Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Larsen & Toubro Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2018

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in April 2012.

Interview

I was asked to meet the HR in their central office and I had to wait for a while to meet with him. The interview was behavioral, just asked me about my major, gpa etc

Interview Questions

• what differentiates you from others in your class   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was good experience

Intern Interview

Interview

And as for me, I am not the best when it comes to answering questions on the fly, so I "memorize" (not word for word, the general idea so that should I be asked the question, I would already know how to answer it as soon as it is asked) the most likely questions (ie. Tell me about yourself or at the very least "Why do you want to be a CLS") and think up of various situations in my work/school that can serve as appropriate situations for behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you completed any internships? What did you gain from the experience?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview. all questions asked were technical and easy to comprehend. The HR questions were straightforward too. I asked a few questions which were well responded.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in January 2010.

Interview

Tell me about the projects you have done, what was your role in the project, what did you learn from this project, what were the difficulties that you faced in the project and how did you overcome it. What is long term and short term goal, what are you looking in the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro in May 2013.

Interview

There were totally 3 rounds, Aptitude Test, HR and Technical Interview. The aptitude test is straight forward, containing analytical and reasoning type questions. HR is swift and easy, followed by an intense technical round, that needs a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions

• Draw and briefly explain all the operations of a substation, given a piece of paper.!   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

Interview took place in the university campus in my final year of Bachelor's. It was approximately 45 mins- 1 hr. I was very nervous as it was my first interview but the interviewer was very friendly and he encouraged me to think out aloud so it seemed more casual and felt like any lab viva. Even if you don't know all the answers, thinking out aloud if you're reasonably confident about your thought process really helps.

Interview Questions

• 1. Working of different kinds of motor
      2. Protection for motors and generators
      3. Drawing induction motor
      4. Effect of overloading of motors
      5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      6. Your positives and negatives
      7. About fuses and circuit breakers   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2015.

Interview

One on One Face to Face Interview. Lasted for 1 hour. Drilled through all basics and asked question all around resume. Kept asking question from my answers until I choked. Was all around my resume asking technical questions about my projects. Also tried to bully me whenver he got a chance.

Interview Questions

• Basic operation on Boost Converter   1 Answer
    • Z , S , V calculation for a system with transformers generators and loads   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

First an on campus interview was held. After a year another interview via video conference took place. After the interview HR called and told me about my selection and gave further instructions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was fixed as it was campus recruitment.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

HR AND TR Rounds in one day. Rapid interview and panel is very friendly . But they took no one. IQ quiz is pretty easy but group discussion is tricky

Interview Questions

• What is four wheel drive, Diesel engine, Engineering drawing   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Larsen & Toubro.

Interview

Mix of technical and HR based questions. There was an analytical test first, which was based on GRE/GMAT type math questions. They also had a GPA cut off, and requirement of no backlogs.

Interview Questions

• Explain about your project, what is your approach, what standards are you referring   1 Answer