Lawrence Berkeley Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lawrence Berkeley Lab Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Systems Administrator Interview

Interview

There is one phone interview at first, and the second one is the onsite interview to meet with the team. The questions are not hard. I recommend you are proficient at Linux workflow.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Typical process for a research positions: give a presentation on your past/current research work to the groups interviewing with, followed by one-on-one talks/interviews with various researchers in the department and groups
    Focus is on your potential as a researcher

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

do not quite remember by now. but there will be online application, interview by the hiring PI, then HR will work on the files. The process will be largely decided by the hiring PI

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

No pre-phone interview. Was invited to give a job talk and then spend the rest of the day speaking with small groups of people. Very few questions about my experience and background beyond what was asked during my talk. Instead, they explained to me the details and background of the project I'd be working on.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funds, what research project would you pursue?   Answer Question

Principal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab in August 2016.

Interview

I had 2 panel style interviews. First one was with 3 people and the second one also with 3 people. Each person had a turn in asking questions about my background and typical scenario style questions and work style questions. There was also an Excel skills test.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical interview questions but there was one sincere one that I had to think about: How do you learn?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was called in on two different jobs- although I had been at the labs prior and it was a good process. Was discussing two different jobs and was turned down for one before getting my current flywheel position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview last about a whole day. Give a presentation in front of the group members for almost 45 mins including question & answer section. And talk with most group members 1 vs 1 regarding to their research. Have lunch together with some group members.

Manufacturing and Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the recruiting manager. Some questions about my background, no technical questions. Then they invited me for a piano interview and I had also to prepare a presentation on a technical subject linked to the job position I applied. The presentation last for 1 hour and the piano interview 1 hour too. They asked me technical questions during the presentation and then more questions about my background and why and how I could fit with their organization.
    Then they gave me a tour of the lab which was very nice of them. It was very nice to visit the cyclotron. Then, They asked for three recommendation letters from my ex company.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage resistance to the quality implementation?
      Do you have experience with suppliers?
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

Interview

Challenging. Panel ask questions and each panel member takes turns. After interviews, the panel decides if the candidate can come for a 1:1 interview with the Business Manager. If the candidate is liked by the business manager, the candidate gets called in to meet with the manager they will be working for.

Application

Interview

It was simple, two-round interview, first phone interview was very informal, and second on-site was very easy too; the offer was given the next week after the second round. They asked questions about experiences; questions about career plans; questions about salary requirements at the second review.

Interview Questions

• questions about experiences; questions about career plans; questions about salary requirements at the second review   Answer Question