LensCrafters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LensCrafters Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.3

Store General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

Don't waste your time, the recruiter will call and leave a message about how they want to talk to you about the position, but when you try to call back they will not answer. I called this person back 4 times and nothing. When out of the blue this person texted me and told me that the regional manger wants to do a phone interview I agreed. She texted me the day of the interview and said it needed to be changed because of an issue the regional manager needed to take care of, so I agreed again to change it to the new day. The regional manager did call and we had an interview for 45 minutes, I thought it went fine. When at the end of the interview he said the recruiter would be the next person to contact me. I never talked to her to began with, why would she call me now. I knew when it was a joke. So unprofessional to text and not call applicants.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position in person. After submitting my application I was called in for an interview. I was interviewed by the assistant manager first. Once I passed the first interview, I was then interviewed by the general manager. Process took 1-2 weeks. In addition, there is a test you must take online (testing your work ethics) and drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Received a call to schedule and interview and accepted. I met with the store manager in the break room of the store I would be working at. The manager at my location was a very down to earth and realistic guy. It was a totally stress free interview where I was just asked about my work history and how I would like to transition to work for this company. Things like days and hours I would be available, training and advancement opportunities, etc.

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

I used to interview people for this position. Since no education other than high school diploma is necessary, but it requires training hours that aren't there, it's hard to land a job unless: 1. They are in serious need of someone fast 2. You already have lab experience 3. You have connections with someone already there. They are looking for someone to be fast, have good time management skills, learns from their mistakes, and believe it or not...has good morals, because you will be working with peoples eyesight and the companies inventory.

Interview Questions

• Something like, what was a time you were in a time constrained moment and how did you deal with it.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Folsom, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Laid back interview. Basic questions about your previous work experience, how you work under pressure, etc. At conclusion, interviewer will go over pay rate, hours, and shifts. Took about a week for them to notify me whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your free time?   1 Answer

Eyewear Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters.

Interview

Came in for a eyewear consultant position ended up being offfered a sales supervisor position. The manager was hard to get a hold of after I interviewed. The process was very sloppy.

Apprentice Optician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Cleveland, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

When you apply on-line they will call you to schedule an interview date. If that goes well they will send an offer email to you with your pay rate. Once accepted then you will get an email to do a background check. If you pass that then you should contact your manager to figure a start date and do your pre-boarding paperwork sent to you through an email.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work weekends?   1 Answer
    • What made you interested in the optical field?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Sales Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the district manager. We had a 45 minute interview where she asked specific industry and retail management questions. About two days later the district manager gave me a call and said their was a location in lower manhattan she thought I'd be a good fit for, and I interviewed with that Store manager. I was hired about 2-3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle and unruly customer   Answer Question

GEneral Managrr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LensCrafters (Rochester, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Met with another General Manager 1st, then the Regional Manager 3 days later. Both interviewers were very nice, informative, and accommodating to my time. I felt like they really wanted to talk and get to know me. I have a lot of experience in my field so the interview was as much me interviewing them as the other way around.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had where you had to discipline an employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LensCrafters (New York, NY).

Interview

I went through four different interviews with four different people- who all asked the same or similar questions. I had an interview with two supervisors, GM and the managing doctor before being offered a position.