Liberty IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

I got an interview via referral, so I got a link from my pal, filled out their application online and had an interview scheduled a couple weeks later. Interview was one hour, went a bit over probably. Could have been more technical questions, but overall a good mix of questions assessing how well you work with others, leadership/customer focus, technical skills and experience, enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• To speak about a time I had to work directly with a customer, or deliver something to a customer in short timespan   1 Answer

Jan 20, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. We carried out a review of our interview process during 2016, with one area of focus being the assessment of technical skills. We now have a stronger balance of... More

I T Helpdesk Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty IT.

Interview

Never met a ruder interviewer in all my life. Kept saying I didn't answer the question even though I didn't know how to expand on it any further without writing a manual. He was so arrogant that he turned me off the job.

Kept scoffing at my answers and wrote something down on a sheet of paper saying it was a technical issue, shows the other interviewer who laughed and said "yeah". Made me feel rather suspicious towards them.
    Thankfully I didn't get the job :)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Jul 19, 2017 – HR Director

I am sorry that you felt your interview with us was not a positive experience. I would like to assure you that we place the utmost importance on the experience that candidates have with us throughout... More

Associate Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blanchardstown (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Blanchardstown (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process was really smooth. There were two rounds in the recruitment process.
    First was an automated video interview that included reviewing your skills set, experience and some technical questions like trouble-shooting.
    Second round was a face-to-face interview taken by a panel of two interviewers. Both the interviewers were really nice, and helped me stay at ease during the interview. It was a competency based as well as a technical interview.
    Overall, it was a once of the best interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• - How would you trouble shoot an error in the computer network
      - How would you diagnose the source of any technical glitches
      - Windows Server and Linux bash scripting based questions
      - Explain with technical details any major project you were involved in   Answer Question

Jan 20, 2017 – HR Director

I am delighted to hear that your interview experience was so positive. Video interviews were introduced in 2016 and have helped reduce our application to appointment time. At the same time, we... More

Leadership Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online via detailed application form. Phone interview followed by interview in the Dublin office. Thorough interview went very well but very disappointed that received zero follow up/ feedback from company despite following up with them myself on more than one occasion. Very disheartening and unprofessional not to even acknowledge the my time and effort taken to go through the process.

Interview Questions

Liberty IT Response

Dec 20, 2016 – HR Director

I am really disappointed to read about your recent experience following your interview with us – we pride ourselves on ensuring everyone who applies to us gets a response and I am genuinely sorry... More

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Had to complete online tests then invited for an interview. Had to create a presentation on the most innovate thing you worked on and then deliver it at the interview as well as HR questions and technical questions. Nailed the interview but still didn't get an offer. Didn't receive any feedback.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted after the closing date to come in for an interview. The first stage interview was questions based on my skills and included a scenario/task that I was given 15 minutes prior to the interview. I was then asked back for a second stage interview where the questions were more in depth and more experience based.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when I was faced with a problem and explain what steps I took to overcome it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Very Lengthy. No response for long time.Would not recommend anyone to go in this company.It took 5 weeks. Not so professional.You'll not benefits. Junior members take interview of senior members.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

We went trough my CV and my previous experience and then They asked me certain technical questions, but there was no writing test. Also I've been drawing the architecture of my last project in a whiteboard.
    They were very interested in how I was behaving depends on a specific situation when working on other companies. How capable you are dealing with issues.

Interview Questions

• Differences between soap and rest webservices. CRUD. What kind of testing tools / methodology do you know. Experience in your previous job: draw the architecture of your last project (I know now they can ask you to do a presentation, they'll request it in advance).   Answer Question

Assistant Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty IT (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, had a psychometric test and then invite to interview.Interview was fairly relaxed and there was nothing overly difficult. Few technical questions about testing and programming. Good to have a knowledge of LIT and the parent company Liberty Mutual. Importance of testing is essential for interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None as was a placement position