LensCrafters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at LensCrafters

2.3

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Des Moines, IA) in August 2010.

Interview

It was just a one on one interview couple qustions about team work and that's it! It was like they wanted to know who you are as a person. Can you work in a fast-pace environment and how do you feel about a team?

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters (White Plains, NY).

Interview

If you are polite, enthused, dressed well, and have a slightly compatible resume you will get called back. You will do a phone test that will tell if your interview will continue.

Interview Questions

• Being nervous I was asked to go in the lab and select a tool for production. Like I said I was nervous. Also, answering what I could do for the company to grow.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tug of war with salary. There are guidelines they stick to.

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Rockville, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was awesome and the person that I thought I would be working with would have made all the difference in how I perceived this company and how well things could be. I ended up with a horrible store manager, but a great person, that did nothing.
    There is a bunch of "computer training" I think was made in the 90's. Ann the training was mandatory, even if you had YEAR of experience. It was boring and and waste of a day. The company lacks common sense when it comes to thinking about the future and developing the employees instead of making them feel like it's a dead end job. General managers are pulled from places with no optical experience all the he time, they never last long with a crew that are actual opticians, not sales associates. You can't theheimetell someone how theheimetell do a job if you don't understand what theheimetell he job is or how infts done. Makes for in fighting and high turn over.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Took 2 weeks. I interviewed with the store manager as well as her superior. Preliminary interview was held via phone call... Then at the prospective store. We all met at 8am and had lunch. I received the phone call after the background check cleared.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Savannah, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I contacted the Store Manager by phone. He had an opening but needed to check with district managers to be sure hiring was still open. Then did a face to face interview for about 1 hour. Questions about skill, getting along with general population. Covered shift work, weekend work and how I would handle employees that had been there for a length of time that may not take to an outsider coming in. Working late closing Lab, serving late walk in people needing service. Closing store and doing closing reports. Making out duty sheets for weeks to come. Would have to conduct employee problems that arise.

Interview Questions

• How do I get along with employees and general populationVery good   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the amount I was looking for. The store manager said I would get a raise of about .50 cents per hour in about 3 months if all went. The gave me 01. cent. Yes one cent. The store manager was let go and I had not got the specifics in writing concerning the raise.

Anonymous Employee in Paradise Valley, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Paradise Valley, AZ) in December 2011.

Interview

I filled out a resume in the store and got a call back about a week later.
    The interview was very laid back and my future boss asked questions corporate had written down on a list. I could tell he thought they were kind of silly while he was asking them.
    I then had an interview with the store manager, and basically she just talked to me the whole time. All I really had to do was nod and agree with her.
    I took a drug test (they pay for it), and got a call from them to start after they received the drug test results.

Interview Questions

• It's hard to remember since it was a while ago, one was something along the lines of ... "Describe a time you went above and beyond the job requirements" another was something like " Explain a time when you were very frustrated at work".   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's pretty rigid pay scales set by corporate so there wasn't too much of a negotiation. But my bosses saw that I had been making more at my previous jobs than the starting level pay there, so they bumped me up to an intermediate level halfway through the pay grades till I took my Certification test, (which is the highest pay you receive as a lab technician after you pass your certification exam).
     My understanding of how the pay works at LensCrafters is first you make minimum wage(ish) till you learn how to operate the Surfacing side of the lab. Then once you are competent at that you get a pay raise. After you master the next step ("finishing") you get another pay raise. By the end of that process you are somewhere around 9$, (which was close to my starting pay). Then after I got my certification test I was bumped up to 10.25ish. But it took me about 6 months to pass my certification test, and I think that is pretty fast compared to usual.

Anonymous Employee in North Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LensCrafters (North Palm Beach, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

asked me a lot of questions about myself and how I work. All aimed at gettting to know who I am. Offered me the job, then never called and would not take my phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Give an instance when you were strapped for time and needed to meet a deadline. What did you do to meet the deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

2 step interview, drug test is required to start to work. Good at simple algebra.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your major will help you on the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When to start and paid for hour.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

the interview process went very well and the best part was that they where willing to work around my hours

Interview Questions

• what would i do if one of the machine broke down   1 Answer

already had another job

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters in January 2009.

Interview

I walked into the store and asked for an application, and whether or not they were hiring. They were swamped, and gave me a form. It included a questionnaire, as well as a call-in pre-interview review. It was all very easy, very normal, and very similar to every other application I had filled out previously.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was to raise my right hand. The job requires knowing left from right, and they had previously hired someone who had major difficulties keeping the two separate.   1 Answer