Laserfiche Presales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Laserfiche Presales Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Laserfiche

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First, I spoke to an HR rep on my college's career fair and she called me the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with the same HR rep asking typical questions about my resume, skills, and interests. Next, I had another phone interview with the CIO and we discussed the details of the job position. Finally, I was asked to complete a problem-solving exercise and prepare two 15-minute presentations (One about ECM and another is anything of my choice) for an on-site interview.

Pretty extensive process.. but hopefully will be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work under pressure. What did you like most from your previous job? What did you dislike most from your previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Laserfiche

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone interview. Asked basic questions about my resume. Asked for SAT scores. Mostly wanted to see what kind of person I am and how I handle various situations. No technical questions or anything like that. Interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What other jobs/companies have you applied to and who have you heard back from?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still in the interviewing process.

Presales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche.

Interview

Phone screening - Typical interview questions such as your experience, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, and school information.
    Problem solving Exercise - You are given a written scenario with the expectation to report on what the issue is and how to solve it.
    Management Interview - a set of typical quesitons, such as experience, strengths, weaknesses, school and life experiences. Also a set of "riddles" or problem solving questions. Questions vary by department, but most can be solved by using common logic and mathematical skills.
    Presentation - some departments may require you to do 2 presentations, one for ECM and another of a topic of your choice. This is to show your research and presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• If you are applying for a technical position, be ready to answer some problem solving questions. For example, you have 8 balls of equal shape but 1 is heavier than the rest. Using a scale balance, what method will minimize the amount of times you use the balance to find the heavier ball?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very few people negotiate because they hire straight out of college. Do not be scared to negotiate because they are very picky with their employees, so if you receive an offer then they really like it and making a counter-offer won't change that. I have heard from previous managers that they would actually prefer the candidates that make counter-offers because it shows confidence and self worth.
    If you make a counter-offer, be prepared to know WHY you're worth what you're asking.

Presales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laserfiche.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a person in HR several weeks later. I had to write a case study, followed by a skype interview, followed by an in-person interview for which I was asked to put together two powerpoint presentations. Overall it was a pretty easy process, even though there were several hoops to jump through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Called me once to schedule an appointment for interview over the phone. Then they called back at the agreed time and date. The person I talked with was very friendly and sweet. I got asked typical interview questions, like what do you know about the company? Your background, and why interested in sale?

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult question is also the most simple all sales position will ask. Why sales?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview: Lasted about 40 minutes, the lady was incredibly sweet and friendly, which definitely made the interview process more enjoyable. We began with routine questions like how did you hear about the company, and why presales. The main difference between this phone interview and the ones I had before was that the lady asked me questions closely related to the past experiences in my resume. I was asked about the responsibilities and difficulties that I had in my last job/internship, what I did/didn't like about that position. The questions she asked made me feel like they were trying to see what kind of person I am rather than how well I can answer standard interview questions. Try to be yourself and you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• I couldn't remember the exact question so this might be vague: Describe a situation in which you had to use a creative solution to address a problem that came up unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Arlington, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

A very straightforward interview process, but with a section on logic games and puzzles that required the interviewee to solve a couple of logic problems and walk the interviewers through the process.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in working with clients of different technical ability?   Answer Question

Presales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laserfiche in October 2016.

Interview

It took 2 weeks for them to contact me after I had submitted my application online. Very general questions and the recruiter was very kind. This was the phone interview. Then I received a case study for which I probably did not submit an answer they liked so they told me they were moving forward with someone else. Overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Asked question mostly related to the resume.
      What are your salary requirements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Vienna, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied with my resume online and heard back within a day from a recruiter asking for a phone interview. The recruiter was very pleasant, and assigned me a case study to return within a few days. Afterwards, I had another phone interview with a Presales Engineer who gave me three problem-solving exercises to complete over the phone. Finally, they invited me to give two presentations in-person.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laserfiche (Long Beach, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Multi-stage but straight forward. First stage you will get a logical problem to solve, then interview on-site and if pass then you will have to do another interview that consists of two presentation in front of the team