. The last interviewer told to make sure I called him back if I didn't get from him in 2 days and to make sure I purchased a 12 dollar DMV record. I call back to get a very confused response and put on hold 3 times. After the third time on hold, the last interviewer came on to inform me I wasn't hired and hung up

Interview Questions
Landry's
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Landry's (Houston, TX) in Nov 2017

Interview

Came in around 4:30 spoke to HR. She sent me to accounting manager who gave me a test to make sure I knew credits and debits. Then I spoke with a controller. Then I spoke to the president of accounting. Typical interview and made me feel full of hope about the company. Told me the work was hard but I was up for it. Did not tell me how the managers treat you after 3 months if you still don’t underhand something that even managers had trouble with.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 82