Lawrence Berkeley Lab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lawrence Berkeley Lab Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab.

Interview

Online Application. Fill out the forms, get letters of recommendation from professors or peers or something. Several long answer questions. After submitting theres an internal matching system. If you are chosen your team will reach out to you.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have? What are your interests? What type of projects would you like to work on? Etc.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

One hour, multiple persons, and from different depts and agencies. Casual, respectful. No one seemed to lead interview, introductions etc however. No follow up (calls/emails) answered, and it seemed as if the position was never filled.

Interview Questions

• A number of questions related to what would I have done, in a real situation experience in the position.   1 Answer

Interview

There is one phone interview at first, and the second one is the onsite interview to meet with the team. The questions are not hard. I recommend you are proficient at Linux workflow.

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was just a phone call with questions on research questions, It is probably very hard and people need to prepare a lot of research and open-ended questions. The interview was great

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Typical process for a research positions: give a presentation on your past/current research work to the groups interviewing with, followed by one-on-one talks/interviews with various researchers in the department and groups
    Focus is on your potential as a researcher

Interview Questions

Interview

do not quite remember by now. but there will be online application, interview by the hiring PI, then HR will work on the files. The process will be largely decided by the hiring PI

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

No pre-phone interview. Was invited to give a job talk and then spend the rest of the day speaking with small groups of people. Very few questions about my experience and background beyond what was asked during my talk. Instead, they explained to me the details and background of the project I'd be working on.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funds, what research project would you pursue?   Answer Question

Principal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab in August 2016.

Interview

I had 2 panel style interviews. First one was with 3 people and the second one also with 3 people. Each person had a turn in asking questions about my background and typical scenario style questions and work style questions. There was also an Excel skills test.

Interview Questions

• I was asked typical interview questions but there was one sincere one that I had to think about: How do you learn?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was called in on two different jobs- although I had been at the labs prior and it was a good process. Was discussing two different jobs and was turned down for one before getting my current flywheel position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lawrence Berkeley Lab (Berkeley, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview last about a whole day. Give a presentation in front of the group members for almost 45 mins including question & answer section. And talk with most group members 1 vs 1 regarding to their research. Have lunch together with some group members.